Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin v10: Can't play The Sims 4 without Internet

I've made a previous thread about the issue of not being able to play The Sims 4 without Internet due to Origin but the discussion is now closed, I've also made another thread on Answer HQ Can't play Origin sign-in games without Internet connection.

It looks like Origin 10 has broke the ability to play sign in games without an Internet connection as I was previously able to play sign in games without Internet in version 9.x but it doesn't work on version 10 even when I tell Origin to remember me. I've tried this on two different computers (a Dell XPS 410 running Windows 7 Professional and a 2009 eMachines running Windows 10 Pro) and both had the same issue.
  • Connected to Internet & signed in to Origin: Can play The Sims 4.
  • Disconnected from the Internet but signed in to Origin: Origin automatically runs in offline mode and can start The Sims 4.
  • Not connected to the Internet & not signed in to Origin: The Sims 4 won't start as Origin won't connect.

This can be bad for users who aren't always connected to the Internet (i.e., traveling) or have no Internet connection but it shouldn't be an issue for users who always have an Internet connection.
Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer

Comments