Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Neighborhood for Your Sims?

I am leaning more and more this EP. Because basically I can't stop watching the official trailer. lol

But I think I have pretty well made up my mind which 'district' my Sims will prefer and that is those building across from the basketball court in the trailer. (hope it really is built that way) where the most interesting festival seems to be going on, and where we see the fireworks at the end. That seems to be the most interesting section to me so far.

Where will your Sims live?
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I am leaning more and more this EP. Because basically I can't stop watching the official trailer. lol

But I think I have pretty well made up my mind which 'district' my Sims will prefer and that is those building across from the basketball court in the trailer. (hope it really is built that way) where the most interesting festival seems to be going on, and where we see the fireworks at the end. That seems to be the most interesting section to me so far.

LOL I would think my sims kids would live in the disgusting apartments.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

In the trailer is the two buildings a brownstone or brick building (shorter) the affordable district? it seems to be feature a lot more than the high rise sections. I think it just fits some of my Sims better.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options

In the trailer is the two buildings a brownstone or brick building (shorter) the affordable district? it seems to be feature a lot more than the high rise sections. I think it just fits some of my Sims better.
    I just picture them being really dirt poor after they move out on their own from their parents house that are kind of rich I mean they can afford where they live and they both finished their careers so they are level 10 at their jobs.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Imma have to go with the art district. I would of liked the spice district but it's a bit too "run down" for my tastes plus my sims always end up working on their painting skills so this district would probably work best for me.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

I just picture them being really dirt poor after they move out on their own from their parents house that are kind of rich I mean they can afford where they live and they both finished their careers so they are level 10 at their jobs.

I think Donna Noble (DW) probably wouldn't be able to afford her apartment away from mom and grandpa..so yeah, one of those cheap ones with the disgusting stuff. :D
  • Options
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    Imma have to go with the art district. I would of liked the spice district but it's a bit too "run down" for my tastes plus my sims always end up working on their painting skills so this district would probably work best for me.

Interesting especially if it has the traits for posing for paintings. Might need to keep all that separate in my head and figure out which one of my characters would fit over there.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    The one that is the most family-friendly/child-friendly. Maybe the one with the basketball court? :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    The one that is the most family-friendly/child-friendly. Maybe the one with the basketball court? :smile:

It looks like it doesn't it? For teens and kids and seems like a lot going on during a festival.
  • Options
    I'll end up living in every lot before I'm through. I think I'll start in a run down apartment on a food critic and a nice penthouse on a politician.
  • Options

It looks like it doesn't it? For teens and kids and seems like a lot going on during a festival.

Anything that adds to my family play is just fine with me. :smile: (A lot of my sims have at least two or more Children in the household.)

My request for future: I want kids to get face-painting, bouncy house, ball pits, and other kids-like stuff, like maybe more fun active games, in future packs. :smiley:
    (She/her)
  • Options

I think Donna Noble (DW) probably wouldn't be able to afford her apartment away from mom and grandpa..so yeah, one of those cheap ones with the disgusting stuff. :D
    :joy: See now you are getting the vibe Cine.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    I'll end up living in every lot before I'm through. I think I'll start in a run down apartment on a food critic and a nice penthouse on a politician.

Do the protest happen in particular areas or is this strictly tied to the career?
  • Options

:joy: See now you are getting the vibe Cine.

I'm only human. If you want some fun watching a trailer over and over can make you believe anything. So, yeah, I think my poor struggling Donna Noble (haven't played her in a year or so) who lives in one of those cheaper districts of WC save might like the city. :D
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member

Do the protest happen in particular areas or is this strictly tied to the career?

I don't know but I hope we can throw fruit at them.
  • Options

Can we carry around a podium? lol I wish.
  • Options

Ooh, yes, please! :grin:
    (She/her)
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Oh, where would Clara Oswald live? (DW) She would need a nicer apartment I think, and fast internet and she fancies herself of having some cooking prowess though no she really doesn't, except for soufflés. :p
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    I plan on a penthouse ... the one with the metal or glass overhangs. Modern looking building .... I like the look of it.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Oh, where would Clara Oswald live? (DW) She would need a nicer apartment I think, and fast internet and she fancies herself of having some cooking prowess though no she really doesn't, except for soufflés. :p

She's a teacher so wherever you put her, the lot needs to have a "good schools" trait.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    ebuchala wrote: »

She's a teacher so wherever you put her, the lot needs to have a "good schools" trait.

Oh, yeah, I forgot! I haven't seen the last few seasons in recent few years.
  • Options
    Gruffman wrote: »
    I plan on a penthouse ... the one with the metal or glass overhangs. Modern looking building .... I like the look of it.

Yes, modern is very nice. What do you plan on your Sims doing for a living and doing in the city?
  • Options
    What job should I give Donna Noble anyone? She is a secretary but wasn't a very good one in DW, lol....so she is more a snoop than anything. Maybe I will just let her not get rich etc. and go spy on neighbors and sale stuff at a flea market if there is one. lol
  • Options
    MinecraftdSimmerMinecraftdSimmer Posts: 561 Member
    I also love the brownstones, however, they come with locked bad traits such as needs tlc and filthy, which I think should have an option
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member

During the livestream, someone clicked on the floor in the penthouse, and a Sim in the politician career had the option to protest for Speak for the Trees or something like that. So apparently if your Sim is a politician he/she can start a protest anywhere.

• Options
    MVWdeZT wrote: »

During the livestream, someone clicked on the floor in the penthouse, and a Sim in the politician career had the option to protest for Speak for the Trees or something like that. So apparently if your Sim is a politician he/she can start a protest anywhere.

Oh, so it's not spontaneous Sims out like in TS3?