Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fellow simmers on the gallery, your opinions please!

TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
edited September 2016 in The Sims 4 Lots
I'm sort of curious on what aspects of a building you consider to be most important when downloading from the gallery.

Anyway, I set up a strawpoll here.

I tried to make the responses broad, so hopefully at least one of the answers is pertinent. If none of the answers really are true for you, let me know in the comments!

Thank you for your time, happy simming!
dgvibNQ.png

Comments

• Options
    CoemgenusKCoemgenusK Posts: 211 Member
    I don't usually download lots, but if I do I tend to find ones with good overall layout and architectural sensibility. Interior stuff and gardening I usually fiddle around on my own.
    positively Epicurean
  • Options
    AmyCarolynAmyCarolyn Posts: 303 Member
    I don't download from the gallery often because I like to build on my own. However, when I do, I look for something with a good layout that would work for the family I am playing with. I also take notice of realism (does the outside look like a house I could see irl driving down the street) I also check for simple decor that isn't overdone so I can easily put my own decorative spin. Also, MOO is great but there is such thing as too much MOO.
  • Options
    buzz_infamousbuzz_infamous Posts: 814 Member
    If i could i would have chosen all answers :p first i look at the exterior design and landscaping (it has to catch my eye). Then i check how the rooms are placed and designed - i dont like to do much redecorating when i decide to download
    Origin ID: minimalcanary
  • Options
    EgomouseEgomouse Posts: 69 Member
    edited September 2016
    I barely download, but if I do its because of the exterior. I like building my own but I'm not a pro. I like to download things that look difficult to make or just look cool overall. I don't think landscaping or interiors is out of my league, but the exterior takes me a long time, especially roofing. (I took hours trying to make a Victorian Haunted House, but I think it looks impressive ^w^). After downloading, I do change the interior at times so I don't really find it as a huge deal.
  • Options
    TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
    @CoemgenusK @AmyCarolyn @buzz_infamous @Egomouse

Thanks for your feedback!

Always interesting to see what people look for in gallery houses.
    dgvibNQ.png
  • Options
    BreezyBlue022BreezyBlue022 Posts: 126 Member
    I also download based off of exterior, building roofs in the sims 4 is something I definitely have not mastered
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I look for a house that has a "lived in" feeling such as all of @Follyfoot house's.
    If they contain Custom Content, I skip over it as I have issues with CC.