Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Karaoke Bar and Art Gallery venues

joseiloaizachjoseiloaizach Posts: 298 Member
CtEJ5O0WYAETOPG.jpg:large

There's an icon with a microphone and a star in the two neighborhoods of the left and another with a palette in the neighborhood of the top-right.

SWB%2BBanner%2BForums.png

♦ Origin ID: joseiloaizach
♦ Blog: simwillbuild.blogspot.com
♦ Twitter: twitter.com/SimWillBuild
Post edited by joseiloaizach on

Comments

• Options
    MistyDoveMistyDove Posts: 695 Member
    Yeah that would make sense!
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    I have seen microphone with star and palette. It seems like there will be 2 karaoke bars in this city.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    The microphone is the Lounge icon. It's been there since base game.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    What is the star icon?
  • Options
    MistyDoveMistyDove Posts: 695 Member
    @Penelope It's probably the new Karaoke Venue the OP mentioned. I zoomed in and it looks like there's a microphone in the star. The lounge has a microphone but not the star.
  • Options
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

The icon with the microphone also has a star, it's not the same icon.

• Options
    Penelope wrote: »
    What is the star icon?

Maybe for Karaoke Bars.

• Options
    mrkingvmrkingv Posts: 103 Member
    If the palette is an Art Gallery, there would be significant difference between it and the museum?
    But I can't wait for the Kareoke bar!
    GKOVUiH.png

Forum Discussion • Read it HERE
  • Options
    PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    mrkingv wrote: »
    If the palette is an Art Gallery, there would be significant difference between it and the museum?

I was wondering that as well. My Sims hardly ever visit the museum. I hope the Art Gallery offers more incentive to visit.
  • Options
    GrynnGrynn Posts: 260 Member

"Every time a Sims learning the Painting skill sells a painting directly from the easel there is a 20% chance that painting will replace a wall decoration item in the local art gallery."
  • Options

No, the icon in the middle is the microphone. The star looks like just a star.
    How can you even tell what's in the star? It's a picture for ants.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

No, the icon in the middle is the microphone. The star looks like just a star.
    How can you even tell what's in the star? It's a picture for ants.

By enlarging the picture with control +. That's a new karokee bar. The star has a microphone in the middle of it. The new world is coming with 2 of them.
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Grynn wrote: »

"Every time a Sims learning the Painting skill sells a painting directly from the easel there is a 20% chance that painting will replace a wall decoration item in the local art gallery."

The problem is, which picture would it replace? The wall decal you put up to show where the toilets were?
  • Options
    XMachiaXXMachiaX Posts: 122 Member
    Yesterday they only showed the Apartments... I'm sure they will do another livestream with more game play. Would be logic, considering that the game will release in about one month. I, at least, can't tell the difference between the "star" and the "microphone" xD Are both karaoke bars? I don't know, but I'm sure they will explain that in a future livestream. They also have to demonstrate cultural festivals.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Oh, so there is! I've been using the 'museum' lot as an art gallery. I wonder if that will work much differently?

Well, if it is a gallery, that'll be handy for me because I use the artist features a lot and there's a bit of an artist's network in my game. And this frees up the museum in Willow Creek which I think I'll turn into more of a natural or local history museum.

Thanks for pointing it out, I hope we hear more about it soon.

Is that an official quote? Do you have a link please?
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited September 2016
    MrMonty96 wrote: »

The problem is, which picture would it replace? The wall decal you put up to show where the toilets were?

Maybe there is a way to designate "viewable" art using the Lot Info panel (there are UI changes coming to that). Hopefully, they also add a way to "Set for sale" from build mode for GTW owners.

Saying that, I wonder if art in galleries is buyable by lot visitors? It'd be great if our artists work ends up in other homes that way. :)

The 20% chance is maybe related to quality level. Like Masterpieces have the option to "sell to gallery (or museum?)" on them when selling from the easel.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Oh, so there is! I've been using the 'museum' lot as an art gallery. I wonder if that will work much differently?

Well, if it is a gallery, that'll be handy for me because I use the artist features a lot and there's a bit of an artist's network in my game. And this frees up the museum in Willow Creek which I think I'll turn into more of a natural or local history museum.

Thanks for pointing it out, I hope we hear more about it soon.

Is that an official quote? Do you have a link please?

It used to be like that in TS3. :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    Oh man, I love all these pointless new lot types. We already had Bar, Lounge and Nightclub, and now we get "Karaoke Bar"? We can put karaoke machines in other bars. Why do they need their own special lot type?

And why do we need an Art Gallery when we already have Museums? What possible new gameplay can these lots offer that we can't get on the existing lots?
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    The Art Gallery could have a connection with the Art Critic career, not necessarily as the setting for an active career but as a place he or she has to visit regularly to get promoted.

Someone suggested that patrons in a karaoke bar would be more likely to listen and react to singers than people in a regular bar, so I can see the point of having them. But I've never understood why a lounge was necessary. I'll probably remove the one that comes with the game and put a restaurant or penthouse there and also remove the gym.