Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 University Life

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    evesdayevesday Posts: 10 New Member
    I would only be interested if there were multiple schools and after choosing a dorm/house the campus itself would be an open world experience so that we don't have to load for every single class. Kind of like the Jungle Adventure system.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Emwee wrote: »
    I like the idea a lot. Their degrees could help them advance a few career levels from the start. They could be activists too...staging sit ins and doing protest rallies. A student discount at restaurants and bars could come into it too.

Being an activist could help (or harm) the political career that came with City Living.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited January 2019
    I'd love to have the varitey of subjects back like we had in the Sims 2, but with a campus like we had in TS3.
    History, Psychology, Physics, Literature, Politics, Mathematics, Biology, Economics, Philosophy, Art, Acting (plus new ones: Medicine, IT, Sports, Music, Law).

They would all need certain skills for study progress and a degree would give you a head start and the possibility to start in a NEW career (university-student exclusive!).

History
    skills: writing, photography(, Selvadorian culture if you have JA)
    jobs: adventurer (new!), education (new!), lawyer (new!)

Psychology
    skills: charisma, mischief
    jobs: criminal, secret agent(, politics if you have CL, detective if you have GTW)

Physics
    skills: logic, handiness, rocket science
    jobs: secret agent(, science if you have GTW)

Literature
    skills: writing, logic
    jobs: writer, education (new!)

Politics
    skills: charisma, logic
    jobs: business(, politics if you have CL)

Mathematics
    skills: logic, programming, rocket science
    jobs: business, criminal, education (new!), architect (new!)

Biology
    skills: gardening, fishing, photography
    jobs: education (new!)(, gardener if you have Seasons, science if you have GTW)

Economics
    skills: charisma, logic
    jobs: business, criminal(, politics if you have CL)

Philosophy
    skills: writing, charisma(, wellness if you have SD)
    jobs: writer(, critic if you have CL)

Art
    skills: painting, handiness, photography, singing, dancing
    jobs: painter, culinary, style influencer(, gardener if you have Seasons)

Acting
    skills: charisma, guitar, violine, piano, singing, dancing, drums (new!)
    jobs: entertainer (, actor if you have GF)

Medicine
    skills: logic, handiness(, veterinarian skill if you have C&D)
    jobs: dentist (new!)(,doctor if you have GTW, vet if you have C&D)

IT
    skills: programming, photography, video gaming
    jobs: style influencer, secret agent, tech guru(, social media if you have CL)

Sports
    skills: fitness, charisma
    jobs: athlete, astronaut, adventurer (new!)

Music
    skills: piano, violine, guitar, drums (new!)(, pipe organ if you have Vampires)
    jobs: entertainer(, actor in you have GF)

Law
    skills: logic, charisma
    jobs: lawyer (new!)(, police officer if you have GTW)

NEW JOBS:
    Dentist will be a 10 level "rabbit hole" career.
    Lawyer will be a 10 level "rabbit hole" career.
    Architect will be a 10 level "rabbit hole" career.
    Education will be a 10 level "active" career (the campus as a place to work after graduation).
    Adventurer will be a 10 level "semi-active" career (gives you tasks to find certain objects in the world).

It looks like a complicated EP with lots of connections between packs and a lot of writing involved. Perfect for being developed by @SimGuruGraham don't you think?
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    I’m really excited for the possibility of a university expansion. I’d like it to come with a new world based on a university with a library, gym (rec center), a dining hall, park, student union, and dorms. The student union would be a unique lot type that is a hang out spot that might have activities like pool tables or arcade games. Dorms would function like small apartments and would be shared with NPC roommates, but there also would need to be a common area in the building where people can go and hang out.

Instead of being party centered, the pack should be career centered. Being a student should be like a semi-active career where you build skills and do activities to improve your grades. Getting a degree should be meaningful, opening your sim up to new careers or new levels in careers that aren’t possible otherwise. Several new careers should come with the pack- Law and Education at the very least. These careers should be linked with majors. Ideally, every major would be linked to at least one career:

Psychology- therapist (new), social worker (new)
    Literature- Writer (base game), teacher (new)
    Art- artist (base game), actor (get famous)
    Education- teacher (new)
    Political science- politics (city living), law (new), secret agent (base game)
    Engineering- architect (new), scientist (get to work), astronaut (base game)
    Chemistry- doctor (get to work), scientist (get to work), teacher (new)

When sims graduate, they should wear a cap and gown for story telling/picture opportunities, even if it just means spinning into the outfit for a special party type where you can invite family and friends (so no ceremony). Graduating could also come with perks, like new unlockable traits and/or special interactions (debate theories, brag about degree).

The pack could also add pool tables, pinball machines, bunk beds, volleyball or tennis (or some kind of competitive sport that wouldn’t be too complicated to animate), dating apps, and kegs.
  • Options
    AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    Honestly sounds just like a copy-paste from sims 3 and 2 and knowing sims 4 it'd be all happy-go-lucky and childish so no thanks lets just move on to sims 5
    23rif7.gif
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    We really need university!
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    JassaricJassaric Posts: 1 New Member
    personally im not looking forward to a university pack id rather they do something they have not already done and make it interesting instead of forcing us to play through 3 life stages of school... I'm bored with that
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    none of the above universaty to me as a player is the most boaring ep even if i purchuse the ep i have no plan in sending my sims to uni
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Now, if only we could get Maxis to bump this to the top of their To-Do list...

Their go-to for feedback are their twitters, not forums.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    Barney111Barney111 Posts: 20 Member
    I have just downloaded sims 4 university and i am finding this so hard to understand! having to do so many classes to be able to pass the course and i dont know where to start, or even be able to find the classes, i thought the university would be a bit more straight forward being able to know where classes are, having events and things... unless i am really just not playing it right? Any light would be helpful, thanks