Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Confirmed: No bands in City Living.

Comments

• Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    *grumbles*

I'm not so bothered that bands aren't in this expansion.

What concerns me is that having the keyboard and singing in this expansion without bands, decreases the chance of bands in another e.p.
  • Options
    MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    Not surprised.
  • Options
    UnrealnyUnrealny Posts: 194 Member
    Noooo ! I didn't care about vampires, but this... :/
  • Options
    kaanvardar99kaanvardar99 Posts: 134 Member
    Band Game Pack confirmed. sigh*
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Not bothered. Again. :)
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    What about pool tables and bowling alley? :|
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    beville wrote: »

Probably better to ask that on twitter as your question will get answered there. :neutral:
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    MistyDoveMistyDove Posts: 695 Member
    Bands will be in another expansion maybe, they may have singing with karaoke but I'm not sure it's a skill and it isn't a career. If they ever add a singing career or a skill then I could see bands being added.
  • Options
    I don't have a Twitter account,oh well, maybe someone will ask about it hopefully. ;)
  • Options
    JCsS1MSJCsS1MS Posts: 1,148 Member
    Remember the person who was leaking info said that they might not be able to get bands to function properly before they finish this expansion?

Maybe it's coming later with a Game Pack?
  • Options
    JCsS1MS wrote: »
    Remember the person who was leaking info said that they might not be able to get bands to function properly before they finish this expansion?

Maybe it's coming later with a Game Pack?

I didn't read the speculations etc but if that is the case it would stink really. I mean having to pay extra for something that was intended to be part for the expansion pack price. idk but that doesn't make me too happy even though I would really love to have bands.

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Aw MAN. :(

Well...maybe if there's a game pack it will be really good and include a variety of instruments. I really want to have a teen garage band, and a pack like that would be a great opportunity to enhance teen play.

Also, I think we are getting stages to perform on in City Living. Although, it's a bit weird to have a band without drummers, but putting in stages is a great start.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    It makes me wonder if the ability to form a band will be patched in, because we already have instruments in the base game. Any additional instruments with EPs can then just be utilised.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    We don't know for sure that bands were supposed to be a part of CL. It was a leaker that said that. You shouldn't believe a leak until it's proved right, until then it is just spec & rum.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    We don't know for sure that bands were supposed to be a part of CL. It was a leaker that said that. You shouldn't believe a leak until it's proved right, until then it is just spec & rum.

Very true which is why I said : I didn't read the speculations etc but if that is the case it would stink really.

• Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    *grumbles*

I'm not so bothered that bands aren't in this expansion.

What concerns me is that having the keyboard and singing in this expansion without bands, decreases the chance of bands in another e.p.

Hey, if we can have club activities for packs that came out after Get Together, I'm sure we can use keyboards after City Living.
    Probably not the singing, though, because that's karaoke, not singing original compositions.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

This is the same leaker who leaked City Living in the first place, so, uh, yeah, it was proven right.
    Politics? Check.
    Penthouses and apartments? Check.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    YnouvaYnouva Posts: 94 Member
    Personally, I'd expect bands to be featured in a fame/celebrity themed expansion (ala Superstar or Showtime). City Living doesn't really touch on that aspect in my opinion, so I wasn't really expecting bands in the first place.
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,063 Member
    MistyDove wrote: »
    Bands will be in another expansion maybe, they may have singing with karaoke but I'm not sure it's a skill and it isn't a career. If they ever add a singing career or a skill then I could see bands being added.

or as was leaked, as could not enter here, maybe GP04 will be about bands
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member

I would LOVE to have those back but I don't think they are being added to the game anytime soon which is a shame. :( Maybe a sports and recreation pack or University. They would have been perfect for GT.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I wonder if you start a music club, can you get them to play together?
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Jerrello wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake Can you confirm if pool tables are coming back?

There are no pool tables in City Living.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    I kinda figured it wouldn't be.Oh well, I just thought I would asked. :/
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited September 2016

Well atleast we got that keyboard the raccoon was playing.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited September 2016

You might want to ask in this thread. SimGuruDrake stickied it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/899693/ask-your-questions-to-the-gurus-on-city-living/p1