Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires in city life PLEASE

Comments

• Options
    auramarisauramaris Posts: 154 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Doesn't look like it. But we can party on top of skyscrapers now. I always said The Sims 4 didn't have enough partying.
    Iconic.

I would love love love for vampires to be included in this ep and it makes perfect sense to me since they came with late night before. It would spice up the game so much for me but well.
  • Options
    DemiliaDemilia Posts: 5 New Member
    There are no new life states featured in the new EP.

I think you will find there is a lot of stuff in this EP and I hope you give us a chance to share that information with you throughout the coming weeks :)

I just seriously want seasons, and pets back. Yes having supernaturals were awesome, but they were messed up by making sparkly vampires >.<
    But can someone explain why toddlers were taken out please?
  • Options
    becster95becster95 Posts: 3 New Member
    I think I'm the only one that is okay with not having toddlers. They took too much time away from anything else. The child from baby thing works out well. You can still read to the kid, so it's not a total loss. I need seasons. I feel like TS4 really was a step back from TS3... There was so much more going on in the world.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    becster95 wrote: »
    I think I'm the only one that is okay with not having toddlers. They took too much time away from anything else. The child from baby thing works out well. You can still read to the kid, so it's not a total loss. I need seasons. I feel like TS4 really was a step back from TS3... There was so much more going on in the world.

There are quite a few players who don't care for themselves but a good portion of them would like to see the family players get what they want. Me....I'm wanting grungy, gritty plus supernaturals tone down the happy la,la shininess of the game. To me these Sims are a little creepy in their happiness.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    OMGiLoveIceCreamOMGiLoveIceCream Posts: 603 Member
    Yup, vampires would be cool, cuz sims 4 is all about having "weirder stories" :)
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

There are quite a few players who don't care for themselves but a good portion of them would like to see the family players get what they want. Me....I'm wanting grungy, gritty plus supernaturals tone down the happy la,la shininess of the game. To me these Sims are a little creepy in their happiness.

It is quite disturbing in its own way, lol. I mean...who lives like that?

But we definitely need some balance, at the very least. Preferably before the addition of supernaturals. If I give a sim the gloomy trait, I don't want to see them walking down the street with a huge smile. It drives me nuts! So some kind of balance is necessary before adding in my supers. I think it would just make me walk away from the game altogether if I finally got my monsters and they all have permagrin.

#Team Occult
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

Are you excited for the graffiti coming in the next pack? That always adds to the rundown feel of abandoned buildings and the roll-up door will look good in alleyways.
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »

It is quite disturbing in its own way, lol. I mean...who lives like that?

But we definitely need some balance, at the very least. Preferably before the addition of supernaturals. If I give a sim the gloomy trait, I don't want to see them walking down the street with a huge smile. It drives me nuts! So some kind of balance is necessary before adding in my supers. I think it would just make me walk away from the game altogether if I finally got my monsters and they all have permagrin.

Exactly what's disturbing?
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Are you excited for the graffiti coming in the next pack? That always adds to the rundown feel of abandoned buildings and the roll-up door will look good in alleyways.

Graffiti would be nice but I'm not paying $40 for it.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    @PHOEBESMOM601 Sorry, I was on a work break and posted quickly, I didn't realize I wasn't very clear, lol.

I was referring to your statement that the Sims are creepy in their happiness. I agree, I find it disturbing. And annoying.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    @PHOEBESMOM601 Sorry, I was on a work break and posted quickly, I didn't realize I wasn't very clear, lol.

I was referring to your statement that the Sims are creepy in their happiness. I agree, I find it disturbing. And annoying.

No problem. Even if you thought my wanting gritter content was disturbing that's okay too.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Penelope wrote: »
    People really seriously want vampires. At this rate, it will be years before we get vampires and pets. :'(
    If we are only getting EPs once a year, we will not be getting toddlers or pre teens for another year.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    My worry with a supernatural pack is that theyll probably only include things like witches, vampires and werewolves. But then that leaves out genies, mermaids, plantsims, servos, etc.

Or maybe a mime. ;) Who knows what life state they think would be cool (never before seen) and never add our Sim tradition of the classic ones.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    How about Steven King's evil clown, Pennywise (It). He would make a great creature of the night. You could create a club of children (the Loser's Club) for him to frighten and scare.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited September 2016
    Must... have... genies! I need to make Uric again so I can continue my story from TS3! (Evil genies are the best genies!)
    CsaBVciUsAIIv8D.jpg:large
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    #TeamPlayableGnomes
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    #TeamPlayableGnomes

You know, that would probably be really hilarious. I'm all for that! lol
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Must... have... genies! I need to make Uric again so I can continue my story from TS3! (Evil genies are the best genies!)
    CsaBVciUsAIIv8D.jpg:large

Dang he is Foine, I wish...
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    #TeamPlayableGnomes

And Animations spells, to bring statues to life I need an Army of Knights, Build a castle And post Gold armor Knight Statues to guard my house.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    @Ceres_Meiriona Your Genie is Actually giving me ideas.

I was going to use Vampires as Demons, but Your Devilishly handsome Genie is making me think of an Alternative.
    Vampire Demon
    Genie Demon
    Dark Fairy/Fury

hmmm this could be fun...
    They should make it so Genies can be free'd from the lamp and retain their Cosmic power
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    That is awesome, I'm glad he's inspiring you! He's my favorite genie, and the only sim I had that could rock that crazy red skin tone they gave us in TS3. In my storyline, all the evil genies were called Djinns and had red skin, while the good ones were called Genies and blue, and the peeps who were middle of the road, hybrids, or just lost their status looked like normal sims with genie powers. Their particular justice system would bind the trouble makers to lamps for "community service" to lesser beings (aka non genie sims lol), for X amount of time depending on the crime. The Djinn were rebels and obviously had their own way of doing things (none of them nice) lol outside of that system.

Anyway, great ideas! Vampires as demons would create some neat stories, but so would the new ones! I'm sure once we get supernaturals you're going to be overwhelmed by all the different ideas that come to mind (I know I will be lol).
  • Options
    That is awesome, I'm glad he's inspiring you! He's my favorite genie, and the only sim I had that could rock that crazy red skin tone they gave us in TS3. In my storyline, all the evil genies were called Djinns and had red skin, while the good ones were called Genies and blue, and the peeps who were middle of the road, hybrids, or just lost their status looked like normal sims with genie powers. Their particular justice system would bind the trouble makers to lamps for "community service" to lesser beings (aka non genie sims lol), for X amount of time depending on the crime. The Djinn were rebels and obviously had their own way of doing things (none of them nice) lol outside of that system.

Anyway, great ideas! Vampires as demons would create some neat stories, but so would the new ones! I'm sure once we get supernaturals you're going to be overwhelmed by all the different ideas that come to mind (I know I will be lol).

Yeah I won't know where to with my story.

the Synopsis of my story is, A Powerful Demon (still to be named), was trapped in the Underworld eons ago. Since then he's been trying to Escape and exact revenge on his jailer. He learned of a way To break free, but this prophecy is going to take millions of years to transpire.

The Prophecy States, the Descendent of the Great Sorcerer, must face the Seven Deadly Knights. As The young Sorcerer Clashes with the 7th Knight on his 18th Birthday he will Open the portal and He will be freed.

Over the centuries, the Demon will meet a Young Woman, named Cora a Sorceress. Who will play a major roll in procuring 7 vessels who will carry the 7 marks. Gluttony, Sloth, Pride, Envy, Lust, Greed, and Wrath.

It's a Story I wrote a long time ago... But I put it on hold because I wanted to see if I could use the sims to see it.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    Please be vampires similar in sims2 and not the sparkle fest that we had in Sims3.
    Argh, no. They were even goofier in Sims 2.

They were awesome in sims 2. They were super rare to find and weren't intrusive. Also their style and behavior was hilarious. "Blah!"
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • Options
    BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    Eliharb wrote: »
    Gruffman wrote: »
    Please be vampires similar in sims2 and not the sparkle fest that we had in Sims3.
    Argh, no. They were even goofier in Sims 2.

They were awesome in sims 2. They were super rare to find and weren't intrusive. Also their style and behavior was hilarious. "Blah!"

Yeah, it was really cool that they were hard to find in Sims 2. Like ghosts in cemetary lot in Sims 3 (you have to spend 2 or 3 nights in the graveyard to meet a ghost). I like such approach to supernatural creatures: they are like easter eggs, they don't invade your town like life states from TS3: Supernatural or aliens from Get to Work. I mean if I like supernatural things it does not mean I would like to see them everywhere :smile:
    Though I like TS3 vampires more than in TS2 (they were too caricature I think). I thought vampires in TS4 would be like vampires from "Hotel Transylvania" film... But there won't be any vampires in the new EP *whining*
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    People really seriously want vampires. At this rate, it will be years before we get vampires and pets. :'(

Do they really?
    Every time I talk about them in the german forum or on facebook it is either cold silence or something along the lines of "Please no more of that Vampire supernatural nonsense" (Most people say "🐸🐸🐸🐸", wich translates to 🐸🐸🐸🐸 or crap, instead of "Blödsinn" meaning nonsense or, literally translated, "stupid sense")
  • Options
    fakefake Posts: 613 Member
    Bad Human Said No as Life State Simguru be stop Said No Life State pleasa pleasa @Simguru