Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Invite Household

I really miss the option of inviting a whole household just with a call.
Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
All my creations are CC free.

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Very much so.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member

Are you against mods? it's really easy to do this with a script.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I'm not "against" mods, I just don't want the hassle than mods bring me(believe met it's a hassle for me, and I'm very clumsy computer wise).
    I want official solutions, and not to have to rely on mods and I believe this is quite an easy request for the developers.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member

Me too!
  • Options
    YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member
  • Options
    simmey1simmey1 Posts: 580 Member
    Yes! I do miss that.
  • Options
    MistyDoveMistyDove Posts: 695 Member
    Same! I really liked getting to know one sim then later inviting the household over for dinner to get to know the whole family
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member

Are you against mods? it's really easy to do this with a script.

I'm not against mods but it's best for the game to fix it themselves. So hopefully we get this option back. I mean it's not unrealistic, you could easily call a friend up and ask 'Would you and your family like to come over for dinner' even if you don't know their entire family that well or at all. It's very frustrating to have to go over to their house and meet every member of the family and then go back to your own lot and invite them all individually.

• Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    I'm not "against" mods, I just don't want the hassle than mods bring me(believe met it's a hassle for me, and I'm very clumsy computer wise).
    I want official solutions, and not to have to rely on mods and I believe this is quite an easy request for the developers.
    @AlbaWaterhouse ,

The biggest hassle is updating of tuning since the devs update data with every patch, however, tuning is rarely an issue with scripts since the existing functions can be called and extended without overriding anything or editing the base packages. This means that, even after expansion, those 'mods' will never cause conflicts (and no damage to your data), and will only fail if the devs remove the functions which are required by the scripts. Mass invites can be accomplished by creating a custom invite situation and creating guests lists by household ID or 'picker results' (the output of the sim/household selector), and all of the required functions and data already exist.
    I'm not against mods but it's best for the game to fix it themselves. So hopefully we get this option back. I mean it's not unrealistic, you could easily call a friend up and ask 'Would you and your family like to come over for dinner' even if you don't know their entire family that well or at all. It's very frustrating to have to go over to their house and meet every member of the family and then go back to your own lot and invite them all individually.
    @dreamprisoner ,

I agree that this option should have been included with the base game however, if the functionality is required for your enjoyment of the game, it might be worthwhile to use scripts as temporary enhancements while waiting for updates and responses to feedback.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    This is such a neat idea! Then you could meet your sim's girlfriend/boyfriends family! Genius!
  • Options
    I was playing right now and starting thinking about this again. It is such a pain! Specially since toddlers don't seem to hang around lots unless you bring them. I wanted my active family to invite the neighbours for a bbq since they have a kid and a toddler that could play with the kid and toodler in my active household. The parents are already together in a club and hang out regularly, but I wanted a friendly families gathering.
    It would also be very useful to make family gatherings and invite siblings with their whole families so your sims would get to know all the nephews at once without having to visit them.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member

I hope this is brought back soon, I miss this option.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Yea. So instead of having to know everyone in the household individually all you had to do was know one person and you could invite over everyone.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I'm hoping for this too , the way around it is to form groups but that doesn't always work.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Yes, I'd love this feature back! Right now, if I want two rival households to get together for a dinner party where they realize that they'll never get along, I can't just have one sim from one side know one sim from the other and go from there. Nooo. I have to have at least one sim from one side know everyone from the other side to do anything of the sort. It's so clunky compared to TS2...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    Would be nice if my sim could have family at the wedding even if they never met all of them.
    "So sorry I couldn't invite your younger brother to our wedding dear , I just never met him."
    "Hey , at least I met your parents and was able to invite them."
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    HucklekreeHucklekree Posts: 129 Member
    100 % need/want/must have this!
  • Options
    Please, gurus!
    It's such a useful little thing.
  • Options
    JaysimsJaysims Posts: 209 Member
    I’m bumping this up because this would be great for family play!

Having relatives come over with their families or even family friends!

I support the “Invite Household” movement!
  • Options
    Yes, we shouldn't forget about it. It is really necessary.
  • Options
    yes please , with every new pack I'm hoping this is one of the missing things that will be added .
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    I also think this is something that should have been incorporated. The Sims four had so much potential. Don't get me wrong I do love the game, but there's so much that could have been fixed before they released it.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    It’s on my list
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I second all of this. It would also be nice, when planning events, to be able to click through to see the relationships of other household members. Since kids can't plan parties, that means I have to go the trouble of introducing all the kids friends to their parents in order to invite them to their birthday party. Instead, there could simply be a "view X's contacts" and select from there.
  • Options
    5000birds5000birds Posts: 10 New Member
    I just found a mod for this, it's new and gets updated so it should work. As people mentioned it's a script mod, meaning it doesn't "add" things to the game, it just changes the script for it. And that means it's less likely to get buggy.
    (Can't do links so I had to put a space in there)
    http: //littlemssam. de/small-invite-to-hang-out-overhaul/

It's not a complete "invite household", but it's definitely better. It makes it so that you can click on an NPC and get a menu of their family members, who you then can click to invite over.

That said I really agree that this isn't something you should need mods for! It's super annoying and not realistic at all that you have to get to know every member of a family individually, and obviously it's not that hard to fix since this mod does just that. I really hope this will get patched.