Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What new careers would you like to see added to Sims 4?

Hi all!

I am sure that you are all ready for some new jobs to be added to the Sims 4. What careers or freelance jobs would you like to see become reality?

For me, I'd love to see some sort of real estate career. Maybe start out as a property record clerk. Then maybe become landlord. Then advance up to real estate agent. And eventually make way up the ladder to Real Estate tycoon, where the Sims can own and invest in properties, similar to how they could in Sims 3.

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    MILITARY!!!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ShaddBoiShaddBoi Posts: 795 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    MILITARY!!!

That would be awesome to have that back...
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    ShaddBoi wrote: »
    MILITARY!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFg3Hwva8WA

This also XD
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Oh I remember that. Forgot all about that reward. That was sims 2 right?
  • Options
    Oh I remember that. Forgot all about that reward. That was sims 2 right?

Yes XD
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sims 2 had some awesome career rewards. I liked the lawyer one where you got money for giving speeches.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    An Undertaker! :pB)
  • Options
    sunman502 wrote: »

That would be perfect if we ever get the mausoleums back!
  • Options
    sunman502 wrote: »

That would be perfect if we ever get the mausoleums back!
    Yes it would! ;)<3

• Options
    rbubblesrbubbles Posts: 158 Member
    I've been wanting things like
    -Teacher
    -Veterinarian (although if that comes around it'd probably be when pets are introduced)
    -Filmmaker
    -Something like Animator or Comic Book Creator
    -Architect
    -Hair Stylist
    -Meteorologist
    -Pilot
  • Options
    rbubbles wrote: »
    I've been wanting things like
    -Teacher
    -Veterinarian (although if that comes around it'd probably be when pets are introduced)
    -Filmmaker
    -Something like Animator or Comic Book Creator
    -Architect
    -Hair Stylist
    -Meteorologist
    -Pilot

Wow all things I'd like to see myself! Particularly filmmaker and meteorologist (sims can start out as storm chasers). I really thought when sims 3 pets came out that we would've seen vet career.
  • Options
    Time_Aria11Time_Aria11 Posts: 80 Member
    Hair Stylist was so fun. I remember it would reset the age of anyone you were styling but it was still super fun. If that glitch were to be fixed I would totally make a salon and revamp everyone in town.
    QCO9Nyv.gif
    I love everyone, Let me love you dearest humans!
  • Options
    fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    I'd like to have the lawyers come back from sims 2. That is what I want to be and I wish my sim could too!!
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    MILITARY!!!

This also XD

YES!!!!!!!!

But I want it in pieces so i can customise it. So having the jumps, tunnel and wall separated. Also a mud pit that they can fall in and get all muddy. I'd use it to make an adventure playground, or for a team-building weekend at Granite Falls as well.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Part time jobs for adults, I miss those very much. Also more down to earth careers.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    There is no excuse for the small amount of careers we have at this point. They should have added a bunch of new careers by now. Different career paths create so many possibilities in turning your sim into a unique individual.
    I'd love to have teachers, interior decorators, veterinarians, mechanics, paramedics, dentists, lawyers, politicians, stylists, fashion models, private detectives, wedding planners, sales manager, ...

I would also like to see some part time jobs in which you can't have a promotion: cleaning lady, waitress, gardener, receptionist, cashier, taxi driver, librarian, hairdresser, bodyguard, ...
  • Options
    @LiesSim @AlbaWaterhouse I really do wish they would step up the career options. We've waited long enough.

I would love to get the part time jobs back. I do not like having all my sims having either full time careers or no careers. I miss the part time ones from 3 and some of the jobs that were in the "slacker" career of 2
  • Options
    MILITARY!!!

This also XD

YES!!!!!!!!

But I want it in pieces so i can customise it. So having the jumps, tunnel and wall separated. Also a mud pit that they can fall in and get all muddy. I'd use it to make an adventure playground, or for a team-building weekend at Granite Falls as well.

That would be cool...especially if Sims could own and operate the adventure park!
  • Options
    I'd like to have the lawyers come back from sims 2. That is what I want to be and I wish my sim could too!!

I am waiting for the lawyer career to return myself. Would be perfect for a downtown/city expansion. Always lots of lawyers in the city.

Hair Stylist was so fun. I remember it would reset the age of anyone you were styling but it was still super fun. If that glitch were to be fixed I would totally make a salon and revamp everyone in town.

Haha I loved when a hairstyle made mistakes in the sims 2. Some of the outcomes were hilarious.
  • Options
    Aesir26Aesir26 Posts: 304 Member
    I wish firefighters could make a return. That was my favourite career in Ambitions but I couldn't play it more than once because it became consistently bugged for me. The alarm would stop ringing before my sim could even get to the truck or the fire just wouldn't be there.

In terms of careers we haven't seen already, I'm not entirely sure since we've seen a wide variety over the years since Sims 1. I think I'd like to see an actor career but I'm not sure how they'd go about setting that up as an active career.
  • Options
    Aesir26 wrote: »
    I wish firefighters could make a return. That was my favourite career in Ambitions but I couldn't play it more than once because it became consistently bugged for me. The alarm would stop ringing before my sim could even get to the truck or the fire just wouldn't be there.

In terms of careers we haven't seen already, I'm not entirely sure since we've seen a wide variety over the years since Sims 1. I think I'd like to see an actor career but I'm not sure how they'd go about setting that up as an active career.

I liked the fireman career as well. Don't recall having that bell issue though. My sims were able to respond to many fires repeatedly.

An actor career would be really cool. If they could dress in costumes and actually act out on a set. That would be sweet.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    • Education
    • Paranormal
    • Law
    • Outdoors - like park rangers for example (I feel there's not many job options for outdoorsy Sims)
    • Travel/Tourism

I also think it would be wonderful if we could assign our own Sims to NPC jobs like Librarian, Maid, Postal Worker, Reflexologist, Park Ranger, Retail employee, etc. They could work like Retail jobs in TS2:OFB where your Sim disappears from 9 to 5, and when you play other Sims, you see your own Sim doing that job rather than a randomly spawned townie.
  • Options
    gamingstylistgamingstylist Posts: 115 Member
    Teacher (YA and older) , tutor (teens, could finish their homework as they work the tutor job), military, fisherman, freelance personal trainer or yoga instructor
  • Options
    Time_Aria11Time_Aria11 Posts: 80 Member
    I would also like a Therapist career path.
    QCO9Nyv.gif
    I love everyone, Let me love you dearest humans!
  • Options
    I would also like a Therapist career path.
    Half of the sims in my game need a shrink really bad for all the plum things that they do. :p