Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A strange thing happend one night

I have mad3 3 simbots in my current game and the latest one I decided to age up, thinking that I could turn her into an adult, but not knowing th simbot's lifetime, she died. Well, that sucked. I tried in vain to get the other Sims in the house to save her from Grimmie, but no one did, until holy crap, the cat saved her by talking to Grimmie! No way! Has anyone seen this before. A cat saving any Sim in whatever lifeform they are in?

When the simbot came back to life, she turned into an adult female Sim, now that is weird! What do you think? A simbot turing into Sim after being resurrected by a cat? 🐸🐸🐸🐸? Good times. ps. I thought she would come alive again as a simbot.

Comments

• Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    What did the cat say?
  • Options
    nkthgrtnkthgrt Posts: 638 Member
    edited August 2016
    OMG that is something I would have asked! Nice! She said nothing! Perhaps meh! She shows no interest in anything. It gets stranger..now the simbot show up as a female sim on the dashboard panel, and in edit Sim mode, but her happiness, resting, etc. shows up as a Simbot...weird, I am going to change her to a male and see what happens.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Simbots only have one life stage, and are actually elders when they are made. So you can't age them up, because the next stage is death.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Simbots are always elders, so aging up will result death. But good that there was a cat to harass at Grim Reaper. Grim loves pets, so pets save sim's life.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I had created a teen and a grandmother in cas (Well, I used a mod to make them grandmother and granddaughter). The grandmother was an elder and I worried the entire time I played that she would pass on before her teen granddaughter became a young adult.

I did have my agespan to 138 days, but the elder agespan was only 14 days, I believe (it's been a couple years since I played this game).

Well, the granddaughter aged up to Young Adult and the grandmother was still going. Now, remember, I created her, as an elder, in CAS. She never worked out or jogged at all. She had no athletic skill.

Eventually, the granddaughter met and fell in love with her spouse and had a daughter herself. Who aged into a child.

Granny was still going strong.

By this point, I was contemplating doing Granny in myself. I loved her, but was she ever going to die?

They got two pitbulls as pets (my childhood pets that I made for them).

Granny was 201 days old when ol' Grimmy came for her. I was so relieved. I hadn't had to take matters into my own hands. And I was curious how long she'd make it (nearly 70 days past her "due date") and I had found out! Whew!

And I'll be darned if Crazy (one of the dogs) didn't beg for and successfully save ol' Granny!

I was not going for that business. I paid my due. I let her live out her natural (or unnatural, as long as she lived) life. The dog robbed her of going peacefully.

The next day, I sent the two dogs, granddaughter, grandson-in-law, and great granddaughter to the park and gave ol' Granny an age of instant potion.

I am curious how much longer she would have lasted, but I wasn't willing to find out. She was a survivor, she might well have made it another 70!
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    @ChelleJo LOL! That reminds me of one of my own long ago games. My sim was a professional athlete, and worked out every day, cardio one day, strength the next. She made all the skill challenges too. Her husband was in the business career, a few days older than her, and never worked out even once. They were adults (rather than young adults) when they married and started having children, so they still had teens at home when they had their elder birthdays. They were still around when the youngest left the nest, though, having not yet reached the end of their life expectancy. At that time, they lived next door to their oldest daughter and her husband. Their second grandchild was born the very day my athlete reached the last day of her life expectancy. Of course her husband had reached it a few days before. I figured they were going to be around for a while yet, especially her.

They went next door to see their new grandson and spend a little time spoiling him, then Grandma went back home. Grandpa stayed to work in the garden he shared with his daughter, who took after him in her love of the outdoors. Grandma went to the kitchen to fix Grandpa's favorite meal. Just as she finished, who should pay her a visit but the Grim Reaper! He took my pro athlete on the very day she reached that end of life expectancy. Grandpa, on the other hand, moved in with his daughter and son in law and was still around when the third and youngest grandchild aged up to a child. I had to put the family on hold, because it was too much for me to deal with so many active sims in one household, especially with all of the adults self-employed, one of them in a very hands-on profession. So I don't know how long he actually would have lived, but I may return to them one of these days and find out.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Yes - cats seem to be especially good at talking Grimmie out of taking Sims. Perhaps they trade one of their nine lives? Who knows? :D
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    @ChelleJo LOL! That reminds me of one of my own long ago games. My sim was a professional athlete, and worked out every day, cardio one day, strength the next. She made all the skill challenges too. Her husband was in the business career, a few days older than her, and never worked out even once. They were adults (rather than young adults) when they married and started having children, so they still had teens at home when they had their elder birthdays. They were still around when the youngest left the nest, though, having not yet reached the end of their life expectancy. At that time, they lived next door to their oldest daughter and her husband. Their second grandchild was born the very day my athlete reached the last day of her life expectancy. Of course her husband had reached it a few days before. I figured they were going to be around for a while yet, especially her.

They went next door to see their new grandson and spend a little time spoiling him, then Grandma went back home. Grandpa stayed to work in the garden he shared with his daughter, who took after him in her love of the outdoors. Grandma went to the kitchen to fix Grandpa's favorite meal. Just as she finished, who should pay her a visit but the Grim Reaper! He took my pro athlete on the very day she reached that end of life expectancy. Grandpa, on the other hand, moved in with his daughter and son in law and was still around when the third and youngest grandchild aged up to a child. I had to put the family on hold, because it was too much for me to deal with so many active sims in one household, especially with all of the adults self-employed, one of them in a very hands-on profession. So I don't know how long he actually would have lived, but I may return to them one of these days and find out.

@IreneSwift Oh my Goodness! You're athlete going on the very day! I, too, wonder how long Grandpa might last. Sometimes these sims will really surprise us. If you do decide to play them again and find out how long he last, I'd be curious to know. :)
    p8L4V6v.png