Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The game needs some fixes.

I like the game there are some things from the base game that were still not fixed.
They also should try to balance the emotion system because its not normal not having fear and changing emotions like being pregnant.
And the permanent smile is goving me the creeps
First of all the dishes... after all those years the sims in sims 4 are still not able to think to clean the dishes by themselfes and let them often stay on the table.

Than even without cc and mods the interaction freeze bug still exists.
I have lost so much time through this bug .

Than the worst are the traits. The traits dont alter the sim personality. They rather unlock special interaction and extra emotion boosts .
Like a sim that hates children can get children or isnt rude to them.

One thing i dont understand is why they add culling or townie generation.
Culling and relationship culling cause so much trouble . I mean i had like 109 townies in a save and my game didnt slowed down.

It would be better if we could put our owns sims as townies instead of generated evil spawns from the abyss that have mismatched clothes and bad traits.

What i miss really much is the randomness from sims 2 and 3. That your sim dies from something randomly like a meteor or flys.
In sims 4 your sims never die. There is never fire ,NEVER.

This is mah rant, i would like to write more things but i am lazy and sry for my english.
And another sorry for being rude in the past.

Comments

• Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    I don't think that the developers will see your suggestions as possible fixes - but much more like suggestions for the next Sims game.

Culling is there to give an impression of a living city which changes all the time and to avoid problems about all the sims becoming elders after some time.

Relationship culling is a little different. But it is meant to compensate for the extreme speed when relationships now are built. The whole idea in TS4 is that everything should happen much faster like so many teens in the real world like it when they go to parties or fall in love just to soon forget the person again. Or when they switch their idols so very often.

Don't misunderstand me because I don't like this either. I just think that I understand EA's idea anyway.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    I don't think that the developers will see your suggestions as possible fixes - but much more like suggestions for the next Sims game.

Culling is there to give an impression of a living city which changes all the time and to avoid problems about all the sims becoming elders after some time.

Relationship culling is a little different. But it is meant to compensate for the extreme speed when relationships now are built. The whole idea in TS4 is that everything should happen much faster like so many teens in the real world like it when they go to parties or fall in love just to soon forget the person again. Or when they switch their idols so very often.

Don't misunderstand me because I don't like this either. I just think that I understand EA's idea anyway.

Where did you get that idea? That is not at all what was said on this forum or on Twitter but added for performance sake. Has nothing to do with folks wanting a balance in the game with how fast to build a relationship then forget it. Sometimes, I have no idea where you dig up such untrue info.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Erpe wrote: »

Where did you get that idea? That is not at all what was said on this forum or on Twitter but added for performance sake. Has nothing to do with folks wanting a balance in the game with how fast to build a relationship then forget it. Sometimes, I have no idea where you dig up such untrue info.
    Folks didn't make this game. EA did.

Culling is necessary for two reasons and not because some folks wanted it:
    1. To keep the population young.
    2. To stop the population from growing so big that the game can't handle its size.

Relationship culling also improves the performance - but only very little. But the idea in TS4 is still to build relationships very fast and then forget them again after some time. This also fits very well into the population culling because it solves the problem about the sims remembering a lot of relationships with sims who don't exist in the game anymore anyway. But the positive way for a developer to explain it without upsetting anybody unnecessarily of course is to just speak about performance improvements - I agree in that :)

The new TS4 emotions are btw about the same type of high speed life (mostly preferred by teens) because those emotions also change so fast. So the developers were quite consequent when they designed the game.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Hrm.

Dishes are a simple fix. You have to train the sim. After the sim gets done eating, click the plate and clean up. Sims will then start to automatically clean up their dishes when they are done eating. If you don't teach them to do it, they will get up and leave the plate. Try it, I'm serious.

The interaction freeze bug ... is that where you give them a command and then they stand there doing nothing. I hate that. It should really be addressed. If I tell you to go do 'X', then go do 'X'. Don't just stand there, get moving. I don't know why the delay is there.

The hates children thing ... as I was told in another thread. The sim who hates children won't be mean, rude, indifferent to their own children ( and hence will auto ingage, hug, make great parents to their own children ) because it would be too much like 'possible child abuse' and those who have lived through it might face trauma due to their own rl bad upbringing.

The traits vs emotion thing I think would be fine if it was reversed. As it is now, emotions over-ride traits. Traits should over-ride emotions. If I have a gloomy sim, then my sim should just be gloomy ... and no matter how decorated, energized, happy or whatever ... his gloomy trait should over-ride everything else going on. I think if they would make the traits stronger ( almost like death where it is sadness +5 ) it would help things out.

Culling. I don't mind some culling ... my sim goes down to the cafe. Game spawns a cashier. Cull that sim on the next cycle. If there is any sim my sim is friends/family with that sim does not get culled. I like the way MC_Command center does it. You can control how many sims are randomly generated. It is an option ... why can't we just get actual options for things. Culling would not be as extreme as it is if the game would just stop making so many sims and then deciding it needs to delete out that same number of sims.

I do wish we had an option to click on which traits we want to see in game. I hate the klepto trait ( about as passionately as some hate the bro trait ). I don't use it. Don't want to use it. Don't want to have things 'taken' by some random NPC. I wish we could pick "don't use trait".

Randomness I don't necessarily need. When I had my sims die from a meteor, I just went back to my last save and continued on. I would much rather have chaos than random death.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    The game needs "some fixes" like California needs " a little more rain." ;)
  • Options
    @Gruffman I don't play TS4 anymore. But what you describe as the freeze thing have I experienced in other games and it is usually caused by problems related to path finding. Path finding is one of the most complicated things in the game engine and I haven't yet seen a game where it works complete perfectly. Especially all games have problems with moving objects which temporarily blocks the path. The games attempt to solve this in different ways - but all the methods have problems. Sometimes the games only freeze shortly while considering the best path. But sometimes games instead freeze infinitely and I know games which just have to be restarted when this happens.