Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Calling all computer experts.. (Link added)

LarLynJLarLynJ Posts: 353 Member
edited August 2016 in PC - Technical Discussions
I'm looking to buy a new PC and need some assistance. How good would this be to run TS4?

Forgot to add link: https://jet.com/product/Acer-Aspire-Predator-Black-G6-710-Desktop-PC-with-Intel-i7-6700K-Quad-Core-proce/0ae65e04acf4438b99694ece5883a62d

Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    That one should run the game well at max settings. It's a good rig to buy, and yes it is good enough to qualify as a gaming rig so, yeah if this is your first serious gaming rig, that's a good one to start with.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    Thank you @DarkAmaranth1966 it will be my first gaming rig. Right now all I have is a HP all-in-one computer.
  • Options
    Do you have any experience with this brand?
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    The Acer Predator is quite overkill for the Sims - you would be better off building one yourself or going through a custom retailer, such as CyberPowerPC.

If you are in the US, @chesterbigbird can configure you a desktop via CyberPowerPC. :)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    LarLynJ wrote: »
    I'm looking to buy a new PC and need some assistance. How good would this be to run TS4?

Forgot to add link: https://jet.com/product/Acer-Aspire-Predator-Black-G6-710-Desktop-PC-with-Intel-i7-6700K-Quad-Core-proce/0ae65e04acf4438b99694ece5883a62d

Any help is appreciated!

I would avoid that, It will play the game max settings, However it is expensive and not worth the price when you can get better in a custom. Also the graphics card is not the newest either.
    This is a custom i configured.. much better and cheaper.
    http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1J5313
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I agree with others that the price for the computer is overkill and looking at what Chester made up is very nice and if you still want 16 GB, you can still add that on with the money you saved. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Thank you for the help @Colton147147 @chesterbigbird @Goldmoldar

I took a look at the link for the one you built and tried to upgrade the RAM to 16GB but there's just to many to choose from and I have no idea what it all means.
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    Acer, lenovo, HP, whatever, it's what's inside that counts. Same exact hardware inside, it's the same rig, no matter what the name on the case says. Now where the name on the case does matter is when it comes to customer service and support, some companies are better at that than others.

As foir going to 16 GB RAM on the build, this one would do fine "16GB (4GBx4) DDR4/2800MHz Dual Channel Memory (ADATA XPG Z1) [+69] [Back To School Mega Sales - Free ADATA XPG Z1 2800 DDR4 upgrade from 2400Mhz Major Brand]"

memory is one of those things where there is very little difference between the major brands and, CyberPower is not going to use chap junk that is subject to early failure so, that one will be fine.

2400 vs 2800 is a measurement of speed, faster ram means the computer can sent to and retrieve form RAM faster, no bottleneck due to slow memory compared to processor speed that way.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited August 2016
    I would actually get the 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/2800MHz Dual Channel Memory [Back To School Mega Sales - Free ADATA XPG Z1 2800 DDR4 upgrade from 2400Mhz Major Brand]
    ADATA XPG Z1 (All Venom OC Levels Certified) [+0][Free upgrade from 2400Mhz Major Brand] to clear up some ram slots. Don't max them out if you don't have to.. All though it's doubtful you will need more than 16GB. Normally 8GB is fine for most people. It's only when you're going to run a lot things in the background that you can benefit from more ram.

Custom links don't last long due to sales and parts changing often.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Edited the link for you to add the extra ram
    http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1J54FY
    I would get with the 2x8GB. you may have restrictions on using all 4 ram slots because of the cooler (most people do with large coolers.) And even if you didn't i would still suggest the 2x8GB anyway lol.
    If the offer does expires then you do not need a super high MHZ ram, to be honest there is very little difference between them unless you plan on doing some heavy overclocking. I myself have 2400MHZ.
    If the link expires before you buy just PM me and i will make another for you.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I would get with the 2x8GB. you may have restrictions on using all 4 ram slots because of the cooler (most people do with large coolers.) And even if you didn't i would still suggest the 2x8GB anyway lol.
    If the offer does expires then you do not need a super high MHZ ram, to be honest there is very little difference between them unless you plan on doing some heavy overclocking. I myself have 2400MHZ.

I have the Hyper 212 EVO and I had to get low profile RAM to be able to use all 4 slots on my motherboard. That is definitely something you want to keep in mind when you have a cooler and buying RAM.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    ChelleJo wrote: »

I have the Hyper 212 EVO and I had to get low profile RAM to be able to use all 4 slots on my motherboard. That is definitely something you want to keep in mind when you have a cooler and buying RAM.
    Will not be an issue with the cooler selected on the custom link, and only will be an issue with all 4 slots, However if you were talking about a super large noctua NH D15 then yes would need to watch for low profile.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    Thanks again @chesterbigbird @ChelleJo @Simasaurus09 @DarkAmaranth1966 :)

I'll probably be PM'n you @chesterbigbird. I don't get paid till Friday
  • Options
    LarLynJ wrote: »
    Thanks again @chesterbigbird @ChelleJo @Simasaurus09 @DarkAmaranth1966 :)

I'll probably be PM'n you @chesterbigbird. I don't get paid till Friday

No problem :)
    I if dont respond right away it's because i am on a different time zone ;) (Sydney, Australia.)
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide