Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pets...

Does anyone else worry that we may not get a Pet's EP? I wonder because it's been two year almost and we don't even have toddlers. Supposedly it takes three years to make Pet's EP and I read somewhere that they haven't even started to work on it.

I can live without my furball friends, it's just odd though if they don't become part of Sims 4 because it's a highly requested EP.

Comments

• Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I'm kinda worried. Since they already are having trouble creating toddlers, so how can they manage pets? I mean, if Sims 4 never gets pets because it's "too complicated" i'm litterly giving up. My homes feel emty without dogs. :(
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    I'm kinda worried. Since they already are having trouble creating toddlers, so how can they manage pets? I mean, if Sims 4 never gets pets because it's "too complicated" i'm litterly giving up. My homes feel emty without dogs. :(

Yeah, I need a pet to chew up my furniture and pee on my floor, causes drama, I like it LOL.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I'm trying not to lose hope, but I'm still really not sure what direction TS4 is going in.
    But I suppose we'll see. :p
  • Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    Yeah I miss them.. I was talking to my husband the other day, saying that I was going to make our family in the sims, then he asks.. "How about our cat? you cant make our family without Noa.." awww lolol and that's it.. i gave up the idea and here i am.. waiting for pets...
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I'm not too worried about pets. In my opinion there is a lot of stuff TS4 will never get. I can't name anything off as a fact, but the incredibly slow pace at which big packs are released does not bode well for the future of the game. Stuff Packs might be a constant flow of money, but there is no way they are covering the cost of development on the bigger packs, smaller packs, and free content.

• Options
    SamtapletSamtaplet Posts: 151 Member
    Personally I think EA is hoping a modder will make all of this stuff. Plus if EA doesnt release pets somebody will make a mod soon enough i'm still waiting though.
    Origin Id: ActuallySammy
  • Options
    claudiamarie1964claudiamarie1964 Posts: 25 Member
    Judging by how frequently people post about the absence of pets and other features of previous Sims iterations, I'd say, yes, clearly plenty of people worry we won't get them.

It is possible for the developers to create pets, toddlers and other things, despite what they say. As a programmer, I know this. The question is whether they want to expend the effort. Makes me wonder if a new game is in the works and if they're saving other life stages, pets, weather, etc. for a platform that will more easily allow them to add back in the features players posting to this forum seem to want. I know EA always seems to want new, younger players. (I'm not entirely clear on WHY they want them, when they've got a solid base of veteran players willing and able to pay for what they want, but that's another issue.) This game's engine was originally built for online, mostly single-Sim playing, right? So, yeah, thinking positive - maybe they see they need to start from scratch in order to *easily* add the stuff we're clamoring for.

Thing is I like how this game looks, compared to Sims 3. Let's hope a new game, with an open world is in the works soon, if they don't plan to add the features players are asking for.
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    Since babies have to be tied to cribs, and with all the apparently necessary culling, I don't see how they can really do pets in this game. Maybe a weird baby-pet thing that's tied to a doghouse or something. Full-fledged pets like we saw in TS3 are not do-able merely from a mod AFAIK.
  • Options
    shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    Since babies have to be tied to cribs, and with all the apparently necessary culling, I don't see how they can really do pets in this game. Maybe a weird baby-pet thing that's tied to a doghouse or something. Full-fledged pets like we saw in TS3 are not do-able merely from a mod AFAIK.

Sadly, I could see if they added Pets for them to just be objects tied to something.
  • Options
    claudiamarie1964claudiamarie1964 Posts: 25 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »

I'm not sure why babies are tied to cribs, and I don't want to accuse them of taking the lazy route. But there is absolutely no reason they can't create pets. The pets themselves require a new set of "bones," which is doable, and new animations for interacting with the pets is needed. But it can be done. Definitely.
  • Options
    PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    In the meantime, I found that Jennisims makes really cute pet DECOR. From cats to dinosaurs, it's great. You should check it out maybe.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member

This is actually a question, how are they having trouble with toddlers, did they say anything?
  • Options
    Briana2425 wrote: »

This is actually a question, how are they having trouble with toddlers, did they say anything?

Awhile back before Sims 4 got released it was to be expected all lifestages would be in the game. Yet they couldn't fullfil that since they had problems with multi-tasking and toddlers. Meaning the sims could do a lot of things, yet not all of it. Babies are tied to cribs for a reason. They don't require multi-tasking from a sim, while toddlers do which needs more animations. Which means, that since we haven't even heard anything about toddlers i'm worried we won't be hearing about pets for a long time aswell.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    The pets expansion pack have always been fourth or fifth expansion pack.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't think any of our favorites will be left out. I don't know when they will come, but I am confident they will come.
  • Options
    timefeelertimefeeler Posts: 15 Member
    I'm dying for pets in The Sims 4! It's weird that they haven't released, or even announced an expansion yet, but it makes me feel like big things must be coming... I also find it weird that the next expansion seems (according to the leak) to be City Life. I mean, it sounds cool but surely Pets, Seasons, and Generations should be next as they're clearly the most demanded.

When deciding on an expansion, the most important thing for Maxis at the end of the day are sales. A Pets expansion will undoubtedly be a massive seller and it makes absolutely no sense that one won't come out. I'm pretty sure that Pets will come eventually, but they know that they have to do this one right and I'd rather them take their time to do it properly. As for toddlers, I personally think they'll be a free update and I also feel like they will come into the game eventually.
  • Options
    CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    Maybe TS4 will have a longer lifespan than the previous ones. If it lasts til 2025 that gives them a lot more time. Honestly I really love the style and graphics of TS4 and it'd be hard to go back to TS3 style. Unless there are some big developmental issues with adding content to the game that's making it take so long, I'd prefer they stick to TS4 for awhile, or at least until we get what we're looking for.
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    The pets expansion pack have always been fourth or fifth expansion pack.

And to put in another way...

In Sims, Unleashed was released 2 years and seven months after base game release, it was the fifth EP
    In Sims 2, Pets was released 2 years and one month after base game release, it was the fourth EP
    In Sims 3, Pets was released 2 years and four months after base game release, it was the fifth EP

We're two years into TS4 now, the life span of the previous Sims games were 3 yrs & 8 mos, 4 yrs & 1 mo, and 4 yrs and 4 mos.
    Yes, Rachel Franklin said they were going to keep releasing stuff for 4 until it didn't make sense any longer - to which some might argue that time is very near or passed. But given the average life span of a sims game is roughly four years, that could put 4 in the middle of its life. Provided it does tend to follow the last three. The game has two EP's, at this rate if Pets is going to be the 'fourth or fifth' EP released, that could put it right about at the end of its life. Unless they drag this version through 8 or 9 years or seriously step up their EP game, there is a lot I don't see happening as simmers hope and or expect.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    People seem to ignore GPs. We've gotten 3 GPs and IMO, 2 GPs are equal to one EP so we are ahead by half an EP and there is an EP just around the corner (get it, city life, city blocks, corners).
  • Options
    Aesir26Aesir26 Posts: 304 Member
    edited September 2016
    I'm pretty confident that we'll get pets, but it may take longer in than in the past because EPs were released at a much faster rate, and we're currently sitting at an average rate of about one per year. It makes sense since I believe there was mention that there was only one team working on EPs with each EP taking about a year to create.

It may possibly mean that TS4's life cycle will be longer than past iterations of the Sims. As for Pets, we may not see them for quite some time because they have never arrived until about mid-cycle. However, that could change since it's been stressed that we shouldn't expect patterns with TS4, but I think it would be foolish not to include pets at some point. Even in TS1 before we had aging, additional life stages (like toddlers), and seasons we still had pets in the Unleashed EP.

Edited because my grammar is terrible.
  • Options
    danplayer01danplayer01 Posts: 25 New Member
    I think an pet expansion pack will be here in the next year, maybe EP4? I really hope so.
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I'm not worried, Im certain that we will get a Pets EP, but I doubt it will be any time soon, a couple years down the road maybe.
  • Options
    I mean. I'd like to believe we get Pets because I can't go on without dogs.. yet they already have trouble putting toddlers back into this one meaning my hopes aren't that high. I miss my puppies though, a home isn't a home without a four feeter walking trough your home.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 546 Member
    @DaniqaSimmer just wanted to say I LOVE your profile pic. I am Pug obsessed. Hopefully I'll be able to make some Pugs in Sims 4 one day. I can't imagine them not making Pets.

• Options
    Ps2princess2004Ps2princess2004 Posts: 50 Member
    The day when Pets gets released on here, ill be doing the conga down the street LOL! I totally cannot wait!! :smiley: Besides toddlers and stuff, its the main thing I want as a expansion pack/game pack/etc..

Oh and who knows, they may have a "feed" intereaction with the fish tank and fish bowl...Gotta keep the faith right? haha
    Can't play Sims till i get my new Graphics card :(