Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bring back scheduling!

mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
edited August 2016 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I miss being able to set event times time like we could in TS3. It bothers me that I'm immediately teleported to the party destination and it starts right away after your sim gets off the phone. Same thing with dates. I want to say yes to the date, but end up rejecting them often because my sim was currently in the middle of something else. I really hope we get a patch that allows us to set a date (Mon, Tues, Wed, and so on) and time.

Comments

• Options
    simmey1simmey1 Posts: 580 Member
    I know a lot of times I want to say yes to an invite, but I don't want to go right now. Maybe a little later after a work out and a shower. :)
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Scheduling parties was a nice touch in ts3. I haven't partied much in ts4 even though it's heavily, heavily slanted for that. The phalanx of loading screens and disappearing sims that my sims are acquainted with just makes me loose my appetite to "get together."
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Not only that, but when I get an invitation in Sims 3 and click yes, all that means is that I will get a notification when the party actually starts. And even then I can ignore that, finish what I was doing and then send them there when I'm ready. As long as that's before the party's over we're fine. I don't understand why this was simplified to the way it is now in 4. What's more, even when I say no to the party and change my mind, I can still go there.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I would like this to return, as well as parties/dates/get-togethers that my Sim is invited to via text/phone to happen at a later time too. Sometimes I get those calls right as my Sim is working.
  • Options
    Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member
    Yes, everything happens immediately really is annoying! Maybe cellphone can be utilize for putting scheduled events inside.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I agree! Instant teleporting to an event is something I do not enjoy at all. Scheduling is a must!
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    it won't happen
    not only sims don't remember a thing but the game itself also
    the game has no space programmed to pile up schedules
    there is only the option to take it immediately or bite the dust
    now or never - that's the new TheSims Go :sunglasses:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    it won't happen
    not only sims don't remember a thing but the game itself also
    the game has no space programmed to pile up schedules
    there is only the option to take it immediately or bite the dust
    now or never - that's the new TheSims Go :sunglasses:

@Rukola_Schaaf is that a guess or for sure?

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

the space is used to animate the fake cars & spawned NPCs
    & it is as sure as the next update won't be breaking new mods :sunglasses:

• Options

the space is used to animate the fake cars & spawned NPCs
    & it is as sure as the next update won't be breaking new mods :sunglasses:

Oh... rats. :'( I guess it's all or nothing then.

• Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Mm, well I kind of like the idea of when you're planning a party, you just get ready then plan it and guests show. It's part of the fluidity of the game that I enjoy.

But yes, having the ability to respond to texts or party invites immediately is a hassle. I wish they could keep the texts they receive in their phone to read at a later time.

But if you miss a text, and ultimately a party, then I can see how some may be upset over that.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    this might be a hint for Pets combined with the City EP :sunglasses:

• Options
    this might be a hint for Pets combined with the City EP :sunglasses:

lmao That made me rl laugh!

• Options
    tselphtselph Posts: 36 Member
    Along these same lines....I would like the option to NOT get invites to anything at all. I'm perfectly content having a family of Sims in one household interacting with no one else at all. But because of the game's mechanics I get invited to things all the time by Sims that I didn't even really talk to.
  • Options
    SimsweetieSimsweetie Posts: 562 Member
    Agreed. I want to plan my wedding for Saturday at 5 not Tuesday at 1:22 RIGHT NAO! Also a 'do not disturb' function on phones so that I can not get 18 party invites today k thanks,
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    tselph wrote: »
    Along these same lines....I would like the option to NOT get invites to anything at all. I'm perfectly content having a family of Sims in one household interacting with no one else at all. But because of the game's mechanics I get invited to things all the time by Sims that I didn't even really talk to.

Agreed, there should definitely be an option to "silence" the phone
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I gotta agree with this. I mostly turn down every invitation cause they always call when my sim is eating/hungry or doing something else need related.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    mika wrote: »
    I miss being able to set event times time like we could in TS3. It bothers me that I'm immediately teleported to the party destination and it starts right away after your sim gets off the phone. Same thing with dates. I want to say yes to the date, but end up rejecting them often because my sim was currently in the middle of something else. I really hope we get a patch that allows us to set a date (Mon, Tues, Wed, and so on) and time.
    This right here! those calls come in at the most worst time even when they are at work.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    It is really odd that whenever you planned an event, it starts IMMEDIATELY. Just imagine yourself getting ready for the party, THEN start inviting people, and they all instantly come over. In real life. Kind of weird, but hey, smarter Sims, weirder stories!
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Yeah.. I would love that. As a lot of people already said I find myself mostly turning down party invitations just because I need to take care of sims needs=/
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    bless this post
  • Options
    CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    This has got to be one of the most annoying features of TS4. Your bursting for a pee and stood at the toilet with a smile about to grace your face when the phone rings. "Hello, I can't get you out of my head. Fancy a bite to eat at the starving vampire?" "Oh hi Minty. Can you give me a couple of minutes." Otherwise I will wet myself when we arrive at the restaurant and that's not a promising start to a romantic encounter. "No! Get Lost! Its now or never, so tough!"
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited November 2016
    mika wrote: »

Everytime I encounter this in game I tell myself to make a note of it and mention it in the forums, and I always forget.
    The absence of this feature is something I just don't get.
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    Agreed! When they showed that festivals have a time and schedule, I honestly thought we'd get a patch that would allow us to schedule all events.