Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Plum Tree Family Tree Tool: Developers Wanted

Comments

• Options
    lonestarranger01lonestarranger01 Posts: 60 Member
    @ThePlumbob

First of all thank you so much for this app! I use it all the time and can't imagine playing the sims without it now :smile: just out of curiosity though, when the new version gets released will we still be able access our current tree/will this affect them in anyway?
    “It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.” –The Goblet of Fire
  • Options
    jessicalorelaijessicalorelai Posts: 11 New Member
    Hi! I am still fairly new to the Sims and I discovered this app and I love it! But somehow I managed to leave off twins of my legacy Sim and I'm hoping there's a way to add them and have them be in the proper order? I can't seem to figure out how to rearrange the order of the children to do this, and as the children have children (and some have grandchildren) it's a lot of work to remove them all to add in the twins in their rightful places. Thanks!
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    You'd have to make a new tree and link it to do that I believe, @SeaDragonSong.

Trees can be linked? I didn't notice anything about that, but then I forgot to update my trees for a few months. Wonder if that or the gallery being down is why I suddenly can't get in. I'm not even sure the recover password page worked.
    image.png
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Yes, you link trees from the person who appears in both. Not entirely up on how it works, as I haven't done it yet. But I do enjoy pressing buttons. ;) Not sure why you can't log in, I can just fine.
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    Suppose I'll just have to make a new account and start the newest tree over then, though it would have been nice to be able to continue my larger ones and link them..
    image.png
  • Options
    CatersCaters Posts: 102 Member
    Is there a way that I can have 2 or more different lineages converging in the same family tree?
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    Caters wrote: »
    Is there a way that I can have 2 or more different lineages converging in the same family tree?

You can link trees.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options

You can link trees.

How do I do that?
  • Options
    zefronzefron Posts: 157 Member
    edited February 2019

You can link trees.

How do I do that?

here is a guide on how to link two trees together.
    // WEREWOLF BOYBANDS //

not so berry family tree
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    I tried to link them and I can't see the sim I was linking to in the tree I was linking to. I still have 2 separate trees. I tried publishing both of my trees but that didn't help either.

I am wanting to link my Beethoven tree which only has 1 member, Ludwig Schneider to my Composer Family Tree which has Leopold Hoffman and Wolfgang Hoffman. Maybe in the future I will want to link other trees as well. But I followed the guide and Ludwig is not showing up in Composer Family Tree. Leopold and Wolfgang aren't showing in the Beethoven tree either. They are still separate.

This is my Composer Family Tree, and as you can see, Ludwig is not showing up:

https://theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#5c61a0ba9e12eb000f9b24e0

This is my Beethoven tree and as you can see Leopold and Wolfgang aren't showing up:

https://theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#5c61aa9a9e12eb000f9b254b

Why are they not linking together if I followed the guide on how to link 2 trees, even publishing both of my existing trees?
    Post edited by Caters on
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    I tried to link them and I can't see the sim I was linking to in the tree I was linking to. I still have 2 separate trees. I tried publishing both of my trees but that didn't help either.

I am wanting to link my Beethoven tree which only has 1 member, Ludwig Schneider to my Composer Family Tree which has Leopold Hoffman and Wolfgang Hoffman. Maybe in the future I will want to link other trees as well. But I followed the guide and Ludwig is not showing up in Composer Family Tree. Leopold and Wolfgang aren't showing in the Beethoven tree either. They are still separate.

This is my Composer Family Tree, and as you can see, Ludwig is not showing up:

https://theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#5c61a0ba9e12eb000f9b24e0

This is my Beethoven tree and as you can see Leopold and Wolfgang aren't showing up:

https://theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#5c61aa9a9e12eb000f9b254b

Why are they not linking together if I followed the guide on how to link 2 trees, even publishing both of my existing trees?

Did you add the tree ID and a personal ID when you tried to link them? That's pretty much all you have to do.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    Yes, I added those in the actions on Ludwig Schneider, the person I was trying to link from my Beethoven tree to the Composer Family Tree. I tried both the tree and personal ID from the Beethoven tree, I tried both the tree and personal ID from the Composer Family Tree, and I even tried the tree ID from the Composer Family Tree and the personal ID from the Beethoven tree. None of those worked and I don't know why.
  • Options
    Yes, I added those in the actions on Ludwig Schneider, the person I was trying to link from my Beethoven tree to the Composer Family Tree. I tried both the tree and personal ID from the Beethoven tree, I tried both the tree and personal ID from the Composer Family Tree, and I even tried the tree ID from the Composer Family Tree and the personal ID from the Beethoven tree. None of those worked and I don't know why.

well, you need to use the the personal id & the tree id from the tree you took the personal id from.

when linking ludwig to leopold you're going to use ludwig's tree id & personal id. on the composer family tree you're going to click ••• > people > actions (on leopold's section) > link > add. from there you will need to add ludwig's tree name (Beethoven), his tree id (5c61aa9a9e12eb000f9b254b), and ludwig's personal id (5c61aaea9e12eb000f9b254e). once you hit save there should be a blue chain symbol on leopold's picture. that will link you to the beethoven tree.

doing this will not add them to the same tree as separate nodes, but connect two separate tree through that little chain icon.
    // WEREWOLF BOYBANDS //

not so berry family tree
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    Here's a linked family tree to other family trees https://app.theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#5bbac95513f044000f71d698
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I'm unable to crop image in plumtree v2 the app just uploaded the image as is without giving me a choice to crop it unlike the previous version, anybody else?
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    izecson wrote: »
    I'm unable to crop image in plumtree v2 the app just uploaded the image as is without giving me a choice to crop it unlike the previous version, anybody else?

same here
    // WEREWOLF BOYBANDS //

not so berry family tree
  • Options
    NhimSimNhimSim Posts: 316 Member

First of all - Thank You for the wonderful app!
    I like the new version very much but I really miss the search function when you go to edit Sims... my legacy family tree is quite big and the search function was really nice to have when looking for those distant relatives...
  • Options
    Onyeka001 wrote: »
    First of all - Thank You for the wonderful app!
    I like the new version very much but I really miss the search function when you go to edit Sims... my legacy family tree is quite big and the search function was really nice to have when looking for those distant relatives...

The search function is still there.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options

@floridameerkat Uh okay - Thank You :) Guess I'll have to take a closer look
  • Options

@floridameerkat Could you possibly tell me where you find the search function in v2 of Plum Tree?
    I must be stupid or blind - possibly both because I can't for the life of me find it. I've tried opening the app in both Firefox and Chrome to see if that made a difference but nope - I still can't find the search function in v2. Please help!
  • Options
    @floridameerkat Could you possibly tell me where you find the search function in v2 of Plum Tree?
    I must be stupid or blind - possibly both because I can't for the life of me find it. I've tried opening the app in both Firefox and Chrome to see if that made a difference but nope - I still can't find the search function in v2. Please help!

Click the "..." button in the top right corner and select "People." Under the "Add person" button is the search bar.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    Click the "..." button in the top right corner and select "People." Under the "Add person" button is the search bar.

Aha, I see what is wrong... :)
    You're looking at the old version and I'm asking about v2 of the PlumTreeApp

• Options
    edited March 2019

Aha, I see what is wrong... :)
    You're looking at the old version and I'm asking about v2 of the PlumTreeApp

I see what happened. I didn't realize v2 was a completely separate site. I thought it was an update to the original one. I'm always logged in, so I never see the home page where the link is. Sorry for the confusion.

I found v2, and I see what you mean about the search feature being missing. I hope they add it back. One of my trees has a lot of sims in it.
    Post edited by floridameerkat on
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options

Thanks for your effort though - and yes hopefully it'll be added :)
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I can't get my tree to show up in the gallery in v2. I type in the name and my tree isn't visible. When I go to publish the tree, the "display in gallery" button isn't selected, so I select it and click "save settings," but it still doesn't show up. And the link it gives me to my public tree doesn't display anything, even though the "Is Public" button is always green when I click the "publish tree" button. Does anyone know what's wrong?
    Post edited by floridameerkat on
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner