Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have any of you recreated S3 characters in S4?

I am surprised that I have not found more Sims 3 characters being recreated or reimagined in Sims 4? I have googled random Sims 3 names, and, on occasion, I've found someone who created one of the beloved S3 peeps in S4, but not as many as I would have thought. Have any of you recreated any? If so, which one(s)?

Comments

• Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Never recreated Sims 3 characters, as I did not like the premades...I found them so boring and empty. But I have recreated many Sims 2 sims!
  • Options
    ShaddBoiShaddBoi Posts: 795 Member
    Never recreated Sims 3 characters, as I did not like the premades...I found them so boring and empty. But I have recreated many Sims 2 sims!

Really? Which S2 characters?
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Actually most people I know recreate Sims 2 characters - many of which were also found in various Sims 3 packs as well.

I really cannot think of any Sims 3 sims that I played with that were not also in Sims 2. Sims 2 Sims had stories so maybe that is why we tend to enjoy remaking them if the game has not yet done it. LOL. So no never remade any Sims 3 sims that came with the game, Technically Sims 4 has not inspired me in the least to remake all my fav Sims anyway. My fav Sims had personalities and traits that are just not possible in Sims 4.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    @Writin_Reg So Tamara Donner and Hank Goddard and Company were all in S2? I don't remember them back when I played, but maybe I never paid enough attention to the pre sims' made names. I had too many of my own sims to manage haha

I def agree with you about the limited traits! I feel like I use many of the same traits over and over again.
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I recreated the Pleasant family, the Broke family and the Curious family, I am trying to also make the Specter family!

I never really connected to the Sims 3 sims...I don't know why.
  • Options
    @LenaDieters11 I kind of felt the same about S2. I had recreated just about every person I know in S2, so they pretty much interacted with each other.

In Sims 3, I kinda grew attached to some of them because you would see them out and about in town.
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    I never cared much for the premades in ts3. I have recreated sims from the urbz and the sims console/handheld games, especially the handheld since those sims had such good stories and personalities :)
  • Options
    @VentusMatt Wow I never realized simmers were so unattached to the S3 premades! I never got a chance to play the urbz...I bet I would have liked that, as I grew up in the intercity haha
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    ShaddBoi wrote: »
    @Writin_Reg So Tamara Donner and Hank Goddard and Company were all in S2? I don't remember them back when I played, but maybe I never paid enough attention to the pre sims' made names. I had too many of my own sims to manage haha

I def agree with you about the limited traits! I feel like I use many of the same traits over and over again.

Hey ShaddBoi - I said in regards to Sims I played - meaning me - I honestly do not know who those Sims are you mention. I did tend to play mainly Sims redone by Maxis that had been Sims in Sims 2 and the ones they didn't do like all the Strangetown Sims and such - I remade myself for Sims 3. In fact all of them are in my studio on Sims 3. LOL. But truthfully I can only speak for myself and the Sims I played and still play in Sims 2 and 3.

I also have a ton of other Sims in Sims 3 I played as well.

Yeah - it is sad it is pretty much impossible to remake our fun quirky Sims from Sims 2 and 3 in this game.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    I am surprised that I have not found more Sims 3 characters being recreated or reimagined in Sims 4? I have googled random Sims 3 names, and, on occasion, I've found someone who created one of the beloved S3 peeps in S4, but not as many as I would have thought. Have any of you recreated any? If so, which one(s)?

There are several from Sunset Valley at gallery
    I use them (no created by me, but some households edited grab from one and drop at other household)
    I have Bunch family, and of course Judy work at Futursim, and Jack work at sports.
    Jamie Jolina is doctor and has as coworkers Morgana Wolf and Jeffery Dean!

At my game when grow up to Teen, Arlo Bunch want be Pack Leader, while Darlene is lesbian (with one girl of my main family)

Also I have Frio brothers, enanced edition (LOL) as now they live with Claire and her daughter.
  • Options
    @Writin_Reg Agreed! Because Sims 4 seems so different, I just created new characters (along with a few of my real, living friends haha). That was one thing that really impressed me about Sims 4. Appearance wise, i's actually pretty mind boggling how close my S4 sims look like my real acquaintances! I just need more traits to better fit their personalities.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Yes, I have a WHOLE thread of them! Link in my signature! :)
  • Options
    @leo3487 Morgana was one of my fav S3 characters. But I swear that woman was EVERYWHERE! no matter where I went, she was there! I was thinking about recreating Hank Goddard and the Wolffs and the Keatons. Sadly, I always deleted the Bunch family as soon as I started a new Sunset Valley game.
  • Options
    @Omri147 Oh I will have to check these out! Curious to see how you recreated them! Thanks for sending the link :smiley:
  • Options
    @Omri147 Oh I will have to check these out! Curious to see how you recreated them! Thanks for sending the link :smiley:

Some I felt came out great, some not as much... I hope you'd like them. :)
  • Options
    @Omri147 WOW! Those are rally cool! Nicely done. They look so close yet you reimagined some a bit. I liked your spin on Agnes Crumplebottom. Forgot about her..
  • Options
    @Omri147 WOW! Those are rally cool! Nicely done. They look so close yet you reimagined some a bit. I liked your spin on Agnes Crumplebottom. Forgot about her..

Thank you! :smiley: I've been working with what I have... :sweat_smile:

I even went as far as making their other clothing categories as close as I could to their TS3 ones... :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    @Omri147 Yes indeed you did. They are amazing. Many of them were spot on. And I think you pretty much got them all too. I liked your Emma Hatch. I think I have enough comprable traits in S4 to recreate her in my game. And, being culinary, she would be good to own a restaurant too.
  • Options
    @Omri147 Yes indeed you did. They are amazing. Many of them were spot on. And I think you pretty much got them all too. I liked your Emma Hatch. I think I have enough comprable traits in S4 to recreate her in my game. And, being culinary, she would be good to own a restaurant too.

Thank you so much! :blush:

With TS4 having only 3 trait slots, I had to choose for most sims the 3 traits that describe them the most (unless they had traits that still don't exist in TS4), especially if they are mentioned in their bios... :)
  • Options
    Omri147 wrote: »

Thank you so much! :blush:

With TS4 having only 3 trait slots, I had to choose for most sims the 3 traits that describe them the most (unless they had traits that still don't exist in TS4), especially if they are mentioned in their bios... :)

Understood. The traits are definitely limited in comparison to S3. But generally there are at least one or two traits that can be salvaged to recreate history. Plus, in some cases, I may reimagine them with traits I think they should have had in S3.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I downloaded some of @Omri147 sims from Lucky Palms.
  • Options
    @imhappy I can see why. He did an awesome job of recreating those sims!
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Yeah! They are totally awesome! He even has townies from Sims 2 games, so you can add them in the background as unplayed sims.
    I just bought Dine Out, so Lennon Sosa is working his way as a 5 star owner.
  • Options
    @imhappy wow there's a name I forgot about. Haven't heard that in years! The only one I still have stuck in my head from Sims 2 is Goopy GilsCarbo!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    It makes me so happy that you guys like them!! Thank you soooo much!!! :blush::blush::blush:

I also have like more than 20 families (or maybe it's even more than that... I don't even remember) on hold cause they need TODDLERS... It's pretty much the ONLY reason I want toddlers to return... :sweat_smile:

EDIT:
    @imhappy wow there's a name I forgot about. Haven't heard that in years! The only one I still have stuck in my head from Sims 2 is Goopy GilsCarbo!

One of said toddlers is toddler Goopy from Monte Vista... :p