Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dine Out- Standing Around Glitch

IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
My sim is a restaurant owner and things have gone pretty smoothly except for this recurring standing glitch.
It's usually annoying because I don't like to close the restaurant until everyone has eaten and set their rating, but now I'm forced to close if i don't want the employees to become unsatisfied. Sometimes customers just stand up and drink their drink but don't eat.

I wasn't really worried too much about at first until it happened to a restaurant critic. My restaurant critic just stood their for hours and I was really worried about the rating I was going to get. I didn't have any 'manage' options because it said she had already been welcomed.

I play my game without mods and there's a lot of space between the tables and walls so my waiters and customers won't get stuck.

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue.
    Sometimes when your sim " recommends" a dish it can cause issues. Try having a shift where you don't recommend a dish and see if that helps.
    Sometimes having a bar, or aquarium or dance floor /music player, wall speakers or musical instruments can cause issues with sims getting up and not eating meals. Try removing them if you have them in your restaurant and see if that helps.
    If there are other dirty dishes on the tables, drag them yourself to the waiters station.
    Make sure that there is only one tablepiece on the tables and that there are no low hanging lights over the tables.
  • Options
    IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    Thank you @rosemow
    I don't have the perk that allows you to recommend a dish and I don't have any centerpieces. I have my sim clean up all the dishes but sometimes sims come in too fast so I'll make sure to pause and drag them out. I'll also try removing the aquariums and the wall speakers.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    It happens to me as well sometimes. From time to time it's just because they insist on talking to Sims at other tables (that aren't part of their dining group).

There are a few things you can do.
    • Sell the table and chairs the customer is supposed to be sitting at and go back into live mode. The table being gone, they're no longer seated so they will leave. This will cause them to give the amount of stars they have at that moment - that's never the maximum they would give.
    • Go into manage worlds (or maybe just through any loading screen) and come back. This will get all Sims to return to their proper position. I'm not entirely sure if they will actually eat, I haven't tried it in this scenario. Mind this does reset the rating of all customers currently at the restaurant to the default rating of three stars.
    • Something I haven't tried - the resetsim cheat, probably also resets the rating, but is likely to do the same.

As for the critic, you can safely close your restaurant, they won't give a review (the one that shows up as a message) until they're actually ready to leave on their own. They'll just come back the next time you open the restaurant.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    It happens to me as well sometimes. From time to time it's just because they insist on talking to Sims at other tables (that aren't part of their dining group).

There are a few things you can do.
    • Sell the table and chairs the customer is supposed to be sitting at and go back into live mode. The table being gone, they're no longer seated so they will leave. This will cause them to give the amount of stars they have at that moment - that's never the maximum they would give.
    • Go into manage worlds (or maybe just through any loading screen) and come back. This will get all Sims to return to their proper position. I'm not entirely sure if they will actually eat, I haven't tried it in this scenario. Mind this does reset the rating of all customers currently at the restaurant to the default rating of three stars.
    • Something I haven't tried - the resetsim cheat, probably also resets the rating, but is likely to do the same.

As for the critic, you can safely close your restaurant, they won't give a review (the one that shows up as a message) until they're actually ready to leave on their own. They'll just come back the next time you open the restaurant.

Thankyou for your helpful suggstiions about ways to workaround the issues :)