Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Culture pack (primarily sounds/language)

I think that adding new language-sound-sets would give individual sims much more character. Sim-language has a very distinct american sound to it. I don't want to complain, but after a few hours, my ears hurt from listening to a lanuage-melody that is not my own. So I think it would be nice to add 2-3 other language-melodies to the game. The obvious choices would be a romanic (give me some clear vocals, please!!!) and an asian one. Just make an italian and a chinese sound professional read the same template/words that have been used for the game hitherto and we should end up with nice accents of Sim-language.

The non-plus-ultra would be to add culture-specific animations. But I understand that this would probably require much more effort/money.

Comments

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    I'm fine with Simlish language. Another sims languages would sound same!
  • Options
    WenzelWenzel Posts: 75 Member
    I'm not sure if I understand you. If you let an american speaker, a mandarin speaker and an italian speaker pronounce the very same word (a Simlish combination of consonants and vowels), you will end up with three different pronounciations and melodies.
  • Options
    Phoenix_RainPhoenix_Rain Posts: 321 Member
    It would probably take forever to do. It's a pretty neat idea though
    2yy9g61.png
  • Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    Ohh, more accents would be awesome!
  • Options
    Autumn_CatsAutumn_Cats Posts: 347 Member
    Yeah! Some accents would be AWESOME
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Sure, but only if bogans are included, cos I need a good laugh.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif