Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Coming back to the sims 3

Comments

• Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    edited August 2016
    You say they look like pudding... Are you creating sims with all sliders set to zero because that's what the term refers to.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/861280/ts3-sims-lifeless-and-robotic-do-they-all-look-pudding/p1
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Epochism wrote: »
    coco wrote: »
    Oh dear not another one of these. I wonder how many people who complain about the unbearable glitchiness and ugliness of ts3 are playing on a potato laptop :unamused:

Nah, I never played on what you call "a potato laptop"... My computer is actually pretty good. It's a gaming computer, so it has a high graphics card. Even if it's at the highest setting, for me the sims still look like pudding.
    Why don't you show us one of your sims then. Let us be the judge.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    I believe another Sims 4 thread was dumped here. LOL
    Frankly, comparing games is sort of naïve. Expecting games to work smoothly is even more.

Take The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim for example. It's full of bugs! Most Bethesda games are full of bugs, that's why I haven't invested in Fallout 4. Too expensive for a lame final product. I may buy it when it's cheaper.
    Crises was another game that was above the machines when it was released.

What bothers me is how much they ask for buggy games. Most of them are a rip-off and need lots of mods to make them work right.

I hope you enjoy both games. All sims games are awesome. I wish I could get Sims 2.

I just re-downloaded 2, i got it when they released it for free a while ago! its still probably my favourite game out of the series to be honest with you!

@coco trust me when I say my laptop is not a potato XD I've funneld a couple of grand into it so i'd bloody hope it isn't. Also its more the fact I don't have any kind of skills with sliders thats the issue! I've never been able to create beautiful sims with sliders, I just haven't got the nack for it tbh. I've always been jealous of people with that skill. MY sims always look the same (which is why i prefer 4's CAS) but i've always really appreciated what other people manage to do!

@Deshong04 I do see your point about the sliders. I do feel they should implement those for people who want them! I wouldn't call it juvenile. It reminds me very much of working with clay (something i did and still do sometimes, i sell sculptures online) thats why it appeals to me so much.

@JasonAnthonySterling I actually know what you mean about the seasons thing :/ Thats whats worrying me about it at the moment!

tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I must say I'm fine with both sliders and the Sims 4 system (which also means sliders by the way, it's not actually claying). What I do like in Sims 4 is how you can work on their entire face at once, instead of all parts seperately. First mouth, then nose, then eyes, then the shape of their head (or any other order).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    edited August 2016
    LunaNova wrote: »
    I just re-downloaded 2, i got it when they released it for free a while ago! its still probably my favourite game out of the series to be honest with you!

Enjoy the fact that you can play all the games!
    I do believe it's much better to be able to choose what you want to play.

• Options
    edited August 2016

I'm about to jump into sims 2 now. Its nice to switch between them. If only i could get the original sims to work for me! Maybe i'll get round to it one day... I've really been enjoying sims 3 today though. Through a bit of tweaking and messing around i've gotten it to run a bit better and fast forward rarely stutters. I just really love having pets back in the game. My dog in real life just brings me so much joy so almost all my sims will have a pet!
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2016

I'm about to jump into sims 2 now. Its nice to switch between them. If only i could get the original sims to work for me! Maybe i'll get round to it one day... I've really been enjoying sims 3 today though. Through a bit of tweaking and messing around i've gotten it to run a bit better and fast forward rarely stutters. I just really love having pets back in the game. My dog in real life just brings me so much joy so almost all my sims will have a pet!

Your quotes are so messed up XD.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    @Sigzy05 I know i don't know what happened there XD
  • Options
    @LunaNova I didn't come here really to start comparing because I've been there and done that lol. I must say that I feel the same but of TS4. All the sims I tried to make looked the same unless I chose from the presets which kind of defeats the purpose for me. I think the sliders in TS3 allow for more advanced customisation and better accuracy if you're trying to get a certain look. But that's just my thoughts, and at the end of the day they're just games :smile:
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @coco I get ya! I mean i really do want to get back into 3 so if you have any tips for making more beautiful sims i'd appreciate it! the ones in your av/ sig are beautiful!
  • Options
    Maybe a custom skin can help you there, if you're not satisfied with the vanilla look?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Maybe a custom skin can help you there, if you're not satisfied with the vanilla look?

Honestly I think thats one of the things that makes my sims so blah. I've never used a custom skin in an game (though i've used pretty much all other kinds of cc)

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Maybe this topic will come in handy. And there's a link in there to another one. There's a huge variety to pick from.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    @LunaNova One thing that I learned from other games is that games get better if you learn how to mod them.
    I've just come across a tool names EasyCASPEditor. I can edit which clothes and hair are random, show in CAS and are available. It's very useful to stop having sims from present using ITF Clothes.

Nraas Mods boosted my game in ways that I can't describe.
  • Options
    @JoAnne65 Thank you! i'm going to start exploring lighting mods as well I think. I've been having a look around and i've seen some beautiful sims 3 screenshots that talk about lighting mods!. I love taking screenshots so this could be fun!
  • Options
    GITTE2001 wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Maybe this topic will come in handy. And there's a link in there to another one. There's a huge variety to pick from.

You linked to all sims3 discussions.
    Yeah, I messed up haha. It's fixed;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    @LunaNova One thing that I learned from other games is that games get better if you learn how to mod them.
    I've just come across a tool names EasyCASPEditor. I can edit which clothes and hair are random, show in CAS and are available. It's very useful to stop having sims from present using ITF Clothes.

Nraas Mods boosted my game in ways that I can't describe.

Yeah i've aded a few more Nrass mods now the game seems to have stabilised (i've been adding mods to the sims since the first game came out, if you played that far back you may remember a pet pig mod, thats the first thing i ever added to a game!). I've been creating meshes for sims 4 recently so I may give it a go in 3 as well. I'll check that out! Thanks!
  • Options
    @LunaNova Thanks! They're mother and daughter and generation 9 from my game so I didn't create them. CAS is a lot of fun in both games if you give yourself time to explore the sliders/sculpting. My tip would be that it's okay to keep some sliders in or near the middle but try mixing it up and give the sim a longer nose, thinner lips, slightly tilted eyes, high cheekbones, wider jaw etc. There's so much you can do to make a sim unique and yet still beautiful. I'd love to see what you come up with :)
  • Options
    @LunaNova Thanks! They're mother and daughter and generation 9 from my game so I didn't create them. CAS is a lot of fun in both games if you give yourself time to explore the sliders/sculpting. My tip would be that it's okay to keep some sliders in or near the middle but try mixing it up and give the sim a longer nose, thinner lips, slightly tilted eyes, high cheekbones, wider jaw etc. There's so much you can do to make a sim unique and yet still beautiful. I'd love to see what you come up with :)

I'll be posting some up if I manage to make any beautiful ones! I plan to stick with sims 3 till the next sims 4 expansion comes out. Like I said my love for the game has appeared again! I'm going to go look around a bit for skins and stuff to add in!
  • Options
    I don't know if you've seen but this thread has heaps of good sites for cc!
  • Options
    I don't know if you've seen but this thread has heaps of good sites for cc!

Thank you! All i really know is mod the sims because I used to use that all the time. I can't remember the other sites I used to use. I know I downloaded beautiful fantasy items from somewhere around the time that generations got released so i'll have to see if i can find it again. I love making elves and stuff like that.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    The Sims Resource is another huge one I'm sure you know. I'm not too sure about fantasy stuff but there's a lot of nice furniture and decor items there. A lot of creators are also on Tumblr which is where I get a lot of my hair, makeup and clothes. If you're looking for lighting mods I highly recommend Brnt Waffles :)
  • Options
    Yes, it's really important to dare pulling the sliders. My experience is that it can look too much in CAS but alright in the game.

JackampJack_zpsqdjrlcha.png
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    I recently went on a download binge and got lots of fantasy cc.

I'll try to find some links and post here.

I also find that skins can dramatically change the appearance of your Sims. I'm loving Sims 3 and after playing it since release I'm still doing totally new things all the time. I found one way to find new things about Sims 3 is to read the requirements to get badges. Even if you don't manage to get the badge trying to work towards them will show you things you never knew about the game.

If you google 'Sims 3 Fantasy' you'll find lots of links to explore.

These links will help you find a few interesting things too.
    http://stuffiwantinmygame.tumblr.com/post/137450160280/moonskin93-kurasoberina-primer-hd-skin-for

https://www.tumblr.com/tagged/moonskin93

Here's a few pictures of Sims I've made recently. They have cc skins and some have cc hair and makeup too.
    Annabel016.jpg

Gene061.jpg

Sims017.jpg

Sims007.jpg

Sims005.jpg

Felicity002.jpg

Duncan026.jpg

Connie001.jpg

My fairies are posted among a fairy village made from luna's fantasy trees and rocks and other things. It's hard to find her things and I'm still going through what I've downloaded to see what I really need and what I can live without.

House002.jpg

Nate002.jpg

This female sim is a EA generated NPC that I captured and gave a new hair style to and added her to my game.
    Felix_And_LR009.jpg

Luna's dining set
    Visitor.jpg

One of my 'old' sims (probably base game) that I gave new hair to and probably a new skin.
    Fay005.jpg

This 'fairy village' is in a previously empty part of Barnacle Bay.
    Fairy_Conversations003.jpg

A fawn I downloaded from a few places. I originally found it on MoonSkin93 site but the horns and legs are on other sites. All the info is on the MoonSkin93 pages.
    Fawn003.jpg
    I think the horns were by Psycho

The red mushroom is a chair and there is a table to go with it. They are recolourable.
    Paula023.jpgimage hosting 10mb limit

I have dozens more. But this is the last one as there are way too many pictures here already. This sim is watching TV. I like her as she seems so natural to me. She is wearing skin and makeup and cc hair. None of which I can identify but it gives you some idea of the variety that can be achieved. I have lots of non default skins that I use for my Sims. A fair bit of makeup and a few hairs.

Paula003.jpg