Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Freeplay upgrade

DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
edited August 2016 in The Sims FreePlay
I would love it if Maxis and EA upgraded, the Sims Freeplay.
1. Character creation much better than now, a new character creator, 3 traits and an aspiration, but 25 traits to choose from, if you pay $1 to $4 for it, the traits help shape your sim, more hair etc.
3. 5 moods. For $1 for them.
5. Sim time comes back not real time.

Everybody say what they think and give ideas
Post edited by DcD2510 on

Comments

• Options
    Any ideas
  • Options
    NelcaRedNelcaRed Posts: 322 Member
    I have a Galaxy Note 4, and I can't run Sims Free-play smoothly. It is very hard for me to think that this Sims 4 will be a reality to be honest. But lets talk future wise, the sims 4 (Mobile) should have individual design, in other words, you can only control your household in your house. You can interact with other players but you can't control them.

2nd, Online Games for the mobile app. This hasn't even been developed in Sims 4, but imagine having a friend come over to talk with you or borrow a book. The Online mobile app will run as an open platform where players send "friend request" to join their world.

3rd, Import a REAL house or household from the current Sims gallery. It is already hard to build in the mobile phone, why not import a lot from the gallery. In other words, just have the gallery built in the phone.

4th, Allow CC?

5th You have more freedom, so you can kill the sims much faster. I know, I know, there are some people that only play Sims 4 just to kill someone but we have to respect their position too.

After intense research, Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 proccessor for phones is not powerful enough to handle all this task. Having a speed of 2.2Ghz of process speed.
    You might have to wait 5 to 6 more years for this feature :/
  • Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    If they could put any old Sims version on mobile, it'd be great....*Please Ts2*! ;) but realistically, considering how EA doesn't even feel like porting TS4 to any of consoles, I think the even harder endeavor of porting it to any mobile is fat chance. ;/
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I tried Sims Freeplay to have something when I'm just hanging out in waiting rooms, but the 1 hour = 1 hour killed me, as did having to do certain things in a certain order. Maybe at some point it turns into a bit freer play? I didn't get that far because of the time thing.

So, my main request: Make time work like the PC game does. I'd give a Freeplay reboot a chance again then.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Yes I would too
  • Options
    I don't play often because of that reason
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    I tried Sims Freeplay to have something when I'm just hanging out in waiting rooms, but the 1 hour = 1 hour killed me, as did having to do certain things in a certain order. Maybe at some point it turns into a bit freer play? I didn't get that far because of the time thing.

So, my main request: Make time work like the PC game does. I'd give a Freeplay reboot a chance again then.
    They can't because then Freeplay would be just as bad as the (paid) mobile version of TS3 was. Freeplay is a much better game because EA has to make updates for it all the time or the impatient minority who choose to pay anyway - will stop paying ;)
  • Options
    Icy_Lava wrote: »
    If they could put any old Sims version on mobile, it'd be great....*Please Ts2*! ;) but realistically, considering how EA doesn't even feel like porting TS4 to any of consoles, I think the even harder endeavor of porting it to any mobile is fat chance. ;/
    EA's income for TS4 comes mainly from selling a huge number of SPs. This isn't possible on consoles or mobile devices. But the basegame alone is expensive to port and it wouldn't sell very well anyway. So it probably wouldn't be worth it.

Of course EA could port TS4 to mobile devices in the same way as EA did with TS3. But it wouldn't be a good game then and it would have to be sold for a low price. This isn't worth it when EA already has Freeplay for all mobile devices.
  • Options
    What if they improved the sims fr eplay by selling some new things but not where the game relies on them, just if you want a better character creator you can have it but you have to pay.
  • Options
    DcD2510 wrote: »
    What if they improved the sims fr eplay by selling some new things but not where the game relies on them, just if you want a better character creator you can have it but you have to pay.
    It is difficult because it is an online game. So it can't have a more complex graphics like the Sims 4.

It is probably the best MMO games ever made because it is so big and extremely detailed as it is. But being an MMO games also gives it some limitations like:
    1. It has to be free and only get income from "unnecessary" extra content.
    2. It's size has to be so small that it can be played on almost all mobile devices and such that it won't take too long to download a neighbor's city when we want to visit it.
    3. It has to be in real time. MMO games usually use real time to be able to let things happen at the same time for all the gamers. Maybe this was less important in this game than in other MMO games. But the developers still chose to do it this way.

The main problem is the extra things which people can pay for. I don't think that they are worth much in this game. But they still seem to be able to tempt enough gamers to let the game be a huge economical success for EA. Still I can't believe that more than a tiny fraction of the gamers choose to pay for anything. But because the game is free it is of coursed downloaded by a huge number of millions of gamers all over the world. So this is probably the reason why it is much more economically successful for EA anyway than all EA's earlier attempts on making a social Sims game ever were.
  • Options
    @DcD2510 I forgot to add that because Freeplay is a free MMO game the developers had to make in more challenging than TS4 even though EA probably didn't want to. So they made the game this way but only added extremely few harder challenges anyway.

I like this much more than the trivial easy gameplay in TS4. But nevertheless I am quite sure that EA only made Freeplay a little more challenging because they had to - because otherwise people wouldn't at all be motivated to buy any extra content for this game which depends completely on such purchases ;)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    I enjoy Freeplay but don't think there's anything particularly challenging about it. It just requires time and patience.
  • Options
    I enjoy Freeplay but don't think there's anything particularly challenging about it. It just requires time and patience.
    Getting the resources to build the workstations in the police station and in the movie studio is quite challenging because it needs clever use of the resource exchange. It isn't trivial to do this in the best way ;)

Apart from that it only needs you to enter the game very often. But it is still much more challenging that TS4 where you only have to manage a single family and not 34 sims in many houses.

For me it is also a nice supplement to another MMO game which is a war game in an unfriendly postapocalyptic world with all kinds of deadly monsters. I admit that this other game is more challenging because you need to experiment to be able to win all those hard battles and you often lose because you made a tiny mistake. It is a clever combination of an action, RPG and puzzle game. But it is also so extremely violent that I need to play a more peaceful game like this one too. So I get all the challenge I need from just those two games ;)