Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sim Is Sick!

Never had my Sim be sick before, what do I do? Can I send her to the hospital to get better or what?
sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg

Comments

• Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    You can buy medicine off the computer.
    I can't remember which option it's under specifically though.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,871 Member
    Lucky you. :) I'm still waiting for one of my sims to get sick.
  • Options
    BethanyXXBethanyXX Posts: 118 Member
    you also can make them them drink any kind of juice will immediately heal them at least that's how i remember it in my game
    04-23-16_10-27-23nbspPM_zpslfjmbgef.png
  • Options
    HyeionHyeion Posts: 522 Member
    Why my sims are so gosh 🐸🐸🐸🐸 healthy?!

And yes, buy medicine in the computer, and drink alot of Orange juice.
    mfCdivN.gif

Origin ID: Hyeion
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Just look at their whims it will usually tell you to have them nap or drink juice or tea... or it will tell you to use medicine. I always have a computer glitch in a new home though where I have to rebuy the computer so I'm able to get the option to buy medicine... it's strange.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    I've never had a sick Sim until today. She was working at the hospital when she caught it. I wonder if one of the patients was contagious? :)
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited July 2016
    I always have the Tea Maker in my games. If they get sick, they drink the "Healthy" choice. (I think its called Healthy Green Tea)

Edit: When I purchase medicine from the computer, I always buy two of them. Sometimes it doesn't work the first time, LOL
  • Options
    Linabelina360Linabelina360 Posts: 362 Member
    I've never had a sick Sim until today. She was working at the hospital when she caught it. I wonder if one of the patients was contagious? :)

I actually find that if you have a sim who works in the medical career, your other sims that are in the same household tend to get sick... and then it becomes a train of sickness passing around... at least that's the way it is in my households.

HairyNoseContagious.gif
    tumblr_n9ycvbU66h1tv6zypo1_500.gif
    The heart can't beat with out a rhythm
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Same here @Linabelina360 When I play the Dr. Career, everyone in my household (if I am playing more than 1) ends up sick.

I have noticed that my Active Sims don't get sick. I usually give them that trait anyway, if not, I have them jog every day. They seem to seldom, if at all, get sick.
  • Options
    Linabelina360Linabelina360 Posts: 362 Member
    Ok, cool thx for the tip @charlotteprice

Lol I am honestly a bad example for when it comes to getting my sims out and being active. I'm surprised they stay in shape XD.
    tumblr_n9ycvbU66h1tv6zypo1_500.gif
    The heart can't beat with out a rhythm
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Getting sick is most likey random and less common unless you have one of your playable sims working in the medical field, that sickness can be spread throughout the whole Quad neighborhood area in no time. Most of the time Kids that come in sick once you find one you have the illness for them all. I wish they cleaned up the shivers and flu animation on the kids as it looks like they are playing around with their hands. Kids do that when they are exicted and not sick.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    I always have the Tea Maker in my games. If they get sick, they drink the "Healthy" choice. (I think its called Healthy Green Tea)

Edit: When I purchase medicine from the computer, I always buy two of them. Sometimes it doesn't work the first time, LOL

Yes. I also give my sim homes the tea maker. Healthy Green Tea and a nap usually Gets them better.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Families with kids get sick too. They bring germs home from school and infect the whole house.
  • Options
    HyeionHyeion Posts: 522 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Families with kids get sick too. They bring germs home from school and infect the whole house.

That sounds like a nightmare.
    mfCdivN.gif

Origin ID: Hyeion
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    There is no need to do anything. It will just go away in about 24 hours. There is no death by sickness in the game.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    Getting sick is most likey random and less common unless you have one of your playable sims working in the medical field, that sickness can be spread throughout the whole Quad neighborhood area in no time. Most of the time Kids that come in sick once you find one you have the illness for them all. I wish they cleaned up the shivers and flu animation on the kids as it looks like they are playing around with their hands. Kids do that when they are exicted and not sick.
    Really because I had a family and the kids were always getting sick a couple of times I had to send them home from school early.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    My Sims do get sick regularly (yayyy!!) But I do wish that we were able to send them to the hospital like ts3. I usually let my Sims nap, drink orange juice or drink healthy green tea. I'm not the typical person to take meds, so my Sims would only take meds if it's hard for them to recover.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    It'll pass.

My sims haven't gotten sick in a while.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    Buy a bottle of medicine.
    @simgirl1010 On my households that are small and without children, they never get sick. However, my households that are adults with a brood of children someone is getting sick constantly.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Just leave them sick. It doesn't do anything. Just um... enjoy the experience. :)
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    aceflamingo26aceflamingo26 Posts: 27 Member
    gnarly dude
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    The moment I get any kind of hint my Sim might be getting sick, I give them the medicine. I don't even give them enough time to confirm it or not. It's gone five seconds later after it catches my eye. Any consequences from having it is a rather moot point for me, lol.

It's like when my Sims get tense over something. I immediately have them take a bubble bath. Tense effect gone. :)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I have to confess to using a mod to prevent illness. It just irritated me.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    simmey1simmey1 Posts: 580 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Just leave them sick. It doesn't do anything. Just um... enjoy the experience. :)

lol...I usually just ignore it and it goes away. I haven't lost anyone yet.
  • Options
    KatastrophicSimKatastrophicSim Posts: 90 Member
    I wonder why this is the 5th result for searching about The Sims 2 sicknesses. No one here talked about it so there's no way it could be in the tags. Strange.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top