Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to stop garden club members harvesting using tuning (easy steps)

IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
How to control what gardening club members do

1)Download and install Sims4Studio
2)Use Tools menu, Create Empty Package and decide your own name for the package which should go into your Mods folder structure in a suitable place
3)Use Tools menu, Extract Tuning. Search for club_interaction_group then scroll down to find club_interaction_group/clubInteractionGroup_SkillBuilding_Garden.
4)Click Add To Current Package then close the tuning picker window.
4)Open the Club Interaction Group Tuning resource in the Type column, and have the XML tab open on the right. You can edit directly in this pane.
5)Delete whole lines such as <T>13413<!--Gardening_Harvest--></T> Delete any <T></T> lines that look like something you don't want your club doing. Delete carefully so as to not mess up the formatting of the rest of the file.
6)The other resource - the Sim Data - does not need editing for this purpose, and you can delete it if you want, then the game will simply use the original one.
7)Make sure you save before exiting Sims4Studio as it may not remind you.

Your own mod may need updating after a patch just like ones you download. If you can't work out how to update when the time comes, simply delete your package and make it again in Sims4Studio after installing the patch.

You can use this same principle on any other club interaction group.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Please feel free to comment if anything is not clear, or you think it's wrong advice.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Thanks @IngeJones! :)
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    I might have a go at this later, thanks!
  • Options
    momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    Thanks for this
  • Options
    HopeTahHopeTah Posts: 144 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    How to control what gardening club members do

1)Download and install Sims4Studio
    2)Use Tools menu, Create Empty Package and decide your own name for the package which should go into your Mods folder structure in a suitable place
    3)Use Tools menu, Extract Tuning. Search for club_interaction_group then scroll down to find club_interaction_group/clubInteractionGroup_SkillBuilding_Garden.
    4)Click Add To Current Package then close the tuning picker window.
    4)Open the Club Interaction Group Tuning resource in the Type column, and have the XML tab open on the right. You can edit directly in this pane.
    5)Delete whole lines such as <T>13413<!--Gardening_Harvest--></T> Delete any <T></T> lines that look like something you don't want your club doing. Delete carefully so as to not mess up the formatting of the rest of the file.
    6)The other resource - the Sim Data - does not need editing for this purpose, and you can delete it if you want, then the game will simply use the original one.
    7)Make sure you save before exiting Sims4Studio as it may not remind you.

Your own mod may need updating after a patch just like ones you download. If you can't work out how to update when the time comes, simply delete your package and make it again in Sims4Studio after installing the patch.

You can use this same principle on any other club interaction group.

I'm so glad I found your (very simple) instructions that even a noob like me can follow. I had been looking for a mod like this, but it's easier just to do it myself! Thanks!
  • Options
    RedTop321RedTop321 Posts: 6 New Member
    I will forever worship you... Thank you SO MUCH for posting this. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top