Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Packs getting out of hand

Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
I love all the DLC for the game but the continuous deliverance of stuff packs for $9.99 is a money grab that is turning me off of this game. Many of the stuff packs are related in some way and can easily be added to or joined together with an expansion or game pack.

It is becoming too much. I wouldn't mind if the stuff packs were more reasonably priced at $5.99 or even $6.99 max, but $9.99 is being greedy.

5sXtTqH.png

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    They cost £7.99 in the UK. I couldn't even see a movie at the cinema for that price and that is something you can only enjoy for 2-3 hours, stuff packs give you many, many hours of fun.

I have no protest at the cost of stuff packs.

And, king, I guess I am not a person then since you seem to think that people only buy stuff because it has the sims name on it. I buy stuff because I like the look of the content in it, as I am sure majority of simmers do.

I don't know why you have to insist on spreading the sims 4 hate in every possible thread you can when you don't even play the game. Surely you would find more enjoyment hanging out in TS3 forum? Or do you just like running down TS4 at every opportunity?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited July 2016
    I've been buying the stuff packs for the gameplay objects, which have added a lot of variety to my Sim's daily lives. They've been a terrific buy for only $10 each (half the cost of a Sims 3 stuff pack, which were nothing but stuff) - have added a lot of play time for me, and have been fun. If you don't want the stuff, don't buy it. They've been a good bargain for me - the best we've had in all these years for small packs.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Artemis_DreamerArtemis_Dreamer Posts: 200 Member
    They are releasing quite a few stuff packs lately, yes. They're also releasing hour-long live streams showcasing pack contents and gameplay, allowing people to make informed purchases.

Ten dollars isn't a bad price, at least in my opinion.
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    They cost £7.99 in the UK. I couldn't even see a movie at the cinema for that price and that is something you can only enjoy for 2-3 hours, stuff packs give you many, many hours of fun.

And, king, I guess I am not a person then since you seem to think that people only buy stuff because it has the sims name on it. I buy stuff because I like the look of the content in it, as I am sure majority of simmers do.

I don't know why you have to insist on spreading the sims 4 hate in every possible thread you can when you don't even play the game. Surely you would find more enjoyment hanging out in TS3 forum? Or do you just like running down TS4 at every opportunity?

Exactly my words. Why on earth do critics that don't even play the game go to a sims forum just to spread sims 4 hate. That's evil trolling in my opinion. I too love the stuff packs, and yes, it's a reasonable price for stuff that adds both gameplay and more content.
  • Options
    PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member

Exactly my words. Why on earth do critics that don't even play the game go to a sims forum just to spread sims 4 hate. That's evil trolling in my opinion. I too love the stuff packs, and yes, it's a reasonable price for stuff that adds both gameplay and more content.

King HAS played the game, and even if they hadn't they still have their right to state their opinion. A forum is a place where people have discussions, not to blindly praise. While you both have good points, it's ridiculous to call this "hate" and it's twice as ridiculous and rude to call somebody a troll.
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    The Sims 4: Get out of hand stuff

A new Stuff Pack that features recolours of existing items and dispite complaints, people buy it beacuase... It has... The Sims on it...

You forgot to include, non-matched items. Here is a new couch, but no loveseat and/or armchair to match. Here is some new kitchen cabinets, island and/or overhead pieces not included.

There are times I do miss CAST so much cause I think my sims family room ends up looking like random stuff picked up from different estate sales.

As for the OP, simple enough. Don't buy it the day it comes out. Get it on sale.
  • Options
    AudGirl9000AudGirl9000 Posts: 45 Member
    Well, stuff packs are replacing the content store from TS3, and I much rather have stuff packs than buy points (which makes it easier to forget how much you're spending for 1 stupid hairdo-- more of a manipulation than stuff packs, if you ask me), and as someone said, the price is equivalent for a movie ticket (actually cheaper). The price point is fine and they go on sale occasionally-- my only concern is the lack of actual EP's and some of the packs are stuff that should actually probably be rolled into an EP. Like the 'Spooky Stuff' and 'Backyard Stuff' should probably be in the 'Seasons' EP, so I'm worried about a lack of content when the EP actually comes out.

What do you guys think?
    2i796r4.jpg

SailorDrew on Youtube || Origin & Steam ID: SailorDrew || Recent Project: Save Money on Sims 4
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Watch it Watch it don't get to mad at Sims 4 they might close this thread.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

That was a lighthearted joke.

I do spend a lot of time in the TS3 GD as there are some cool threads in there :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    my only concern is the lack of actual EP's and some of the packs are stuff that should actually probably be rolled into an EP. Like the 'Spooky Stuff' and 'Backyard Stuff' should probably be in the 'Seasons' EP, so I'm worried about a lack of content when the EP actually comes out.

What do you guys think?

The reason this doesn't worry me is that having some seasonal activities in SPs mean that those don't have to go in a Seasons EP, which means other stuff can - maybe more kinds of winter activities, for example, or more reactions to the weather itself, or (please please please) Sims having to deal with hot houses in the summer and cold ones in the winter.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

King HAS played the game, and even if they hadn't they still have their right to state their opinion. A forum is a place where people have discussions, not to blindly praise. While you both have good points, it's ridiculous to call this "hate" and it's twice as ridiculous and rude to call somebody a troll.

I don't hate TS4 as some of it is cool like CAS and good game performance.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    HermaiHermai Posts: 366 Member
    I dont have a problem with SPs as long as in depth content is being delivered through EPs
    8 SPs, 3 GPs and only 2 EPs feels very unbalanced for a 2 years game.. At least from some old simmers point of view.
    SPs are pretty straightforward, they add stuff. But I dont like the content being breaken into pieces by GPs. I feel that the content of GPs could be easily included in EPs full of other content too. In my country, a GP costs the same as an EP in the old days, and the EPs cost about the same as the base game used to cost. its very expensive for a fragmented experience. Besides, I feel like GPs dont help in the game integration, the content for the sims 4 doesnt seem to "talk" to each other very much.
    These are just some personal views on this system though, as I actually think the content in the GPs is very good.

Also, I think their choice for launching content in this early years of The Sims 4 very weird. It's almost like they are asking for people to complain. Want to release 8 stuff packs, fine, but at least don't push an almost identical theme pack... Backyard stuff after we had perfect patio seems a very weird choice. I think they are asking for headaches
  • Options
    HermaiHermai Posts: 366 Member

Because many people actually bought this game out of trust for Maxis, that promised many things not yet delivered. And this base game was the most expansive ever. So yeah, some people keep coming here on that basis.

It's the persons problem if they bought the game, I get it, but meanwhile, the least people unhappy with the game (and I dont feel we are just vocal minority, because this game has broken the sims fanbase in every forum possible) can voice their opinions on the official foruns. It is our right. If you are unhappy that there are unhappy people, then ignore us and go enjoy your game.
  • Options
    Hermai wrote: »

Because many people actually bought this game out of trust for Maxis, that promised many things not yet delivered. And this base game was the most expansive ever. So yeah, some people keep coming here on that basis.

It's the persons problem if they bought the game, I get it, but meanwhile, the least people unhappy with the game (and I dont feel we are just vocal minority, because this game has broken the sims fanbase in every forum possible) can voice their opinions on the official foruns. It is our right. If you are unhappy that there are unhappy people, then ignore us and go enjoy your game.

Well myself I didn't buy TS4 as it didn't apeal to me but after months of seeing the good and bad and for being criticised for criticising the game 'you never even played the game so you can't complain' I caved in and tried the free trial.

I gave it 30 points out of 100 and wrote it off as 'not the game for me'
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Of course, everyone has the right to their opinion. But I don't understand 1) why someone who no longer plays the game even participates to such a high degree in TS4 forums and 2) Why someone has to make such an extremely high amount of 'light hearted jokes' against the game, if not just to wind up the people who do like the game.

I'm all for constructive criticism, but I don't see any of that here.

And who said anything about blindly praising? I have certainly made my fair share of complaints where it is warranted, but I also say nice things about the game where there are things I like.

• Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Of course, everyone has the right to their opinion. But I don't understand 1) why someone who no longer plays the game even participates to such a high degree in TS4 forums and 2) Why someone has to make such an extremely high amount of 'light hearted jokes' against the game, if not just to wind up the people who do like the game.

And who said anything about blindly praising? I have certainly made my fair share of complaints where it is warranted, but I also say nice things about the game where there are things I like.

I no longer play the game either but I still come on the forums and add my comments to some threads in the hope EA takes note (I think they need to know why some simmers are dissatisfied with Sims 4 and keep hoping they might add something that will lure me back to playing it.) I thought everyone was welcome on these forums?
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited July 2016

It's not my priority to help you understand. I have just as much right as the next person.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    @nickibitsward For me, it just sometimes gets confusing as to why people who aren't playing the game have feedback on a particular thing (by this I mean on a topic like this - on some topics it makes more sense to me). If you're not playing the game, why would it matter to nonplayers if there are two stuff packs in a row, or four in 7 months? They aren't the market for the add-ons. Maybe it would be less of an issue if there was some indication in their posts as non-Sims 4 players about what difference it makes to them. But often there isn't, and too often there's nothing substantive in the posts, just more snark.
  • Options
    I no longer play the game either but I still come on the forums and add my comments to some threads in the hope EA takes note (I think they need to know why some simmers are dissatisfied with Sims 4 and keep hoping they might add something that will lure me back to playing it.) I thought everyone was welcome on these forums?
    See, I can understand that and thoroughly agree with it. Of course we need to let EA know what we are dissatisfied with. I do that pretty often myself.

The point I was trying to make (and obviously failed at abysmally lol) is that threads get filled with people just making random unfriendly comments like 'people buy it because it has The Sims on it' - how is that contributing anything other than to rile others up? And there are certain people who pop up regularly making such comments, I guess today is just the day when I finally had enough of reading them.

I apologise @Ash072 if I disrupted your thread in any way. I hope that perhaps you can find some stuff packs on sale in the future so that you can still have them but for less money :)
  • Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited July 2016
    Did people also hate the constantly flow of new items in the Sims store too?? I mean they're sort of the same thing only you can't buy the items separately.
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    edited July 2016
    Deleted
    Post edited by meeoun on
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    @nickibitsward For me, it just sometimes gets confusing as to why people who aren't playing the game have feedback on a particular thing (by this I mean on a topic like this - on some topics it makes more sense to me). If you're not playing the game, why would it matter to nonplayers if there are two stuff packs in a row, or four in 7 months? They aren't the market for the add-ons. Maybe it would be less of an issue if there was some indication in their posts as non-Sims 4 players about what difference it makes to them. But often there isn't, and too often there's nothing substantive in the posts, just more snark.

The only reason I commented on this particular thread was the post I responded to, I just think King has a right to post in whatever thread he wants to as long as it's not against forum rules. I found the "not playing don't post about it" that I got from Eleanor a little surprising. All I would have to say about the SPs is they just seem like the Sims 4 store to me, lol. No big deal I always liked new stuff for Sims 3. I really try to avoid the snark but sometimes must admit I can't help it.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited July 2016
    I agree, there are too many stuff packs. Everything that came in Romantic Garden, Perfect Patio, and Backyard Stuff could have come in one cohesive seasons expansion pack. That is, they could have come in an EP along with a lot of other season-related activities and objects, as well as interactions. They're nickel and diming things that were originally in EPs in earlier iterations of the game.

I want the TS4 to succeed, I really do. But they need to do better. I hope that all of the lackluster stuff packs have been a stop gap measure because the developers are working on something phenomenal for the next EP. Personally, GTW and GT were not my idea of great expansions. There were other things that I looked forward to so much more. So, here's hoping that the next EP is something more up my alley and, perhaps, for many others like me.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    meeoun wrote: »

I'll answer your questions regarding myself:
    1.) because TS4 plum so bad that I'd rather constantly post all the things I hate about it. Even after buying the base game, 2 SPs, 2 GPs and the lousey GTW EP.
    2.) I always thought that...if you really like something, you don't care what other people think or say about it. So why are you 'winded up' with jokes? Hmm, clearly it's not that bad here with your 7k posts, especially when the majority of them are defending this mess of a game.
    Why aren't you playing your game? <~~
    How's the Backyard SP coming along? Is the slide fun?
    ~~
    Thanks for getting our thread closed.

The reasons threads get closed is cause people end up talking about other players and not about the topic. don't want the topic closed, keep the discussion on the topic and ignore the side tracks.

Why are you even discussing her instead of the topic?