Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you Play the Sims 2 on Windows 8 or 10?

LadyPlaysTheSimsLadyPlaysTheSims Posts: 6 New Member
Hello One and all!

I hope all is well.

I have almost all of The Sims 2 expansion packs and stuff packs, and it played well on my old desktop that had Windows XP on it. Sometime last year, my desktop stopped working, and I was told by Geek Squad that I had to buy a new desktop tower. Even though I have almost all of TS2 games and expansion packs/stuff packs, I have no intention to sell my games or give them away to anyone; However; I am willing to buy a new desktop and I'm pretty sure that all Windows desktops have Windows 8 or 10. Is it possible to play The Sims 2 on Windows 8 or 10 or do my Sims 2 games have to go into retirement??? lol

Comments

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,940 Member
    I can play The Sims 2 and I have Windows 10.
    Yes, you can play it on windows 8 and 10, i'm very sure.
  • Options
    LadyPlaysTheSimsLadyPlaysTheSims Posts: 6 New Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    I can play The Sims 2 and I have Windows 10.
    Yes, you can play it on windows 8 and 10, i'm very sure.

Hey EgonVM,

Thank you so much. I appreciate it.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I just want to confirm, I have a windows 8 and it plays TS2 beautifully.
  • Options
    PandypinkPandypink Posts: 165 Member
    edited July 2016
    I play Sims 2 on Windows 10 and it works pretty good. Just a bit of lag when rooms are too crowded and usually when my game loads it freezes between the introduction cutscenes and the actual loading screen. All you have to do is click control+escape and then go back to the game for it to continue if you run into this problem :) I am using the digital Ultimate Collection though.
    Sims 3 Wishlist
  • Options
    NetteNette Posts: 205 Member
    Yes you can. If you don't have all the stuff packs etc you can download sims 2 ultimate collection for free on origin (completely legal).
    Some people get different issues like black sqares under the sims, but there are very easy ways to fix that.