Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't play sims 4

I am not sure if this is normal(as I usually am working on release days) but is it normal that I can not play sims 4? when I go to orgin it is blurred out so I can't click on play.
Could it possibly get uglier? I used to be a highly respected watcher, and now I'm a wounded dwarf with the mystical strength of a doily. I just wish I could sleep. - Rupert Giles

lpOEB4y.gif MeEUgvO.gif

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I am not sure. Can you click on it and check for updates? Maybe you missed the last one?
  • Options
    thelawtmanthelawtman Posts: 1,424 Member
    I am fully updated I was playing last night at like 1am. just this morning it will not let me play no matter what
    Could it possibly get uglier? I used to be a highly respected watcher, and now I'm a wounded dwarf with the mystical strength of a doily. I just wish I could sleep. - Rupert Giles

lpOEB4y.gif MeEUgvO.gif
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,614 Member
    Hello
    Shut down your computer completely. Start the computer again, then log in to origin and try to launch the game and see if that helps

If the issue still remains, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.
  • Options
    I have done all of that already, nothing seems to want to work

lpOEB4y.gif MeEUgvO.gif
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,614 Member
    Exit origin. Then right click on the origin icon on the desktop and click " run as administrator" and see if that helps.

If the issue remains, try uninstalling and reinstalling origin.
  • Options
    Done both of thus too, I have done everything thinking it was my computer.

lpOEB4y.gif MeEUgvO.gif
  • Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    Have you tried to regenerate your sims4 folder in my documents yet??
  • Options
    HyeionHyeion Posts: 522 Member
    @thelawtman You could Copy your saves/mods and stuff, and unnistall it? Maybe it works when you install again and paste your stuff.
    mfCdivN.gif

Origin ID: Hyeion
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I just logged in, and it won't let me play it either..........because it is updating.......installation complete.....now it shows it, I can play

Maybe your game got stuck with the update? I have not been in the game for a few days or so.
  • Options
    Hyeion wrote: »
    @thelawtman You could Copy your saves/mods and stuff, and unnistall it? Maybe it works when you install again and paste your stuff.

That is what I am doing now, just in the process of reinstalling it after I copied it all.

lpOEB4y.gif MeEUgvO.gif
  • Options
    MicemSimsMicemSims Posts: 463 Member
    I know this is off topic (sorry) but No Face is like a character from a nightmare for me. He gives me major creeps. :D If I met him in a dark alley I'd run for the hills, lol.

Hope you get your issue solved though!
  • Options
    DarkLady1979DarkLady1979 Posts: 3 New Member
    If the play button in Origin blurred out/is grey, just reinstall Origin itself, not the whole game.
  • Options
    HyeionHyeion Posts: 522 Member
    @thelawtman I hope it works!

And I love No Face, haha
    mfCdivN.gif

Origin ID: Hyeion
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    thelawtman wrote: »
    I am not sure if this is normal(as I usually am working on release days) but is it normal that I can not play sims 4? when I go to orgin it is blurred out so I can't click on play.

Yes, that happens when you are in "online" mode and haven't applied the patch. If you don't want to apply the patch just go into offline mode. It will also happen when a patch is running in the background.