Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Explorers of Time – Chapter 2 - The New Guild Recruits

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I adore Rennie! Can't wait to see what's in store for them!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Rennie is an energizer :D I like this guy ;) I think now the adventures will begin <3
  • Options
    WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    I love how Kara is like yeah okay with whatever Rennie says. It's like she cares but only because she's got nothing better to do. Plus she always keeps a straight face I love it!
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Rennie is so full of energy! His and Kara's more taken-back character really compliment each other <3
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    And so … Rennie and Kara … formed an exploration team. This truned out to be their very first step into many fantastic realms of adventure that awaited their arrival.

Chapter 2 - The New Guild Recruits

We arrived in front of a strange building. It remembered me a bit at a tent. Rennie turned to me and then to the entrance.
    “This place is Wigglytuff’s Guild. To from an exploration team, you need to register your team here. There you have to train until you become a first-rate exploration team. … Y-y-yikes! I still think this place is a bit weird. It just is! No…! I’ve got Kara with me this time. I have to be brave.”

74bBWxJ.png

Somehow it sounded much more as if Rennie was speaking to himself than to me. He breathed in and stepped on the hole in front of the entrance.
    “Human detected! Human detected!”
    “Who is it? Who is it?”
    “It is Rennie! It is Rennie!”
    At the sound of voices coming from underneath Rennie shrieked.
    “Waah! N-no. I have to tough it out …”
    “You may ENTER!
    Someone’s with you! So get the stranger to stand up THERE!”

bmcXtyp.png

It looked as if Rennie was finished. He stepped away and turned to me.
    “I think they’re talking about you, Kara. They said to stand up here.”
    ………… There’s a gate covering the hole …It’s made so that no one can fall through … Still, It’s really strange … It looked like it will tickle my feet or …

qEvmpja.png

“Hey, you! Stranger! Get on the GRATE!”
    With a strange feeling I went there.
    “Human detected! Human detected!”
    “Who is it? Who is is?”
    “It is … It is… Um … “
    I looked down to see what was going on there. I could make a figure out. It seemed as if he was thinking hard.

FWbVCPK.png

Mn62zck.png

“What’s the matter?! Sentry! Sentry?! What is wrong sentry Digda?”
    “Umm… Er … Umm… It is … It is a girl maybe umm …”
    “What?! MAYBE?!”
    “B-but… It is nobody I have seen here around … “
    “UGH! That is pretty crummy! Checking the visitors. That is your job, ISN’T it, Digda?”
    “Yes but …I don’t know what I don’t know.”
    Rennie seemed as irritated as I felt right now. With him everything went without problems.
    “Huh? Are they arguing?”
    Then the voice which didn’t seem to belong to Digda spoke again.
    “… Sorry to make you WAIT. Well, it’s TRUE that we haven’t seen you around in these parts … But you don’t SEEM to be bad … Ok, good enough! ENTER!”
    With a soft sound the doors opened. Rennie was so excited that he barely could stand still.
    “Yikes! I’m so nervous! So jittery! But I am glad we finally allowed in. My heart is still pounding, though … Anyway, let’s go.”

ZtXuanI.png

lVeKN2V.png

When we entered I was surprised. I thought there would be much more, but the room was empty except a way down.
    “Th-there’s a hatch that leads underground here!”
    Without much thinking I followed Rennie down. What other way should there be?

kNtxxtw.png

With glittering eyes Rennie looked around at the big room we landed.
    “Wow! So this is Wiggituff’s Guild! There sure are a lot of people here. Are they all exploration teams?”
    “Excuse me!“
    Before we could ask anyone or look around for ourselves we were interrupted by a voice.
    “It was you two that just came in, right? “
    Rennie answered for us. He seemed now even more nervous than before.
    “Y-yes!”
    “I’m Chatot! I’m the person in the know around these parts! I am Guildmaster Wiggos right-hand! Now, shoo! Leave the premises! We have no time for salespeople or silly surveys. Off you go, if you please!”

pQNbA82.png

“N-no! That is not why we’re here! We want to form an exploation team … So we came here. We want to get proper training as an exploration team. “
    “Wh-what?! Exploration team? “
    Chatot turned away from us and I guessed that he was speaking now more to himself than to us.
    “It is rare to see such young people like this want to apprentice at the guild. Especially given how hard our training is! Surely stream of people that run away from our rigorous training proves how true that is!”

dp6SVoh.png

Renniewas of course not dumb. He heard what Chatot had said.
    “Hey. Is the exploration team training really that strict?”
    “What?! Well …no! No, no ,no! It is not true in the slightest! Our training program for exploration teams is as easy as it can be! Well, well, well! I wish you had told me up front that you wanted to be an exploration team! He-heeee!”

1XDt6Nl.png

Rennie turned to me and whispered in my ear.
    “His attitude did an about-face …”
    However, Chatot did not hear it.
    “Ok! Let’s get your team signed up right away. Follow me!
    Oh, anything wrong? Come on! Over here! Quickly, please!”

7gfZ5QK.png

To my surprise there was a second underground floor. The guild was bigger than I thought. Chatot explained us that we would work here.
    “This is the guild’s second underground floor. This is mainly where the apprentices work. Team registration is this way. Come along, please. “

4H7Q3AO.png

Then Rennies gaze fell to the window.
    “Wow! We’re two floors under the ground, but you can see outside!”
    “Oh, please! Hush now! The guild id built into the side if a cliff. It’s only natural that you would be able to see outside.”
    “Oh.”

Ay1nWui.png

“Now, here we are at Guidlmaster Wiggos chamber. On no account … I repeat, on no account should you be discourteous to our Guildmaster. Guildmaster! It’s Chatot! I’m coming in!”
    We entered a small room. A man stood there but he didn’t turn around at the sound of the door.
    “Guildmaster! I present to you two persons who wish to join our guild as apprentices. Guildmaster… um… Guildmaster?”

npiy3NZ.png

Then he suddenly turned around and greeted us with a huge smile.
    “Hiya! I’m Wiggo! I’m the guild’s Guildmaster! You want to form an exploration team? Then, Let’s go for it! First we must register your exploration team.. Registering! Registering! All registered…
    YOOM…TAH!
    Congratulations! From now on, you’re an official exploration team! I present you with this in commemoration. “

Io0qGjT.png

Wiggo placed a box on the ground. On Rennies face I could see that he knew what this thing was.
    “An Exploration Team Kit?”
    “Yup. It’s that every exploration team needs. Quick, open it up.”
    In it was a wonder map, a treasure bag, Explorer Badge.
    “Yeah! There’s all sorts of good stuff in here!”
    Rennies eyes were shinning.
    “That’s your Explorer Badge! It’s your official team identification! And there’s the Wonder Map, which is a wonder of convenience! Finally, there’s a treasure Bag. It lets you carry items you find in dungeons. Your successes as an exploration team can lead to bigger and bigger space for your Treasure Bag. It’s a very wonderful bag!”
    “Th-thank you! We’ll do our best! “
    “Yup. But you are only apprenticing right now. So do your best … to train!”
    “We will! Let’s do this right, Kara!”

r4YNVBw.png

After our meeting with Wiggo, Chatot brought us to a different part of the guild.
    “This is your room! “
    “Wow! We get an own room!”
    “You will live here while you work for us. Things will start getting busy for you tomorrow! So rise early and start living to our code! Don’t stay up late. Get to sleep early tonight! That is all.”

eLEZQv4.png
    ––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

7KRySX6.png

Next to me Rennie was moving in his bed.
    “… Hey, are you still awake, Kara? My heart’s been pounding over every little thing today … But I’m glad I finally worked up the courage to come here. I thought Wiggo would be a lot scarier, but he seems pretty nice. Even though, tomorrow has all sorts of new stuff in store for us, I’m not scared at all! Actually, I’m excited about the new adventures we’ll face! Yawn …I’m getting sleepy … Let’s do our best tomorrow. All right then. Good night, Kara …”

2yvG3tA.png

Soon I heard the soft breaths of Rennie next to me.
    Um … Now I was suddenly apprenticing at the guild… I gotta admit, it’s pretty exciting to be in an exploration team. And it’s fun to be friends with Rennie… But first things first. Who was I? How had I turned into a human? How had I ended up unconscious on the beach? I was feeling sleepy too … Well, thinking about it won’t help right now. I’d better focus on the guild’s work for now … If I do that, well, everything should become clear eventually … I’ll surely get to the bottom of this in time.

rJRjE7z.png
  • Options
    Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Love it :) Can't wait for more :blush:
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • Options
    WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    Yes it's back! Kara and Rennie have returned to us! Finished reading the chapter realizing I'll have to wait again. Dang! But in all realness im glad it got an update it must be hard keeping up with all these different stories so don't work too hard!
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    So nice to read this story once again! Can't wait to see what kind of adventures they'll get in to :)
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    Love it :) Can't wait for more :blush:

Thx :) It is just a bit exhausting to write this story cause I play the game while I write the dialouges down. then I take the screenshots if I have already everything build for it and finally add a few things to the already written. The good thing is that it is nothing where I have to think a lot about so updating this is not much creative work :) More will come soon
    WitcHazard wrote: »
    Yes it's back! Kara and Rennie have returned to us! Finished reading the chapter realizing I'll have to wait again. Dang! But in all realness im glad it got an update it must be hard keeping up with all these different stories so don't work too hard!

Yeah it is sometimes hard. The next update will be at Angel in the darkness, then my Amazons and then I guess I could write here the next chapter.
    So nice to read this story once again! Can't wait to see what kind of adventures they'll get in to :)

I really like the story of this game. I bet you will like it too :)
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    It's so good to read your stories again, @Marialein :) I'm curious myself what happened to Kara and why she can't remember anything ;)