Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Explorers of Time – Chapter 2 - The New Guild Recruits

Comments

• MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    edited August 2016
    Chapter 1.1 - A Storm at sea

The wind was howling around the cliffs. The rain fell down in heavy drops and covered nearly the whole sight. The sea water let the eyes burn from the salt. The dark thundery clouds took every light away. Between the darkness one or two single lightnings let the sky shine in an alarming yellow which showed the power behind this element.

sL3Ajpg.jpg

"Whoa! Wh-wh-whoah …!"
    "Are … Are you okay?!"

Another lightning made its way through the heavy clouds. The electricity could be nearly tasted. Then it left nothing but the darkness again.

6uTRfy7.jpg

"No! Don't let go!"
    "Just a little longer … Come on! Hang on!"

Again. Again the sky showed one of its powerful lightnings.

jKj6Ete.jpg

"N-n-no! I can't … hold on …!"
    "Waaahhhh!!"

56AGvMI.jpg

FjF6SIL.jpg

nwhaPHz.jpg

……………………………
    ……………………………
    Urrgh …

"Where …"
    "… Where am I?"

nsP13kl.jpg

"… I can't … Drifting off …"

AvXaNdE.jpg
  • WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    If I had to wake up on a island with amnesia I'd find comfort in knowing I had some sort of fashion sense I mean those boots though!
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    WitcHazard wrote: »
    If I had to wake up on a island with amnesia I'd find comfort in knowing I had some sort of fashion sense I mean those boots though!

I have a feeling that a lack of fashion sense is going to be the least of her problems now.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    OMG!! EPIC and sigh she is adorbs <3 - You did an excellent job with the poster and these screenshots - you are pretty incredible at sucking people in and keeping them wanting more.
  • Ruby10990Ruby10990 Posts: 491 Member
    The nostalgia of playing Pokemon mystery dungeon is coming back to me, and it feels great! You did a great job with the setting, especially the cliff!

I think those boots fit well for a parallel univers. In real life I wouldn't wear them either :D
    Maladi777 wrote: »

I have a feeling that a lack of fashion sense is going to be the least of her problems now.

That could be. But I can say that she is not alone with her fashion sense ;)
    VIRTUALEE wrote: »
    OMG!! EPIC and sigh she is adorbs <3 - You did an excellent job with the poster and these screenshots - you are pretty incredible at sucking people in and keeping them wanting more.

Yiips. Thank you so much. <3
    Ruby10990 wrote: »
    The nostalgia of playing Pokemon mystery dungeon is coming back to me, and it feels great! You did a great job with the setting, especially the cliff!

That was my goal :) That cliff was really exhaustig to build. You will see later more of it. By the way the thunderstorm looked like the last landscape picture before I used photoshop ;)
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    These pictures... <3 As always you did a great work @Marialein, I love it...
    Someone doesn't like these boots? Too bad as I like them so much! :D I wear boots a lot myself and I'm gonna buy new boots in some goth shop when I'll move in Germany :D
  • Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Aww... I was Mariko, but oh well, I'm sure I'll fall in love with Kara too because you write them so well! And awesome first update! :)
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • LluviaRainLluviaRain Posts: 2,199 Member
    I was Kara for nearly all of the questions! Also, the first chapter is amazing @Marialein <3
    Not sure what to put here... so hi
  • CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    Awesome start! I love your work with screenshots here.

And I'm really glad we ended up with shy, bookish type (I'm really sorry I wasn't around to vote, but at least I can see that my votes wouldn't affect the results at all :lol: ) So yay for Kara! And yay for this story - I've never played pokemon mystery dungeon, so I'm super excited to see where this is going.
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    So glad this is finally starting!!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    I loved the start, very mysterious! Can't wait to see what comes next.
    These pictures... <3 As always you did a great work @Marialein, I love it...
    Someone doesn't like these boots? Too bad as I like them so much! :D I wear boots a lot myself and I'm gonna buy new boots in some goth shop when I'll move in Germany :D

Ah thanks <3 I try my best to stay close to the original but some thing will be of course just from me.
    In the sim world I think the boots are really fitting. For myself not really … have fun with shopping then. I hope you find something right ;)
    Aww... I was Mariko, but oh well, I'm sure I'll fall in love with Kara too because you write them so well! And awesome first update! :)

This is the reason why I wanted to give you all the questions with the girls to each answer. It is nice to see who my readers where and what the majority got. And of course thanks :)
    cupcake12 wrote: »
    I was Kara for nearly all of the questions! Also, the first chapter is amazing @Marialein <3

Looks like we have the right girl then ;) And of course thank you :)
    Awesome start! I love your work with screenshots here.

And I'm really glad we ended up with shy, bookish type (I'm really sorry I wasn't around to vote, but at least I can see that my votes wouldn't affect the results at all :lol: ) So yay for Kara! And yay for this story - I've never played pokemon mystery dungeon, so I'm super excited to see where this is going.

Don't worry about not being around to vote. We got a result and my experiment (and the way the game really starts) worked well. The screenshots were really a bit of work. I mean we don't have weather after all ;)
    So glad this is finally starting!!

I am glad too. I was so looking forward to finally start.
    anaitapeva wrote: »
    I loved the start, very mysterious! Can't wait to see what comes next.

First time I played the game I was really confused about the start but it should get clear with the story progressing.
    Such a mysterious start!

Yes it is ;)
    Chapter 1.2 - A Storm at sea

Rennie stood in front of the guild. Today was the day. It had to be the day.
    Nervous he walked up and down. He was afraid to make this step but it was time. He wanted this so badly. This was his biggest dream.

,No. I refuse to be paralysed by this any longer! No more wimping out. I have to be brave today.’

SV3l1ma.png

Rennie took one deep breath and walked on the glass platform. Then he could hear voices from underneath.

“Human detected! Human detected!”
    “Who is it? Who is it?”
    “It is Rennie! It is Rennie!”

GFsIUE6.png

Surprised by this Rennie staggered back to the save ground.

,Ah! That shocked me’

Rennie sighed. There was always a reason why he couldn’t do this.

,… I can’t …I can’t push myself to go in after all. I said myself that this is the day, but …’

y5ITvsT.png

Rennie put a strange stone out of his pocket. He liked to look at it.

,I thought that holding on to my personal treasure would inspire me …
    But I just can’t do it. I am such a coward …
    This is so discouraging… ‘

lmt9BO3.jpg

Then he took his treasure and went away.

s62XxU5.png

Rennie didn’t know that he had been watched by two guys.

“Hey, Zubat. Did you get a load of that?!
    “You bet I did, Smogo.”
    “That little wimp that was pacing around … had something good, right?”
    “That wimp had something, that’s for sure. It looked like kind of a treasure.”
    “Do we go after it?”
    “We do.”
    law3Rga.png
    ––––––––––––––

The sun was setting already and Rennie walked to the beach. The sight was amazing.

,Wow! What an impressive sight!
    When the weather is good, the kids like to go outside at sundown to blow bubbles … All those bubbles, catching the setting sun’s rays off the waves … It’s always impressive.
    …………………………
    This is where I always end up when I’m feeling sorry for myself. But it makes me feel good to be here, like always. Coming here cheers me up.’

kIE911R.jpg

Suddenly something caught Rennies attention. Something that wasn’t as usual. He turned his head to this direction.

,Hey, … what is that? What is going on there?’

EI9A33U.png

Then he realised that someone collapsed on the sand. It was a young girl with milky skin and bright shinning hair. Rennie went closer to her. He kneed down to her and tried to wake her softly.

“What happened? Are you okay?”

VeXMaoC.png

––––––––––

I opened my eyes. The yellow-orange light of the sunset got in my eyes. First I couldn’t see anything. It was too bright. But then I could see a silhouette in front of me. It was a young man, maybe still a boy. He kneed in front of me and looked pretty worried at me. I didn’t know him. He had shinning bright blue eyes and black hair. His brown skin showed me that he liked to me outside. Then I saw my surrounding. I had no idea where I was. … ugh … I slowly moved my body and stood up.

VMheORf.png

“Great! You are awake!”
    The boy really seemed to be glad that i was okay.

My gaze went to the sea. Where … where was I? I really didn’t know.

The boy continued speaking.

“You weren’t moving. You really had me worried there! How long did you wind up passed out here?”

Wait. I passed out? What happened? I couldn’t remember anything …

“Anyway, I’m Rennie. Glad to meet you! So who might you be? I don’t think I’ve see your face around here. “

“I am an Anvees.”

I didn’t know why I just said it like that but I guess that was possibly the reason why he couldn’t have seen me around here. We normally didn’t live together with human.

“Huh? You say you’re an Anvees? You look like a normal human to me!”

LfmgbDj.png

I looked down at myself and I couldn’t believe it. I turned into a human! Instead of my light blue skin I had now a very bright human skin. I even didn’t wear my normal cloths anymore. The only thing that stayed the same was my hair color. It was still as bright as the light of the moon. But how had this happened? I didn’t remember anything …

8fmcbPC.png

“You are … a little odd … Are you pulling some kind of trick on me?”

I shook my head. I really didn’t want to play a trick on Rennie. What I had said was the truth, no matter how crazy it might sound.

“You are telling the truth? Ok, then what’s your name? What do you call yourself?”

My name? It was hard to remember but deep inside my mind was still a name. My name.

“My name is … Kara.”

rZPdsfE.png

“Oh, Kara is your name? Ok. Well, you don’t seem to be a dangerous human, at least. Sorry that I doubted you. More and more bad people have been turning up lately, you see! A lot of human have started being aggressive lately. Things have gotten wild for some reason … “

Then I saw two figures coming to us from behind but before I could say something to Rennie they pushed him roughly in the sand.

IgJeW0M.png

bZAt1vO.png

Rennie made a sound of pain but he stood up again. I felt so sorry for him. Why did those plums do that?

The one with the pink hair started to speak with his voice full of disdain.

“Well, I do beg your pardon.”

Rennie then lashed at those two.

“Hey! Why did you do that?!”

Then the one with the blue hair spoke.

“Heh-heh-heh! Can’t figure it out? We wanted to mess with you! Can’t face us, can you?!”

Ritx9P3.png

Now I really felt sorry for Rennie. How could they be so cruel to him? He didn’t do anything, did he?

“Wh-what?!”

“That’s yours, isn’t it?”

In that moment I saw that a stone with a strange pattern fell out of Rennies pocket. The two strangers looked greedy at it.

“Hey! That’s …!”

But Rennie was interrupted by the blue haired man.

“Sorry kiddo. We’ll take that!”

The pink haired guy, who looked like a gas balloon around his hips, spoke than again.
    “Whoa-ho-ho! Not gonna make a move to get that back? What’s the matter? Too scared? I didn’t expect that you’d be such a big coward!”

Then he looked at his campaign and spoke to him.

“Come on. Let’s get out of here, Zubat.”

Zubat took the chance before they went away to offend Rennie one last time.

“See you around, chicken. Heh-heh-heh.”

tSvCRDj.png

Then they finally went away.
    Rennie looked really agitated and I could understand that.

“… Ohhh … Wh-what should I do? That is my personal treasure. It means everything to me. If I lose that … "

kF9Hlwo.png

"No! There is no time to waste! I have to get it back!”

Then I saw how his eyes looked hopeful at me.

“Will you help me?”

3jTI2oC.png

Note: Because I changed the pokemon into human I had to think of something else to go with. An Anvees is in the sim world an alien but here it is a different kind of human. They live separated from human and normally they don't interact with each other. That is why Rennie was so surprised and he didn't want to believe Kara this.
  • Ruby10990Ruby10990 Posts: 491 Member
    I like the direction you took when converting the Pokemon into humans! I'm going to guess Smogo is german for koffing, yet zubat is the same in German and English. By the way, is there a Pokemon equivalent for Rennie and Kara?
  • WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    Aw! Tennis is so cute! Also are Anvees those type of people who think there better than humans or treated like sub humans?
    edited August 2016
    Ruby10990 wrote: »
    I like the direction you took when converting the Pokemon into humans! I'm going to guess Smogo is german for koffing, yet zubat is the same in German and English. By the way, is there a Pokemon equivalent for Rennie and Kara?

Smogon is the German version of Koffing. I actually turned my game into English and know now the names. I just wanted to use the German version cause I thought this would fit him better. :) (Also with this I still have a connection to pokemon but the English players can see the German versions as a name). For Rennie and Kara there isn't an equal pokemon to them. I just made them and thought that they could fit :blush:
    Aw! Tennis is so cute! Also are Anvees those type of people who think there better than humans or treated like sub humans?

Anvees are a complete different culture. They live far away from human and they normally aren't in contact to them but this is more because their cultures are just very different. Anvees are a kind of human they neither think that they are better nor are they seen as sub humans.
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    I know nothing about Pokemon, I just love your story and follow it :D
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member

Same here. :smiley:
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Maladi777 wrote: »

Same here. :smiley:

Quite. Me too. :)
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Will this get an update? Loving the beginning!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Chapter 1.3 - A storm at sea

I couldn't let Rennie down. I had to say yes. We would get Rennies treasure back from those mean guys.
    "Really?! You will help me? Th-thank you! Let’s go quickly!"

We followed the two men in a cave in the cliff near the beach.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

We entered the cave and were surrounded by darkness. The air was full of damp. It was silent except the sound of the waves crashing against the cliff. I turned around to ask Rennie where we were now but he gave me a sign to be quiet.
    "Down here are living some bad people. We should stay silent to not accidentally meet one of them."

ClEfuSI.jpg

We arrived soon at the deepest point of the cave. We had to hide sometimes to not get discovered but we made it in the end. Down here the cave opened again and you could see the sea and even the sky. The laguna was surrounded by red stones holding back the flood. There in the middle the two guys were standing as if they hadn't done anything.

A bit unsure Rennie yelled at them.
    "Uh… Hey!"

hnNAuov.jpg

Smogo reacted first to Rennie.
    "Well, well …If it isn’t our old friend, the big chicken."
    Rennie swallowed down his fear and tried to be brave.
    "Give me …Give me back what you stole from me! That is my personal treasure! It means everything to me!"
    Immediately Zubats eyes lit up and you could see how greedy he was.
    "Treasure, you say? So that thing really is valuable, huh ?"
    "It could be worth more than we’d hoped for, I’d say. We ought to try selling it. Who knows, Zubat? It might get a good price. Whoa-ho-ho! All the more reason not to give it back!"

5dsGzfD.jpg

I felt so sorry for Rennie when I saw his shocked face. He took all his strength together to follow Zubat and Smogo and now they still didn't want to give him his treasure back.
    "Whaaaat?!"
    Zubat smiled at Rennie. He was convinced to win.
    "You want it back that badly … Come and get it! Heh-heh-heh!"

Ea4gy15.jpg

Rennie turned around to me. He whispered over his shoulder.
    "Kara, are you ready to fight?"

S3ps5Pi.jpg

First I was shocked that Rennie really wanted to do this but I wouldn't let him down. I nodded and took my hands up.

s61An61.jpg

TISIO6v.jpg

Quicker than we both thought we managed to knock Zubat and Smogo out. They sat now on the ground clearly surprised that we even fought. Just words and nothing behind as it seemed.
    "Owowow …"
    "Ugh… We got roughed up …"

rKqLdDb.jpg

They got up but pretty slowly. Smogo was the first to complain about their situation.

"B-blast it … How’d ever get wiped out by two wimps like them?"
    "Bah! Here you go. Take it, then!"
    Zubat took the relic fragment out of his pocket and placed it in the sand.
    "Whoa-ho! Don’t think you’re so awesome. Your victory was a fluke!"
    "Yeah, you just remember that!"

51Yl44j.jpg

Then they walked away leaving us alone.
    Rennie took his treasure back and turned around to me.
    "Oh! It’s my Relic Fragment! Am I ever glad … I actually managed to get it back. It’s because you were there to help me, Kara. Thanks, Kara!"

DgYD3ML.jpg
    ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Back at the beach

"Really, thank you!"

I only had helped because I happened to be there … Had that been the right thing to do? I guess so. This human was clearly grateful. It was nice to be appreciated.

FfP2Rd1.jpg

Rennie put the stone out and placed it in the sand so that I could see it better.

"Here’s what they stole. I call it my Relic Fragment. It is my one treasure! You see, I’ve always liked legends and lore … I always get so excited when I hear tales from the past! Don’t you feel the same way? Hidden troves full of treasure and strange relics … "

His gaze got dreamy and he turned his face to the ocean.

dLHXxdV.jpg

"… uncharted territories veiled in darkness … and new lands just waiting to be discovered! Such places must be full of gold and treasure! And history! Wouldn’t it be amazing to make historic discoveries? I always dream about that. It’s all exciting to me. So one day … I happened to find something … My Relic Fragment. Sure it looks like junk, but take a closer look … "

"See? See that strange pattern inscribed on it? "

It’s true. There was a strange inscription. I had never seen a pattern like this.

lmt9BO3.jpg

"This pattern must have some meaning to it. I’m sure of it. This Relic Fragment must be the key to legendary places! To areas where precious treasures lies! At least that’s the feeling I get. That’s why I wanted to join the exploration team. This fragment must fit into something … somewhere! I want to discover where that is. I want to solve the mystery of my Relic Fragment! So earlier, I tried joining an exploration team as an apprentice …"

For a moment he looked sad.

"But… I chickened out."

But then he looked happy again when he turned around to me.

"What about you, Kara? What are you going to do now? You lost your memory. And you somehow transformed into a human … Do you have anywhere to go and stay after this? If not, can I ask you a big favor? Would you join me to make an exploration team? I think you and I would make a good exploration team, Kara.So how about it? Come on, please?"

HlRoUpr.jpg

Wah! What should I do? I was getting recruited out of the blue! I didn’t know what an exploration team was … What should I do? Should I join this human and form an exploration team?
    It was true, I did have nowhere to go … I didn’t have any clue what I should do next. I guessed it wouldn’t hurt to team up with Rennie for now. Maybe I would eventually discover who or what I was by hanging out with this human. Ok! That was settled!

pqaAzpF.jpg

I told Rennie my decision

"Yeah? Really?! You’ll form an exploration team with me? Yahoo! Thanks! We’re going to make a great combination! Let’s make this work! First let’s go to Wigglytuff’s place and sign up as apprentices. That’s where we can train to become a proper exploration team. I think the training will be really tough … But let’s give it our best, Kara!"

bmjLkXt.jpg
  • anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    Rennie is so talkative! LOL :) They will form a nice team.