Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Since patch 1.21.32 - Unable to buy anything in buy mode - even with $1,000,000 Simoleons!

s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
So I downloaded some new cc. Created a new family- and went to play. Upon entering my new lot, I set out to build. Only couldn't afford anything. I noticed my simoleons were $22,000 so I thought that was weird. I tried 'motherloding' it.. the funds increased in the corner, but even with $1,000,000 simoleons - everything in buy mode and build mode remain red. When I click on anything it says "insufficient funds" ...I thought it was my cc- so I took the entire folder out and the issue remains. Basically its made my game completely UNPLAYABLE -.- I can play existing families with no issues whatsoever- but I cannot play any new families. PS- Sorry if there is already a post about this, I couldn't find it if there was.

Comments

• Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited July 2016
    @s_stutler
    it's probably your new CC
    there are MANY CC & mods which are meantime not compatible

try to find out with the 50/50 method which CC is/are disrupting your game

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • Options
    Thank you for your replies. But I do repeat, I took my Mods folder out of my game completely and the issue still remains. I tried repairing it and it deleted my entire mods folder... i'm ready to throw my computer out the window at this point. Oh. And the issue is still not resolved. I can say I have tested it a little more. I have 0 mods in my game. I have 0 cc in my game. I am unable to make a new family and move them into a blank lot and buy or build anything. I can make a new family and move them into an already made house with no issues at all. I can also play existing families that are already in the town. If I use a family that isn't in the town, but that I didn't make, the issue remains. I thought it might be the lot, so I tried to replace it with another home. No resolve... and atm I am trying to restore my Mods folder.. which contained cc from the last 2 years in upwards of 5GB D: -crying in a corner-
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Hello
    Did you return your mods folder to the sims 4 folder before repairing? If you didn't, the mods folder will still be where you placed it.

Did you try resetting the sims 4 folder, and if you did, was the issue still there in the new save game?
  • Options
    I haven't tried resetting the folder as I have no interest to play my game without my cc. Right now I am trying to recover that folder before I do anything else. I personally find TS4 very boring and bland without my cc..and if I can't recover this folder, it might be years before I play it again. LOL. -still crying- .. I'm really not sure what happened to it. I put it in the Sims 4 Testing Folder, there was another folder called Mods as well.. it was from the last time I had an issue with cc - I asked to re-write it, I said no. I moved that one, and placed the other one. I opened my game, the issue remained without any cc.. I exited and put my folder back, but when I loaded it up, there wasn't any cc. I exited out and opened the folder and it was completely empty! ::( I thought at first I might have replaced it with the other folder, but there were some files in that folder, so I know that's not what I did, if that was what I did, I would have the older downloaded cc- but the folder is completely empty.. ::(
  • Options
    Try checking your recycling bin and see if the mods folder is there.

If you have Windows 10, you might be able to restore a previous state of the mods folder. Right click on the mods folder.then click Properties, then pick the tab Previous Versions
  • Options
    ...I'm about to do a system restore to find this folder... if it doesn't work, I'm going back to TS3 until the next patch. I know the games misbehavior is nothing I did. I know its nothing I installed or any mods or cc I have. It's the game itself, which is disheartening, the only time I even play TS4 is when I don't have a ton of time and want to play Sims. I boot up TS3 and I'm playing for days on end. I boot up TS4 and I play maybe 2 hours. If the system restore works, then I will try the above suggestion, if not, idc about the game by itself, its boring and bland and I will have to download about a years worth of content before I find it enjoyable again unfortunately.

-disclaimer: all above statements are of my own free will and of my own opinion, I am not attacking how others may feel about the game themselves, this is how I feel -end of disclaimer.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
  • Options
    I was hopeful. But it didn't work. I found a Mods folder in my recycle bin after the restore that wasn't there before, but its empty. Thanks for replying and being hopeful with me, but that folder is gone, along with all the mods of the past 2 (?-however long the game has been out) years and with it my desire to play. I don't care if the game works at all now. :'( Thanks for your tips, maybe in a few months or (or years) I'll look back on this convo and reset my folder, but for now I just want to crawl under a rock.. I'm sitting here right now trying to remember all the cc that I played with the most and drawing a complete blank. smh :'(
  • Options
    For the record and to help anyone else who might have this issue in the future, I tried resetting the folder, the issue seems to be fixed.. but idk how to get my game back how it was. I keep getting an error every time I try and replace the files, I do not get a "replacement" option and if I delete and then try and place, the option to paste goes away. I give up. Like I said, my desire to play is gone. The game is broke. And I'm starting all over... :'(
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    s_stutler wrote: »
    For the record and to help anyone else who might have this issue in the future, I tried resetting the folder, the issue seems to be fixed.. but idk how to get my game back how it was. I keep getting an error every time I try and replace the files, I do not get a "replacement" option and if I delete and then try and place, the option to paste goes away. I give up. Like I said, my desire to play is gone. The game is broke. And I'm starting all over... :'(

When you reset the sims 4 folder, were new save, tray, etc folders generated in the new sims 4 folder? If they were, delete the newly generated "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" and "custom music " folders . Then copy back into the new sims 4 folder your old " saves" , "screenshots" "tray" and "custom music " folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • Options
    Ok. I found my mods folder! It was hiding in another random Sims file way into the game... Codec? I think was the file. I have no idea how it got there, I probably dropped it on accident, or something, either way idc honestly, I'm just SO HAPPY I found it! That could have been what was bonking my game ... but I am going to go ahead and take this new fresh game I created and call it AMAZING. Although, was there ever a fix for all the annoying suggestions every 2.5 seconds? LOL :) Thanks for all your help. I appreciate it! Off to make a new town, with all my amazing content that I thought was gone forever -skips joyfully-
  • Options
    As I wait for my DLC to find its way to my backup folders, I wanted to share what this experience has taught me - Backup everything. Upon finding my Mods folder, I copied it and immediately tucked it away into its own little corner of my computer, with a password protected entry! I can now say that I have 1,985 pieces of DLC for TS4.. and while I was backing up TS4, I might as well backup TS3 and TS2 while I was at it. I had recently merged all my TS3 content together, I think I had around 8,000 items.. something like that, either way it was bogging my game (another thing that slowness might be caused by) but the real kicker? I have 8,727 pieces of DLC for TS2 .... good plum. I think I have an addiction to DLC. HAHAHAHA! But the reason I came back and shared this, is so hopefully someone else can avoid all the emotions I felt last night, and back up their DLC before they get into my predicament. Because its really no fun to think that you have to re-download everything that makes you happy when you play a game! So- if you're reading this. Stop right now. Exit your game. And save your DLC folder into a backup folder, even if you have a backup folder, make another one and put it somewhere where its not related to Sims, with a password, because I tell you what - you don't know how much you love something, until its gone. Hopefully someone learns from my mistake, I know I did !
  • Options
    BlackQueen12BlackQueen12 Posts: 51 Member
    Wish I had found this before I deleted 4,559 files of CC, and what is sad is I had only been playing for three months at the time...smh
  • Options
    Wish I had found this before I deleted 4,559 files of CC, and what is sad is I had only been playing for three months at the time...smh

Hello @BlackQueen
    Did you lose your cc files or did you delete the files as a result of your game not working?