Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When are we going to be REALLY HAPPY about a pack?

Comments

• Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,910 Member
    Here's what I'd want

Pets
    Screenshot-102_zpshmtbx1ha.jpg
    Screenshot-23-4_zpscf00d15c.jpg

And toddlers and pets
    Screenshot-8-11_zps7d8f105c.jpg
    Screenshot-184-1_zpscfadd2c4.jpg

And FIRE!! Hahahaha BURN!!!
    Screenshot-49-3_zps0c6df6d6.jpg

And oh yeah, this
    Screenshot-233-2_zpse85faa47.jpg

They add all this to a pack (especially that last one) I'll go out and buy 5 copies.

I had to go into the cobwebs of my long forgotten Photobucket to find these pictures.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @friendlyone20 Good pics :smile:

Just as well you can do all that in TS3 ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @friendlyone20 Good pics :smile:

Just as well you can do all that in TS3 ;)

True but they asked when people will be happy about a pack in Sims 4 not Sims 3 LOL and thank you.
  • Options
    @friendlyone20 Maybe we will get that in the base game of TS5 instead ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @friendlyone20 Maybe we will get that in the base game of TS5 instead ;)

Lol we can only hope.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I'll take 20 of that last one. I'll throw my money at them without counting it :smiley:
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,612 Member
    edited July 2016
    When I myself feel like I got what I paid for with this game.
    Post edited by Briana2425 on
  • Options
    HermaiHermai Posts: 366 Member
    I would prefer "quality over quantity" if TS4 wasn't so devoid of... well, everything. And so limited.

This game needs EPs badly.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    The Sims 2 was part of a different era in computer games. Back then, yes it was about money and always has been. But it was also about Innovation. I haven't seen anything truly innovative in game design since at least 2008.

Innovation = reaching the limit of what can be done in a programmed game.

The Sims 2 was a technical achievement really. Now it's just the standard and theres no reason to reach for the stars because it's selling well enough :) Actually the program got more simplified. Streamlined, yes. But simplified as well. The nuance isn't there as much either.

You should check out No Man's Sky. It's a game that is very innovated. But yes I agree about long lasting series not finding the right balance when trying to reinvent themselves, yet still being relative to their existing audiences lately. It's something a gaming friend of mine noticed too. He's been disappointed in a lot of series he has been a fan of for years.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ravamaileravamaile Posts: 168 Member
    I wouldn't believe in the whole "quality over quantity" thing. Remember that patch with unisex CAS? I was said that it took one year to develop. And still it was far from perfect, far from even "good" (triangle breasts!). If they really take their time with polishing an EP it will be longer than 1 year, even 2.
    If people were not interested in what we were making we wouldn't continue what we are making. Our data shows us differently. (c) - @SimGuruDrake (LINK)
    Complexity is our enemy when building The Sims, so we look for any opportunity to keep it down. (c) - @SimGuruMax (LINK)
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited July 2016
    ravamaile wrote: »
    I wouldn't believe in the whole "quality over quantity" thing. Remember that patch with unisex CAS? I was said that it took one year to develop. And still it was far from perfect, far from even "good" (triangle breasts!). If they really take their time with polishing an EP it will be longer than 1 year, even 2.

It didn't take one year to develop.

RF : "We started talking about expanding Create A Sim around a year ago"
    LP : "It’s something we started doing little bits at a time and started work in earnest about six months ago."

Source
  • Options

So a decent and polished EP 3 won't be here until 2018 then?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Neia wrote: »

LP : "It’s something we started doing little bits at a time and started work in earnest about six months ago."

Source

Oh, thank you for the source.

But still it's 6 month, which is a lot. Also, they decided to release it half-baked (like the base game, too), so I doubt that they will suddenly change their approach and actually polish the update.

There will be the third EP in late 2016/early 2017, but neither polished nor decent. Considering the decency of the base game, I wouldn't hope for that.
    If people were not interested in what we were making we wouldn't continue what we are making. Our data shows us differently. (c) - @SimGuruDrake (LINK)
    Complexity is our enemy when building The Sims, so we look for any opportunity to keep it down. (c) - @SimGuruMax (LINK)
  • Options

Source

But still it's 6 month, which is a lot. Also, they decided to release it half-baked (like the base game, too), so I doubt that they will suddenly change their approach and actually polish the update.

There will be the third EP in late 2016/early 2017, but neither polished nor decent. Considering the decency of the base game, I wouldn't hope for that.

We don't know what else is in the work at the moment, but odds are this CAS update wasn't the only thing being worked on during these 6 months. And the fact that they explicitely said this update wasn't perfect shows it's an exception and not the rule. If it was the quality they are used to release, they wouldn't have said anything and just released it like everything else.

They are polishing this CAS update too, the latest patch included a bunch of fixes for some assets.
  • Options

Source

We don't know what else is in the work at the moment, but odds are this CAS update wasn't the only thing being worked on during these 6 months. And the fact that they explicitely said this update wasn't perfect shows it's an exception and not the rule. If it was the quality they are used to release, they wouldn't have said anything and just released it like everything else.

They are polishing this CAS update too, the latest patch included a bunch of fixes for some assets.

It's understandable that the CAS thing wasn't the only thing being developed. The fact is that they released the half-baked feature, no matter what words they used. Another fact is that they released the half-baked base game. Yes, we are still getting updates with gardeneres, nannies, pools etc, but it's been a long time since the base was released. They are not going to do it with just an expansion pack. It won't be decent, it won't be perfect. Although it's been said that they don't have strict schedules, they do have some time constraints which they won't tell us about.

Thank you for mentioning fixes. I should probably check them.
  • Options

Source

It's understandable that the CAS thing wasn't the only thing being developed. The fact is that they released the half-baked feature, no matter what words they used. Another fact is that they released the half-baked base game. Yes, we are still getting updates with gardeneres, nannies, pools etc, but it's been a long time since the base was released. They are not going to do it with just an expansion pack. It won't be decent, it won't be perfect. Although it's been said that they don't have strict schedules, they do have some time constraints which they won't tell us about.

Thank you for mentioning fixes. I should probably check them.

Well I think the base game wasn't half-baked personally, so I guess our mileage vary and what we think is a good EP probably does to. But it won't be perfect, that's for sure, nothing is ever perfect ;)

These fixes are things that were mentionned on this forum (in this thread). If you find any bugs, you should report them, they are definitely listening and acting quick :)
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I'm frustrated. I do like stuff packs. But they are just drips of content which are not giving players the BIG things they are desperate for. It's like living in a drought and only getting a light shower when you really need a flood.

There is a lot of content I'm missing and I'm being as patient as I can, but I'm increasingly feeling stuck in my rotation because I need so many features to return. (Not bored... stuck. There's a difference. Just to be clear.) I feel like I have a lot of content for certain households, but then hardly anything for others, so how do I play them when I get to them in my rotation? The long waits between larger packs are getting very difficult to bare now.

I don't understand it. I want them to take the time to develop features properly and make them really detailed and interesting. It's not like I want them to rush things. But surely they realise that there are a lot of us sat here who want certain features and are willing to pay for them, and they could be making a lot of money if they maybe increased the size of the team a little and gave us two expansions a year.

Dear Gurus. Make me University/Superstar/Apartment Life/Farming/Seasons expansions and I will give you money. Thank you. :D

I feel like this business-customer relationship could be much more straightforward than it is. :'(
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Quality over quantity????

We are getting quantity in terms of SPs!!!
    We are not getting neither quality nor quantity in terms of EPs!!

So what quality over quantity you guys are talking about?

They should ease on SPs and work hard to at least produce 2 EPs a year

2 EPs
    2 GPs
    2 SPs

and that will make the release every other month. One month free stuff, the other month paid stuff. Concentrate on quality and things will be good.

Releasing SP after SP is not what expands the sims. The addition of few beautiful hairs, clothes will not change the game.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    I'm frustrated. I do like stuff packs. But they are just drips of content which are not giving players the BIG things they are desperate for. It's like living in a drought and only getting a light shower when you really need a flood.

There is a lot of content I'm missing and I'm being as patient as I can, but I'm increasingly feeling stuck in my rotation because I need so many features to return. (Not bored... stuck. There's a difference. Just to be clear.) I feel like I have a lot of content for certain households, but then hardly anything for others, so how do I play them when I get to them in my rotation? The long waits between larger packs are getting very difficult to bare now.

I don't understand it. I want them to take the time to develop features properly and make them really detailed and interesting. It's not like I want them to rush things. But surely they realise that there are a lot of us sat here who want certain features and are willing to pay for them, and they could be making a lot of money if they maybe increased the size of the team a little and gave us two expansions a year.

Dear Gurus. Make me University/Superstar/Apartment Life/Farming/Seasons expansions and I will give you money. Thank you. :D

I feel like this business-customer relationship could be much more straightforward than it is. :'(

Thank you. That is exactly how I feel too. I don't mind the release of many SPs if this will not affect EPs, but when it does and it seems it is then yes I mind that.

If your team is not big enough to work on the bigger projects then cancel/delay some of the small ones and work all together on the big one.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options

2 EPs
    2 GPs
    2 SPs

and that will make the release every other month. One month free stuff, the other month paid stuff. Concentrate on quality and things will be good.

Releasing SP after SP is not what expands the sims. The addition of few beautiful hairs, clothes will not change the game.

Do we really ? In number of SPs, perhaps, but in money spent, far from it ! I recently made the maths in another thread that it took 24 months in TS2 until we spent $80 on SPs, 22 months in TS3 and 20 months in TS4. That's the same amount, give or take 10%. We don't have that much more SPs than in the past, it just seems more because they are half the price/twice often. But we aren't spending a lot more on them than in the past. And I'm not even talking about the store.

I like the SPs because I like more assets, something that EPs and GPs are giving me less of. SPs, GPs, EPs, they are all useful for my enjoyment of the game.

I think the planning could be improved though. I don't like that we have long period of nothing, and then a bunch of release so close. I wish things were more regular.
  • Options

Source

So if the base game is not decent, neither are the EPs?

I guess the lack of an Open World is a permanently damaged effect

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

Source

That is just my perception :) I just think that if the base game was far from good (for me), EPs won't enhance it. GTW and GT didn't add much new into the game, sadly. But I do hope for the better, really do.

It was painful that they first intoduced the openworld and cast and just took it away :(
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

2 EPs
    2 GPs
    2 SPs

Do we really ? In number of SPs, perhaps, but in money spent, far from it ! I recently made the maths in another thread that it took 24 months in TS2 until we spent $80 on SPs, 22 months in TS3 and 20 months in TS4. That's the same amount, give or take 10%. We don't have that much more SPs than in the past, it just seems more because they are half the price/twice often. But we aren't spending a lot more on them than in the past. And I'm not even talking about the store.

I like the SPs because I like more assets, something that EPs and GPs are giving me less of. SPs, GPs, EPs, they are all useful for my enjoyment of the game.

I think the planning could be improved though. I don't like that we have long period of nothing, and then a bunch of release so close. I wish things were more regular.

TS4's Base Game was the most expensive especially with the digital deluxe. Plus 8 SP's in 2 years two EP's and three GP's. Give it or take 10% I'm guessing it's more than we have ever spent on any of the games and the second year will only end in September.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

Source

That is just my perception :) I just think that if the base game was far from good (for me), EPs won't enhance it. GTW and GT didn't add much new into the game, sadly. But I do hope for the better, really do.

It was painful that they first intoduced the openworld and cast and just took it away :(

Hence why the game should have been delayed for at least another year.

Chances are, had they done that then EP 1 and two would be out this year and they would have been much more fulfilling than what they where last year...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

2 EPs
    2 GPs
    2 SPs

TS4's Base Game was the most expensive especially with the digital deluxe. Plus 8 SP's in 2 years two EP's and three GP's. Give it or take 10% I'm guessing it's more than we have ever spent on any of the games and the second year will only end in September.

Well, TS4 8 SPs, 2 EPs and 3 GPs means $220 in 22 months. (even 24 months considering we won't have any other packs until october)
    TS3, 4 SPs and 4 EPs means $220 in 24 months, not counting the store.
    And TS2, 4 SPs and 4 EPS means $240 in 26 months.

So give or take 10%, we're pretty much the same too. We have around the same amount of content, just packed differently.

I made a mistake in my post you quoted above, it was in fact 26/24/22 months respectively for TS2/TS3/TS4 until we spent $80 on SPs.