Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which would you rather do in your custom town? (Character gameplay.)

MeepleepMeepleep Posts: 180 Member
I made a town called "richtown" filled with a bunch of rich sims in mansions and huge apartments. I'm almost done with my town, and I'm not sure what I'd rather do:

Make a sim self, get to know everyone in the town, live life with my sim self.

Or,

Switch household to household playing as everyone.

I'm not sure which to decide, I'll let you decide!

Comments

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    I think that it has to be second option. I really get bored if I have to play with only one family. And there's not story progression in The Sims 2, so if you play with only one family, others stay same.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I'd make one Sim and then have that Sim marry into each family (breaking them up)- taking all the money from All the rich Sims in town to Own it. :lol:

It can go several generations... one family per generation. :)

• Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Normally I play one family through several generations. But, having put the effort into creating a place like that of your own, I think I'd move around and have some fun with everyone.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    sim selves are bad karma
    you play yourself getting old and dying
    you play your children growing up into teens, and adults, then you have to make them do romantic interactions, which if it were really your own child is creepy.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I would play it like Sims 3 with Mods and just play all of the town through generations and let kids move out on their own when they're ready.I'll even add shopping districts or downtown districts as the population grows to make room for more housing for new families.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Whatever seems more fun to you I suppose but you could combine them play your self sim as the main "ruler" so the other sims have to treat you well and when they don't they get punished lol. I don't know I like playing one family but lately I've been playing all the families that come with desiderata and it's fun going through all of them and pairing them off. Though I was thinking of making my own town with all my own creations maybe. :)
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    MeepleepMeepleep Posts: 180 Member
    Whatever seems more fun to you I suppose but you could combine them play your self sim as the main "ruler" so the other sims have to treat you well and when they don't they get punished lol. I don't know I like playing one family but lately I've been playing all the families that come with desiderata and it's fun going through all of them and pairing them off. Though I was thinking of making my own town with all my own creations maybe. :)

I'll go with this idea, making myself a mayor or something. :) (ps i love your profile pick!)
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    then I hope you have fun ruling over the other sims in the game as well hehe:smile: I'm glad, the bunny and his corn will not be ignored lol
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png