Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update To Relationships Panel

YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
I think there should be a new section in the relationship panel next to Romantic and Clubs and all that for just Family. It's a bit annoying having to search through my Sims contacts and hover over the icon to see if they're related. Like someone could be a cousin and I won't realize it until I try to flirt and can't. Also I don't like how Step parents and siblings can still be romantic.

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,617 Member
    That's a good idea!
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    CroxycookCroxycook Posts: 239 Member
    I could have sworn that relations do show up if you hover over their icon during a conversation.

But an extra indication would be helpful, as well.
  • Options
    mischiefluvermischiefluver Posts: 738 Member
    Agree
  • Options
    starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    Croxycook wrote: »
    I could have sworn that relations do show up if you hover over their icon during a conversation.

But an extra indication would be helpful, as well.

I think this is more geared toward finding everyone in the family tree. It's not so bad if you mostly only interact with family, but I have a sim with almost 40 friends or higher relationships now and just sorting through to find my sim's aunt (the only living family on a different lot) is a chore. When I had way more living family, before the unfortunate sauna incident :) , it was way more people to hunt for and some aunt, uncle, or great grandparent, or grandparent was always getting forgotten about in the invite to reunions.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Absolutely! I'd like one for coworkers too. (Unless there's one and I just couldn't find it through my migraine haze yesterday?)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Thats an excellent idea @YungGigi

I really hope that's taken and added with a patch update. @SimGuruDrake would you be able to talk this over with them to see if this can be incorporated?
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member
    In TS2 there was a filter icon for this exact thing! Oh I just wish the Sims team had merged TS2 and the TS3 to make TS4...

TS2 might be the best yet.. The only thing I would add is the open world :)
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    Something to add to your idea post- @YungGigi- when it comes to relationships I feel that our sims should have more than one best friend. You work so hard to get sims up to a status level of becoming best friends, but once your sim becomes best friends with their child sim or spouse, the other sims feelings get hurt. In reality, you can have more than one best friend. Maybe we could have a Best Friend Forever along with several best friends and good friends. At least that way our sim's spouse could be their Best Friend Forever and then their children could become their Best Friends. Although, it would also be great if they added, "Role Model". It would make more sense for child sims to see their parent sims as Role Models rather than Best Friends.