Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 > Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,563 Member
    Yes, ts4 worlds are very frustrating. I want my sims to be able to go everywhere! Walk, run, cycle, drive, zoom along on a broomstick. And I love that in ts3 they can swim and sunbathe and row boats across the water and fish from a boat and even live on a boat. Totally, utterly, completely awesome.
  • Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Yes, ts4 worlds are very frustrating. I want my sims to be able to go everywhere! Walk, run, cycle, drive, zoom along on a broomstick. And I love that in ts3 they can swim and sunbathe and row boats across the water and fish from a boat and even live on a boat. Totally, utterly, completely awesome.
    Bit off topic but your post reminds me of something that happened yesterday while playing. People say it's so great in Sims 4 how other sims pass by and how it makes the game more lively. And I was thinking about this, because I was playing with my sim at her home when I saw two sailboats passing at the bottom of the cliff. So I got curious and it turned out to be my sim's grandparents.

Screenshot-665_zps0cudno6a.jpg

I really have no idea where they got those boats from, they didn't get them from me :D I love things like that, because they were really going somewhere, they live somewehere, if I'd follow them I could see where they were heading. This is important to me.

Ok I'm not sure what people are talking about when they say that 4 is peopled with Sims I've found that it's very random. At first I saw lots of Sims going by when my sims moved in but I ignored them and even ignored the welcoming party and after a while I saw hardly anysim and now I look out my Sims front door and occasionally one will wander by but yeah there's not many sims there. Now I've tried to click on one of these occasional passerby sims (in order for my Sims to be social) but they move too fast for me to catch, making it pretty pointless for them to even be there at all. In 3, Sims would pass by my Sims houses all the time probably as or more often as in 4. Also I have my sim go to lots and they are not populated but get that way after I have my sim there for a while, sometimes I go (it might depend on the time of day I haven't really been paying attention) and there will be a small crowd but the club is well, really something sad when console versions I've played had lots more action in their clubs (URBZ had lines of Sims trying to get in the club and an actual crowd inside BUSTIN OUT could have a crowd if you had a dance floor installed in my game in Sims 3 I had a celebrity who had signed autographs and up to 50 or more sims followed him to a restaurant and then back home it was hilarious actually). Sim population in my game is NO different than my game played in 3 so I don't understand why such a big deal is made of this like it's some wonderful new feature it's not.

I don't hate this game (4 I mean) because I do like how they can chat and move around with food in their hand while talking to someone new, you could have one Sim, in your group outing, sitting at the bar and eating talking to another one who is dancing, a neat feature I don't remember in 3 or any other version having. That being said, I don't like how you have your sim sit at the bar or other public place and everyone around feels free to jump in on the conversation that your sim started with just one other sim there or with their friend that was with them. I wish there was a break ice interaction or butt in on conversation warning/notification and depending on how sloshed your sim was or their mood they could respond to the intrusion on their private conversation positively or negatively.

What I'd actually love to see done (but which can't because it's beyond devs currant ability) is you have your sim sit at the bar (or other situation) your sim would be asked what was their drink you would then get a choice to order or decline and options of; to say your waiting on somebody, or a designated driver (see no cars even in this iteration). Your Sim would sit and wait for drink and other Sims would be sitting around the bar in groups of two or three chatting among themselves. Only the closest to you could either nod a general friendly greeting or perhaps sneer at you, throw a sarcastic taunt, greet you, offer to buy your Sim a drink, or open with a joke or other type of greeting. This wouldn't be something that you would make happen just something that would, kind of like you walk into a bar IRL and different things would happen depending on what kind of bar it was, who was sitting there, what their disposition was and what their mood/level of sobriety etc.,.

I just hate playing a game and be like if they did this and this and this it would be so much better. I'd love to be able to be fully absorbed into my game and wowed by how cool it played instead of oh this is like 2 and this is like 3 but they need to add this or that back and this could be better. I am absorbed in 4 for a little while and then I have to deal with load screens or limited places for my sims to jog (I don't even follow them around anymore because it makes me sad that they run just up the street a little ways and that is supposed to be their jog, it reminds me of my parents trying to get in shape one winter and instead of going to a gym, they were too poor, they walked around and around and around and around their living room coffee table lol)

:o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    Dylan.WalshDylan.Walsh Posts: 115 Member
    Thank you for sharing this wonderful picture.
  • Options
    Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Bit off topic but your post reminds me of something that happened yesterday while playing. People say it's so great in Sims 4 how other sims pass by and how it makes the game more lively. And I was thinking about this, because I was playing with my sim at her home when I saw two sailboats passing at the bottom of the cliff. So I got curious and it turned out to be my sim's grandparents.

I really have no idea where they got those boats from, they didn't get them from me :D I love things like that, because they were really going somewhere, they live somewehere, if I'd follow them I could see where they were heading. This is important to me.

This picture just reminded me of how much I love taking my Sims on vacations to the World Adventures worlds. One of my elderly couples went on vacation to Shang Simla - a fishing holiday. They had their sailboat with them and fished from the boat. It was so peaceful and fun! They also learned some martial arts, did some shopping in the market place and so forth. The highlight was definitely fishing from their boat, though. They sailed up and down the waterways running through the world. Fun! :smiley:
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited April 2017
    Jaline33 wrote: »

This picture just reminded me of how much I love taking my Sims on vacations to the World Adventures worlds. One of my elderly couples went on vacation to Shang Simla - a fishing holiday. They had their sailboat with them and fished from the boat. It was so peaceful and fun! They also learned some martial arts, did some shopping in the market place and so forth. The highlight was definitely fishing from their boat, though. They sailed up and down the waterways running through the world. Fun! :smiley:
    That's such a great idea! Might 'borrow' that for my own sim who will be adventuring in Egypt; I'm sure she'll have time to 'hire' a boat there and do some fishing too. Never thought of doing that.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,563 Member
    That's such a great idea! Might 'borrow' that for my own sim who will be adventuring in Egypt; I'm sure she'll have time to 'hire' a boat there and do some fishing too. Never thought of doing that.
    The last time I had sims in Egypt for the max time allowed they took their rowing boat. It is great fun fishing from the boat on holiday as your sims are not rushed to be going to work or anything. Just relaxing on the Nile B)

I often make sure they take their own bicycles with them too, I love cycling around Shang Simla or France with a little basket on the front of the bike (I love that bicycle from the store).
  • Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    @whoeverstartedthefishingboatholidayidea

Indeed a nice idea! Might do it too - I just discovered a sim I play is 'secretly' an angler.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    The last time I had sims in Egypt for the max time allowed they took their rowing boat. It is great fun fishing from the boat on holiday as your sims are not rushed to be going to work or anything. Just relaxing on the Nile B)

I often make sure they take their own bicycles with them too, I love cycling around Shang Simla or France with a little basket on the front of the bike (I love that bicycle from the store).

I love having a boat in sims inventories. Very often they will autonomously leave their house and go boating and who knows where they will end up from there. I wish having a bicycle would encourage sims to randomly go for a bike ride, or a stroller would prompt a sim to take the baby or toddler out for a stroll. Anything that gets them out of the house and exploring their community without initiation from me would be welcomed. Some of my sims are fishermen, scuba divers or just outdoorsy, those ones always get a watercraft of some sort in the warmer months.
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    Confession time - I've been recently playing Sims 3 again, and enjoying it -- probably enjoying more than when I'd originally gotten it several years ago.

Honestly? I enjoy both Sims 3 and Sims 4 - for different reasons. They are both Sims games but qualitatively different in feel and gameplay, so comparison is not easy. Sometimes I've played both games in the same day.

Right now I'm more "attached" to my Sims in TS4. I love playing rotationally and I have a few saves going where I am rotating around different families, playing from different angles. TS4 is easier for me to get into-- it's easier to start, play, build, and create due to shorter load times, smoother animations, ease of building, and the Gallery. I also love the look and feel of TS4; it may not be as realistic, but it's pretty, and I like pretty.

However, TS3 has a lot more content (being the complete game) as well as more depth of gameplay. And gameplay is very important to me. I'm an analytical person and I like to sink my teeth into things. There is a lot going on in TS3. And that makes it fun. For example I have a writer sim and I can see a list of the books she's written, as well as how much in royalties she's making. Stuff like that, which is missing in TS4.

There are a lot of things I miss from TS3 when I'm playing TS4, and vice versa.

So the best of both worlds is to play both worlds. Why not?

I can kind of relate to that. I think TS3 is far superior to TS4, but I do like changing perspectives and playing as different families. I guess you can do that in TS3, but it is not as easy. You can do it in TS2, but you can't visit another house in that game... darn. I haven't played TS3 in a few months, I created a new household, and now I'm hooked.
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    HARIBOWS wrote: »
    dorcsyful wrote: »

You can take nice "scenery" pics in TS4 too. The problem with that is that you're basically taking a pictures of the same backgrounds over and over again. With CAW and the countless worlds made by TS3 players, we will never have that kind of problem. ;)

I hate the backgrounds in TS4 because 70% of it is fake decoration that you can't get to. That beautiful house on the hill in TS3? Oh you can go there! And the people that live there are townies with stories, not randomly generated people who just fill up houses because you've moved in. Oh the beach at the bottom of Sunset Valley? You can go there too! Want to swim in that water at the beach? Go for it!

Cartoon graphics are one thing, awful block textures and 90% of what is around you being fake is another. :/

Agreed 100%.
  • Options
    tintinfootintinfoo Posts: 84 Member
    Personally, I like and enjoy both TS3 and TS4. Currently playing both :) well i guess TS3 has the Wow factor (open world for me) and TS4 does not really have it though still enjoyable and interesting for me. I guess somewhat TS4 feels been there done that kind of thing. No doubt TS3 really offers more on depth and gameplay, but i still think TS4 has potential and I see good ideas in it. I hope they fix bug and issues and improve on some ideas mentioned at this forum . TS4 No open world is done deal. Get over it. Let's focus on others. I do feel slightly disheartened when some people trashed TS4 till it doesn't worth a single cent, yes well that's other people opinion I guess and they have a right to express.

I follow the Sims forum on TS4 before started playing TS4. I was quite troubled and sad that it got bad reviews. Kept very low expectations when I first started playing. But it ain't as bad as I thought.

To be very fair, we should have people who never played TS3 or TS4, and play them side by side on Base Game, to give a fair review of both games, because there will be no expectations prior.
  • Options
    mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    edited April 2017
    I don't wanna read allll these comments so hopefully I'm not repeating anyone. But, I think they each bring something unique to the table.
    There are things in sims 2 I really love, same with 3 and same with 4.
    For sims 2, it's the simplicity in game play and quirkiness of our sims. The way they respond to life, I feel, is more fun to watch like story progression is not an option. If Daniel cheats on Mary-Sue, the whole family is going to go in shock, get very upset at BOTH sims and things start to fall in place like normal (she kicks him out, girls hate him).
    In the sims 3, I can explore explore explore. And being a huge fan of MMOs, this is a great thing for me in the sims game. I love going out and collecting reagents and building based off having to collect materials for it first. I love the color wheel, cuts down so much on custom content. Really sims 3 has sooooooo much to offer.. sooooooo much. But it's also a heavy program that is prone to being very buggy, etc. it has it's downsides for sure.
    The sims 4, for the first time offers multi-tasking and that is something I just can't seem to do w/o anymore. I've been spoiled with it and it makes game play so much better, don't believe me buy bowling. All they do is take turns and when the game is over then you can communicate. I didn't like that. Each game has it's something special.

Which one is better? Can't say. But I can still spend hours upon hours in ts2 and ts3 and for the ts4 maybe an hour or 2 for now until they put out more for it. Someone on twitter made a juicer for the eco pack and offered to the sims team as an idea. I think that would be wonderful to bring that back and this pack is a great opportunity. This game is still in the making, so we'll just have to wait and see to really compare :-)
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Multitasking does as much damage to the game as it does good. Sims in 2 have conversations while bowling too by the way.

I actually agree to this. Multitasking seems to make development exponentially harder for TS4.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

I love having a boat in sims inventories. Very often they will autonomously leave their house and go boating and who knows where they will end up from there. I wish having a bicycle would encourage sims to randomly go for a bike ride, or a stroller would prompt a sim to take the baby or toddler out for a stroll. Anything that gets them out of the house and exploring their community without initiation from me would be welcomed. Some of my sims are fishermen, scuba divers or just outdoorsy, those ones always get a watercraft of some sort in the warmer months.

I have a Sim adventuring right now and when he was last in Egypt, he was supposed to collect gems for something. One showed up on one side of the "Nile" and another one was on the opposite shore and a bit further down. After picking up the first gem, I guess he decided it was too far to take his bike all the way to the bridge and back around - he autonomously hailed a water taxi instead! - lol
  • Options
    Pegasys wrote: »
    Confession time - I've been recently playing Sims 3 again, and enjoying it -- probably enjoying more than when I'd originally gotten it several years ago.

Honestly? I enjoy both Sims 3 and Sims 4 - for different reasons. They are both Sims games but qualitatively different in feel and gameplay, so comparison is not easy. Sometimes I've played both games in the same day.

Right now I'm more "attached" to my Sims in TS4. I love playing rotationally and I have a few saves going where I am rotating around different families, playing from different angles. TS4 is easier for me to get into-- it's easier to start, play, build, and create due to shorter load times, smoother animations, ease of building, and the Gallery. I also love the look and feel of TS4; it may not be as realistic, but it's pretty, and I like pretty.

However, TS3 has a lot more content (being the complete game) as well as more depth of gameplay. And gameplay is very important to me. I'm an analytical person and I like to sink my teeth into things. There is a lot going on in TS3. And that makes it fun. For example I have a writer sim and I can see a list of the books she's written, as well as how much in royalties she's making. Stuff like that, which is missing in TS4.

There are a lot of things I miss from TS3 when I'm playing TS4, and vice versa.

So the best of both worlds is to play both worlds. Why not?

I can kind of relate to that. I think TS3 is far superior to TS4, but I do like changing perspectives and playing as different families. I guess you can do that in TS3, but it is not as easy. You can do it in TS2, but you can't visit another house in that game... darn. I haven't played TS3 in a few months, I created a new household, and now I'm hooked.

It may not work for you, but my workaround for this is that I only having aging on for the first family in my rotation (I usually rotate through roughly 30 households in Sims 3). Once I have played them for about 4 to 5 days, I turn aging off and proceed to play the others in rotation - and that way I am not limited at all. I can play a whole world like that and not feel like I'm missing out on everything. :smiley:
  • Options
    JasonSim16JasonSim16 Posts: 466 Member
    edited April 2017
    Nothing more nothing less, just post which one you like more. #TS3 or #TS4 ?
    71rbpi.png
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    #TS3...
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited April 2017
    That's a very hard question :D There are things I like in TS4, but there are also things I like in TS3 more. I like the overall gameplay of TS4 more, so I just go with #TS4

ETA: I just hope this doesn't turn into a thread were everyone hates on their less liked game !
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    I prefer ts4
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    I never played TS2 or TS3. So I have to go with TS4.
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Surely we already have many discussions like this before. Although it is not necessarily accurate you can guess it from their profile pictures :p
    And yes, I like Sims 3 more but Sims 4 is also a good game :blush:
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    I could tell you which one I prefer playing atm. That would be TS4.
    Starting a game of TS3 for me is a time consuming ordeal.

As far as which one I like better...that's a lot tougher...if I had a brawny computer I'd probably prefer playing TS3 at this point because I have a lot more content for it than I do for TS4...also there's the matter of my unfinished CAW world and my patterns...all abandoned because of my raggedy old laptop

However I do think by the end TS4 will probably be my favorite as I like the Sims in TS4 a lot better than TS3 Sims.
  • Options
    IY20052IY20052 Posts: 324 Member
    Sims 4 100%
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top