Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Perfect Genetics Challenge [Natural Version]

MicemSimsMicemSims Posts: 463 Member
One challenge that I have been wanting to do for The Sims 4 is the Perfect Genetics Challenge, but unfortunately the unnatural hair colours don't pass down to children and there aren't that many unnatural eye colours in the game.

My version of the challenge is to use the natural hair colours and eye colours, but the same rules still apply. The heir must have the same genetics as the founder/previous heir.

The Perfect Genetics Challenge was created by Gurra09 for The Sims 3 and has been converted for The Sims 4 before by GeekyPants but that version requires custom content to do the challenge.

The goal of this challenge is to reach 10 generations and you have completed the challenge once your Sim has given birth to the 10th generation heir who has the perfect genetics.

Creating Your Sim
⦁ Your Sim must be a young adult. They can be either male or female.
⦁ Your Sim must have the Hates Children trait.
a. You can either choose the remaining traits or..
b. Randomise the other traits for more unpredictability.
⦁ Your Sim may have any aspiration you choose.

Starting Out
⦁ Your founder may move into any lot no matter the cost but if you want more of a challenge you may start with either a starter home using the starter funds or starting legacy style by either..
a. Purchasing a 50x50 lot and purchasing the Knight of the Octagon Table.
b. Purchasing a 64x64 lot and purchasing two Points of Enmity and one Von-Windenburg's Trap if you have Get Together.
⦁ You can also start by playing the Extreme legacy starting point if you have Get Together..
1. Purchase a 64x64 lot, which will leave you with §8,000 but you have to deduct your money to §0.
2. You cannot buy or build anything until you earn enough money to buy the Knight of the Octagon Table.
3. Once the Knight has been purchased the challenge can start as per usual.
4. The Knight must be purchased before the first set of bills arrive.
The two legacy starting styles, excluding the Extreme version, will leave you with the starting funds of §1,800.
⦁ Once you have moved your Sim into their new lot you may not use anymore money cheats, so you should spend your money wisely. The higher the cost of the house, the higher the bills.
⦁ You may not use any cheats other than to reset your Sim or an object.
⦁ Mods and custom content are allowed but only if they do not give you an advantage over other players. Create-a-Sim custom content for example is fine. MC Command Center is also allowed if you want to use that mod to add story progression to your worlds.

Partners, Children and Heirs
⦁ Depending on how hard you want to make the challenge for yourself, your heir will have to inherit..
a. The founder/previous heir's hair and eye colour.
b. The founder/previous heir's hair, eye and skin colour.
⦁ Your Sim is free to marry any Sim and have as many children as you would like, but there are some rules:
1. Your Sim's partner may be created in Create-a-Sim by you, a Sim download from the Gallery or a game-generated townie.
2. Your Sim's partner cannot have any of the same genes as your founder and heirs! Skin tone is the exception if you are opting out of the version where your heir has to inherit their parent's hair, eye and skin colour.
⦁ You must randomise the children's traits, but your heir who has the perfect genetics must have the Hates Children trait.
⦁ Your Sim may adopt a baby, toddler or a child but they cannot become heir as they will not have the perfect genetics.
⦁ You cannot dye a Sim's hair or change their eye colour. They must be born in-game with the perfect genetics to become heir.
⦁ It's recommended you start trying for a baby as soon as possible because you won't know how many children it will take until you have a child born with the perfect genetics.
⦁ If your founder or heir is female and has not given birth to a child with the perfect genetics and she is nearing the elder stage you may purchase a Potion of Youth for her one time or sacrifice a Sim to the Cow Plant and drink their Essence of Life one time. One or the other, not both.

NOTE: I want to bring to attention that several eye colours share the same tags which means children can inherit one of two eye colours from their respective parent if they have one of these eye colours. Here's a post detailing which eye colours share the same tags.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14785002/#Comment_14785002

I hope you enjoy this version of the Perfect Genetics Challenge if you decide to play it. If you have any feedback or suggestions I'm open to new ideas!
Post edited by MicemSims on

Comments

• Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    Very cool idea thanks for sharing this!
  • Options
    Thank you! I just wanted to try a different approach to the challenge which would be possible to do in The Sims 4, if someone wanted to do the challenge. :)
  • Options
    SmallSeven01SmallSeven01 Posts: 312 Member
    I like the idea of this, we definitely try this out!
  • Options
    @SmallSeven01
    Thank you! :)
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Depending on how hard you want to make the challenge for yourself, your heir will have to inherit..
    a. Their parent's hair and eye colour.
    b. Their parent's hair, eye and skin colour.
    Just to clarify - the inherited genetics are based on the founder only. Is that correct?
    Example: Founder has Brown hair and Blue eyes then all the eligible heirs must have the same.
  • Options
    noxximsnoxxims Posts: 134 Member
    edited July 2016
    I always loved this challenge and was so disappointed when I learned my Sim kiddies couldn't have purple hair. However, they can still have purple eyes and those are the rules I decided to use for myself. Like my founder was some kind of freak of nature and the gene must continue lol
    8aec0358-095a-4e29-a083-d49ed056a897_zps3awx8cce.jpg
  • Options
    Depending on how hard you want to make the challenge for yourself, your heir will have to inherit..
    a. Their parent's hair and eye colour.
    b. Their parent's hair, eye and skin colour.
    Just to clarify - the inherited genetics are based on the founder only. Is that correct?
    Example: Founder has Brown hair and Blue eyes then all the eligible heirs must have the same.

Yep, I stated that at the beginning but maybe I should edit that to make it clearer.
  • Options
    noxxims wrote: »
    I always loved this challenge and was so disappointed when I learned my Sim kiddies couldn't have purple hair. However, they can still have purple eyes and those are the rules I decided to use for myself. Like my founder was some kind of freak of nature and the gene must continue lol

I too wished children could inherit unnatural hair colours as I love the lilac hair colour, but the purple eyes are beautiful too. :)
  • Options
    OxanaPihlajamaaOxanaPihlajamaa Posts: 153 Member
    It was quite disappointing to find out children could not inherit unnatural hair color... But I was thinking if they can inherit unnatural skin tone, we could replace the hair with the skin and play the same rules. :smile:
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    FYI: The Backyard Stuff Pack features a new multi-color hair for children.
    Not sure if it will be patched into the game or just available when you buy the SP.
    As for blue or green or other unique skin colors these seem to be hit or miss when it come to inheriting from the parents.
    I love my blue Sims ... even the Non-Alien ones but find it difficult to maintain the blue (or green) skin tones thru multiple generations.
  • Options
    It was quite disappointing to find out children could not inherit unnatural hair color... But I was thinking if they can inherit unnatural skin tone, we could replace the hair with the skin and play the same rules. :smile:

That's also another one you could do. :)
  • Options
    FYI: The Backyard Stuff Pack features a new multi-color hair for children.
    Not sure if it will be patched into the game or just available when you buy the SP.
    As for blue or green or other unique skin colors these seem to be hit or miss when it come to inheriting from the parents.
    I love my blue Sims ... even the Non-Alien ones but find it difficult to maintain the blue (or green) skin tones thru multiple generations.

I know but they're only be like, what.. one hairstyle to use for kids? If someone wants to do use that that's fine but I'm wondering if those hair colours would still be inherited..

I don't usually play with the unnatural skin tones so I'm not sure how well they pass down.
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    I decided to do this. Here's my founder, Beau. Red hair and green eyes.
    XpuULOY.png

His spouse is Alice Spencer-Kim. They're expecting their first child, we'll see how it goes!
  • Options
    Woah, his green eyes! Have fun with the challenge. :)
  • Options
    Got lucky, first kid
    YHMIT4w.png

I'll see if I'm as lucky on the next generation...
  • Options
    :D that was some stroke of luck lol!
  • Options
    I decided to start over. Made a lady this time, red hair, green eyes, blue skin. Her first pregnancy was triplets but none qualified. She's pregnant again, we'll see!
  • Options
    MocaJava wrote: »
    I decided to start over. Made a lady this time, red hair, green eyes, blue skin. Her first pregnancy was triplets but none qualified. She's pregnant again, we'll see!

That's a really interesting combination of genetics!
  • Options
    Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    I played the perfect genetics challenge on the Sims 3 and its definatly harder/funner. I had a woman who had lavender colored eyes and bright orange hair. Its really hard though because they were created with the color wheel instead of set colors like the Sims 4 has.
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • Options
    @Patch__2008
    Yea, I really wish the unnatural hair colours passed down to kids but unfortunately they don't so I just tried to adapt the challenge as best as I could for The Sims 4. Deep down I'm still hoping for a colour wheel but I don't think that's ever going to happen. :D
  • Options
    Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    @MicemSims
    Yeah it's a shame, it made the game so customizable but it does require a lot and not having had made Sims 4 faster. But I do miss the game being so creativity filled...
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • Options
    Moonlight742Moonlight742 Posts: 4 New Member
    Definitely gonna try this out! Sounds like a wonderful challenge! I've been trying to choose a legacy challenge to do for a while and this one sounds like a good one to do!
  • Options
    LilyBear94LilyBear94 Posts: 108 Member
    Looks interesting! I think I'll try this out.
  • Options
    @Moonlight742 @LilyBear94
    Hope you both have fun if you do decide to give it a go. :smile:
  • Options
    TannerTanner Posts: 3 New Member
    Okay, I'm new to the forums, so I'm not sure if this is considered bumping, but this challenge seems fun! I just started with my first sim, Monica Redwood. She is outgoing, creative, and of course, hates children! She has red hair, red eyes, and the palest her skin can get before getting yellowish.