Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Upcoming Forum Changes Feedback Thread

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,558 Member
    I'm not paranoid but I can understand how one might reach the conclusion that you implied the game isn't doing well. You said the fact that there is much less chat therefore the many sections aren't needed speaks volumes about the game. What does it say about the game?
    It says that everyone is off playing the game instead of being here ;)

Lol, ok I admit I was implying that the game wasn't as successful as TS2/3... I guess I gave a bit of a snotty reply to DaniqaSimmer and that's not like me (sorry) - it just kind of got my goat that his/her response was to automatically assume I was an anti-sims 4 player when I'm not. I like the game, I am always posting pics of my gameplay and have enthusiasm for a great many aspects of it. I just don't see evidence that it is as successful as previous versions. And, no, that doesn't mean I think it's failing or that I want it to fail in any way, because I don't.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    It could also be a tactic to try and suppress some of the negative threads that pop up

Talking of tactics, I thought it was interesting that "The Happy Play Thread" is in the General Discussion while "The Unhappy Play Thread" is in Feedback. Isn't good feedback still feedback? Isn't unhappy play still play?

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,999 Member
    I'm not paranoid but I can understand how one might reach the conclusion that you implied the game isn't doing well. You said the fact that there is much less chat therefore the many sections aren't needed speaks volumes about the game. What does it say about the game?
    It says that everyone is off playing the game instead of being here ;)

Lol, ok I admit I was implying that the game wasn't as successful as TS2/3... I guess I gave a bit of a snotty reply to DaniqaSimmer and that's not like me (sorry) - it just kind of got my goat that his/her response was to automatically assume I was an anti-sims 4 player when I'm not. I like the game, I am always posting pics of my gameplay and have enthusiasm for a great many aspects of it. I just don't see evidence that it is as successful as previous versions. And, no, that doesn't mean I think it's failing or that I want it to fail in any way, because I don't.

I really appreciate your response. :) There are some who would have said we were reading too much in your post.
  • Options
    Lovely_KristyLovely_Kristy Posts: 643 Member
    It seems like visually the layout has changed a tiny bit too, Im really not a fan of any of this. :/
    Then again -- Im not a person for any type of change, but I will continue using the forums to decide my true opinion.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Rather than some percieved lack of interest in the game as the cause of more quietness in the forums, I'd suggest it's more a matter of atmosphere. I, for one, cannot and will not post in the Feedback forum for S4, due to how unwelcoming it is for anyone who actually likes the game. Had I not been fortunate enough to interact with some cool people around here rather quickly, I would've left and never come back. At least the GD area is tolerable most of the time.

Time since release may also be a factor. Interest naturally wanes in any game or media after several years.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    Rather than some percieved lack of interest in the game as the cause of more quietness in the forums, I'd suggest it's more a matter of atmosphere. I, for one, cannot and will not post in the Feedback forum for S4, due to how unwelcoming it is for anyone who actually likes the game. Had I not been fortunate enough to interact with some cool people around here rather quickly, I would've left and never come back. At least the GD area is tolerable most of the time.

Time since release may also be a factor. Interest naturally wanes in any game or media after several years.

Wait for it. You'll probably be told that the forums were a hive of activity two years into the Sims 3. I really wouldn't know as I didn't visit the forums then.
  • Options
    @SimGuruDrake, are you able to tell us when the forum changes will take place?
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    @SimGuruDrake, are you able to tell us when the forum changes will take place?

They will be slowly rolling out over the next two weeks :)
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    gramatique wrote: »
    I wonder if this can be solved by the use of prefixes. Posters who create a discussion can have a choice to add a prefix in their title, and we as readers can filter it out based on those prefixes. It seems like Vanilla forums allows this feature, perhaps it can be used? Or will it just cause more clutter?

This is an interesting idea, though I'm not sure what you mean by prefixes. Do you have an example I can check out?
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I would guess that if the sections were busier with discussions they would remain separate. It seems like once the newness of a pack wears off, usually a few days to a week, the discussions drop off.

It doesn't seem like a few days to a week. It's a couple months to me until the section dies. For example Dine out's thread is still going pretty strong..

It was the same way with the sims 3 forums though.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Stuff pack discussions usually die down quicker than a GP or EP because they don't add as much gameplay as the bigger packs do. The kids stuff pack coming up will add two gameplay items that we know about .. but mostly it's .... well .. stuff.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    evilnancyreaganevilnancyreagan Posts: 23 Member
    1. Announce Vaguely Defined Changes
    2. Commence Wild speculation
    3. Activate Unnecessary and Uninformed Criticisms
    4. Post Snarky Observation
    5. Lose At Life and Question your Self-Worth

"HELLO THERE!"
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,558 Member

I must be either really lucky or have a thick skin lol. I have never felt unwelcome for liking TS4. Or maybe I just have a knack for mostly ignoring certain comments.

eg. @simgirl1010 skipping over that sarcasm... :)

We all like whatever we like, if you want to take part in the forums you should just take no notice of comments that upset you. Generally people are only giving their own opinions, it is not usually a personal attack.
  • Options
    gramatiquegramatique Posts: 526 Member
    gramatique wrote: »
    I wonder if this can be solved by the use of prefixes. Posters who create a discussion can have a choice to add a prefix in their title, and we as readers can filter it out based on those prefixes. It seems like Vanilla forums allows this feature, perhaps it can be used? Or will it just cause more clutter?

This is an interesting idea, though I'm not sure what you mean by prefixes. Do you have an example I can check out?

Hey! I know this might be a rather odd site to be linking you, but this is the only forum I know that has the feature I was describing lol. This sub-forum has manga titles as prefixes (indicated by the square brackets). The title is a hyperlink, and clicking on it will only show threads that share the same prefix like so.

This forum is vBulletin so the inner workings will be different to Vanilla, but after some quick googling it seems like a similar feature can be available for this type of forum.