Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Time travel to the past

So I rewatched Back to the Future 1&2 today, and I thought I would start a save primarily focused on time travel.
It occurred to me, however, that you cant actually visit the past in Sims 3, just text adventures for that. And then it dawned on me, I could use NRAAS traveler to visit worlds like Dragon Valley, Midnight Hollow, Roaring Heights, and pretend those are historical eras. The worlds will only progress while my sims are there as far as I know, which would make it alot like Oasis Landing, just without having any results in the home world.

After a while though, I thought, well, I will probably feel like I need to use special settings or maybe even different mods, to make it seem more period while my sims are there, then I worried if I would need to start swapping mods when traveling and stuff. So, I'm kind of not sure if I should try, with my short attention span.

Have any of you considered such a thing before? If so, how did you go about trying it?

Comments

• Options
    Fields007Fields007 Posts: 126 Member
    That sounds a awesome idea actually, Yes it is a shame that EA didnt make a back to the past kinda DLC, but then saying that, I guess the decisions you make would impact MORE than the future does now, I mean every trait you change a little pop up says "You have changed something or another in the future".
    Whilst this affect does not really affect your homeworld, I guess if living in the past the decisions you make there would make, or you would want to at least affect the homeworld. I guess this crossover would be to much for the already complecated homeworld arena.

Whilst it would be fun to have fights with familys and whole familys being enermy all with all new family members over fireing them in the past or just picking one fight with someone in the past would be fun to handle, I know EA dont like violence, neither do I but it would be fun all the same
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    You can use Nraas Master Controller to keep certain clothing from EP's or packs out of the game as well as black list individual clothes items that you may not want in your past world. There are some other mods out there that help with clothing but I have not investigated those yet. They would still have their phones and I'm not sure if there is a cc item that changes the phone to something else. I know there is a cc item that changes the puter to a crystal ball and bones that I've used in a medieval story and I just don't let them use the phone as I keep their autonomy in the middle. I enjoy the challenge of setting up a world to do what I want with it, but, there are certain things that are unavoidable because of EA's restrictions. Nraas mods are a big help though.
  • Options
    R3B3CKVHR3B3CKVH Posts: 473 Member
    I must not be using the Traveler mod to it's fullest potential... Cause I don't know how to travel to anothe world.. I can't even figure out how to send my teens to University.
    Split Reflections: A Sim Story by R3B3CKVH
    www.splitreflections.wordpress.com
    Be Sure to Subscribe
    "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
    tumblr_lz7l7oGCyn1qevqqyo1_500.gif

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited June 2016
    R3B3CKVH wrote: »
    I must not be using the Traveler mod to it's fullest potential... Cause I don't know how to travel to anothe world.. I can't even figure out how to send my teens to University.

To travel to another world you use the same phone/computer option as you normally do. Then in the area of the travel screen where you choose the WA destination just scroll past and every other world you have installed should show up. I haven't done this without WA installed so I don't know if the same interface is used or not if you don't have WA.

To send teens to University you also need the NRaas Careers mod. Then you need to go into the Traveler options (via city hall or any computer) and enable teens as an allowable traveler. After that you can enroll them just like any other sim.
  • Options
    R3B3CKVHR3B3CKVH Posts: 473 Member
    @TreyNutz Thanks so much! I appreciate it.
    Split Reflections: A Sim Story by R3B3CKVH
    www.splitreflections.wordpress.com
    Be Sure to Subscribe
    "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
    tumblr_lz7l7oGCyn1qevqqyo1_500.gif

• Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    edited June 2016
    @SimKeats

You just gave me an awesome idea:

Those who have Adventureland know that it's an exact copy of Sunset Valley, with only 2 occupied houses.

The idea -

- knock down and replace a few homes and businesses with some skyscrapers from Late Night. Perhaps even a few subway terminals.
    - move in some "Bin" families.
    - move in some of my personal Sims.
    - turn the NRaas SP on so the empty town comes to life.

Ta-da! Adventureland would become a future version of Sunset Valley. Then I could time-travel from "Future Sunset Valley" (aka Adventureland) to Sunset Valley via Time Machine -
    Screenshot-77_zpssdowbmru.jpg
    (Ok, so I'd have to put the car in my pocket so I'd have it when I arrive, but you get the idea.)

I'd have to start all my BTTF type games in the "Future Sunset Valley" everytime to time-travel into the past to Sunset Valley, but I can live with that.

EDIT: BTTF = Back To The Future :wink:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    @5782341b77vl oh, thats a pretty good idea actually, made me think though, I could use like a custom SV thats updated for all episodes, and pretend travel to the past is normal sunset valley, like Sunset Island, or Sunset Valley 2.0 or something.