Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One of those "What if" Posts

LemonMorrangLemonMorrang Posts: 50 Member
What if you were to download every single custom content from the internet for the sims 4?! And I mean every single hair, every single clothing, skin, objects (Not gaming mods however) every single piece of cc this internet has to offer for the sims 4. How many gigabytes, no, how many TERABYTES would that be?

Even if you got the best computer in the world, with so many space, and was super fast, would it still slow down? Would the game crash?

This question has been burning my mind for the last couple of days, and I just wonder what you guys think.

Comments

• Options
    suicidalcheetossuicidalcheetos Posts: 315 Member
    edited June 2016
    Yes it would crash/lag, not just because of space issues...but I assume there's a lot of CC/Mods that have not been kept up-to-date, or even bug free, through out all the TS4 updates, for whatever reason.
    (There's even Mod v Mod compatibility you have to think about)
    Even with the best computer out currently, you can't underestimate current compatibility issues or possible future compatibility issues. A game running perfectly doesn't solely rely on the machine, it also relies on the developer(s) of the game/third party developer(s) of CC/Mods.
    These are probably the best resources/threads for beginners.
    Daily Deal Thread - D&D Spreadsheet - The Gifting Directory
    Reinstall Store Stuff: No Repeats or Disappearing - Nraas Mods to Fix Your Game
    ~Ctrl + F to open up search bar for D&D Spreadsheet~
  • Options
    LemonMorrangLemonMorrang Posts: 50 Member
    Yes it would crash/lag, not just because of space issues...but I assume there's a lot of CC/Mods that have not been kept up-to-date, or even bug free, through out all the TS4 updates, for whatever reason.
    (There's even Mod v Mod compatibility you have to think about)
    Even with the best computer out currently, you can't underestimate current compatibility issues or possible future compatibility issues. A game running perfectly doesn't solely rely on the machine, it also relies on the developer(s) of the game/third party developer(s) of CC/Mods.

That's what I was thinking. But I didn't know cc like cas items are build mode items can be out of date.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Even with the best computer in the world, there is still a limit to how much RAM 64-bit systems can handle. The sheer amount of CC would probably go beyond the highest possible RAM a PC today can handle, unless maybe you don't load all of them at once.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,265 Member
    2j2i82p.jpg