Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did I just self-corrupt my own file?

Hello,

I wanted to replace the library in Aurora Skies with the Curious Family Museum from Twinbrook, and when I went in to do the edits to make it into an actual library, I found a tombstone in the attic. I deleted the lot right away out of my town, but will moving it there even for a little bit have any effect on my game? I never entered in game, just build/buy mode and edit town.

So what can I expect? Should I just cut my losses on any other edits done and revert to my previous save? Or should I be okay? It's a 2 year old file so I want to be careful with it lol
My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    If it's a precious save and the tombstone was occupied then I'd go back to the earlier save.

You can test the tombstone by clicking on it. If it says Remains then it doesn't have a ghost or sim in it.

The problem is with deleting a sim. A ghost is just like any other sim and can't be deleted.

Another thing I do if my town gets corrupt is to use NRAAS Porter mod to pack up all sims including occupied tombstones and start a fresh save with them. Using that mod maintains their relationships.
  • Options
    GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    @Karritz It had a ghost attached to it, I didn't even see it until I was trying to delete all of the objects and one was "in use". I'm thinking I'll go back to my previous save just to be safe, but if I went to Twinbrook and did a MC annihilation, would I then be able to use that lot in Aurora Skies? Or would the tombstone still give me issues?
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Goulsquash wrote: »
    @Karritz It had a ghost attached to it, I didn't even see it until I was trying to delete all of the objects and one was "in use". I'm thinking I'll go back to my previous save just to be safe, but if I went to Twinbrook and did a MC annihilation, would I then be able to use that lot in Aurora Skies? Or would the tombstone still give me issues?

@Igazor is the best expert on these things - but I am pretty sure Total Annihilation would get rid of the ghosts too. Provided you said to do it to everyone. I think the only Sim you would have left in the world would be your currently active sim if you used MC to Totally Annihilate all of the others.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2016
    Could be misunderstanding, but I'm pretty sure the OP means that they want to TA (Totally Annihilate) just the ghost, not everyone in town. The TA command is available for individual sims as well as entire towns, on different command menus. TA arranges it so that it is as if the sim(s) in question never existed. I've never TA'ed a ghost, but seems like it should be a safe thing to do to me if you can get the right one to come up in the command's filtered list of sims.

Wouldn't it be easier, though, to just move the grave to a different lot first or is the game blocking that action?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    @igazor The game wouldn't let me move the grave, as it was "in use". What I ended up doing just to be safe is just loading up a new Twinbrook and TA everyone (because it was a ghost with relations I believe, so I didn't want to corrupt the lot), and when I went to check the lot the grave was gone. So hypothetically I should be okay with this new lot, but I'm going to keep the prior save file for a bit just incase I think :)

Thank you both for your help!