Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥Beginner's Modeling Bootcamp♥ ~ Closed

Comments

• Options
    HyprActvSqrl324HyprActvSqrl324 Posts: 51 Member
    @MizoreYukii Sims4 and Sims3, I also don't know how to hide the plumbob if it's even possible.
  • Options
    EmmaSmileEmmaSmile Posts: 1,843 Member
    edited June 2016
    @HyprActvSqrl324 To hide the plumbob you use hideheadlineeffects on or headlineeffects off, I think.
    P.S the other entries are looking absolutely incredible! Blown away by the black and white haute couture entries!
    deva4j.jpg
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited June 2016
    That's right, @EmmaSmile. The other way of doing it, @HyprActvSqrl324 is if you have a second person in the household switch to that person then your target photo won't have the plumbbob above their head. Also in Photoshop and I'm sure other programs, if you use them, you can also use the clone stamp by blending the background over the top of it and it disappears.

• Options
    alexis3142alexis3142 Posts: 1,113 Member
    Challenge Mock - Blanc et Noir Haute Couture

GfdfIyL.png
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    My Origin ID is Sinnamonalisa
    Check me out on Tumblr where I post MySims 4 Legacy Challenge Updates!
    3cyI.gif
  • Options
    MzsammyroseMzsammyrose Posts: 145 Member
    i am going to have to pull out of this round ;_; super uber uber uber busy this week heh
  • Options
    Thank you, @EmmaSmile I'll be sure to try the cheat. & @Jendowoz0612 that's a great idea I can't believe I didn't think about that! Also, your entries are gorgeous they look the magazine covers!! And, @alexis3142 I love the way you did that it's beautiful!! & the way you gray-scaled everything but the lipstick is very elegant, I love it!
  • Options
    abillings1978abillings1978 Posts: 1,521 Member
    I may try to be a lurker in this
  • Options
    alexis3142alexis3142 Posts: 1,113 Member
    Thank you, @EmmaSmile I'll be sure to try the cheat. & @Jendowoz0612 that's a great idea I can't believe I didn't think about that! Also, your entries are gorgeous they look the magazine covers!! And, @alexis3142 I love the way you did that it's beautiful!! & the way you gray-scaled everything but the lipstick is very elegant, I love it!

Thank you so much!!! @HyprActvSqrl324 I was having a lot of trouble with that challenge xD I just couldn't come up with an idea.
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    My Origin ID is Sinnamonalisa
    Check me out on Tumblr where I post MySims 4 Legacy Challenge Updates!
    3cyI.gif
  • Options
    Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    edited June 2016
    Hey guys! *Runs and hugs EVERYONE*
    I thought about joining REALLY hard, because I'm in/doing a bunch of other things... and I was looking at some of my edits and I REALLY want to get ahold of my editing style and expand/learn more stuff and well... I said "HEY, why not..." we all help each other in our little modeling family, and why not expand and learn MORE from each other!

Model Application

Preferred name: Penguin

What editing program do you think you will use?: I use GIMP

Model’s name: Sabrina Walsh

Headshot:

ORwBzbN.png

Bodyshot:

nAIiPoc.png

Assignment Mock - Splish, Splash!

OCuDGRS.jpg

3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • Options
    Thank you for you kind words, @HyprActvSqrl324 . All the entries are unique. I certainly wouldn't like to be judging. And, I'm glad to help. I learn something new about this game just about every day. :)

• Options
    @Jendowoz0612 I wouldn't want to be a judge either I'm afraid everyone would hate me. I can be pretty.... critical I think is the best way to put it. My friends & family say I don't have a very good filter I tend to say what I think and I'm not the best at being politically correct & I'm terrible at sugar coating things. I also am very detail oriented so I tend to notice little things others tend to over look.. To put it plainly people don't usually ask for my opinion for a reason.
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    @Jendowoz0612 Very nice, thank you!

@HyprActvSqrl324 Sorry for the late reply. Been pretty busy the past two days.
    For Sims 3 you will need this mod and it's add-on. Make sure to find and download some poses you can use.
    If you don't know how to install and download cc for Sims 3, please refer to here.
    Once you have everything in your game files, you need to go in-game and pose. Here is a video that goes over downloading, installing, and posing your sims. She doesn't go over a few things, so make sure to read the mod and the add-on information, then test everything.
    To take pictures, hit the tab key for greater control, and then when you find the angle you want, hit C on your keyboard.

For Sims 4 in-game poses you will need this mod, and make sure to download pose packs. There is also an option of using CAS poses, so use this video here for that info.
    If you don't know how to install Sims 4 cc, please go here. You will need to turn on the Sims 3 camera mode in the game settings, but once you do hit tab for the special camera, then hit C to take pictures.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you need any more help.

@alexis3142 Lovely! Thank you!

@Mzsammyrose Replied to your message, let me know what you want to do!

@abillings1978 Replied to your message as well! Let me know!

@Penguinwa101 *Hugs* I'm honored to have you join! :smiley: Added! <3

I still need two reserves to check back in!
    @XLexisimsX @buydebug
  • Options
    Alright, so we're heading into the final countdown for sign-ups! I have 2 models (or 4/5, waiting on some replies) who are still submitting but needed some more time due to real life. Just like if this were week 1, we are moving ahead with judging, and once they submit we will add their scores to the Results sections.
    Just in case anyone is confused I am making posts, just like for the previous assignments/challenges, so people can go check on previous results. That is how they will be added if they submit 2 assignments later, for instance.

Officially the sign-ups are closing at 12:00 am EST on the 25th, so if you want to join please make sure to reserve! You may use the same method the others are using above since you are a last minute sign-up. For anyone having trouble on timezone conversions, I have a converter in the rules section that is very helpful. It handles multiple timezones, which is great for those competitions with different hosts. Once we get into the swing of things I will post one of those cool countdowns too to make it easier!

Scoring should be done the day after, hopefully, but seeing as how I keep being dragged off by the family, it may be two days after. I am aiming for 1 though. Also, we may be having another judge, which might make the judging longer (probably not). More info on that later. :3

We are also working/editing (for my previous ones) on the Assignment 1 tutorials. These ones will be released over the course of the first week since they are not focused on editing, but the modeling portion of this competition that will be helpful for future assignments. You may submit your assignments that first week, or you can hold off and wait till the second week, that is up to you. The tutorials should hopefully not take the entire first week to be finished though. Tutorials for the other weeks will be released on the day of the Assignment release (or day after).

I am very excited to get this competition started, and I am glad to have you all on board! Thank you for supporting this competition! :smiley:

@pammiechick @ChloeDeCookie @ForeverFranconia @buydebug @XLexisimsX @EmmaSmile @Chaos_Fairy @alexis3142 @Zita1966z @Mzsammyrose @Pebblycat @MissBirdie @strawberrigurl @HappyPanda @XLexisimsX @KenzRe @JenLadyBird88 @Jendowoz0612 @Penguinwa101
  • Options
    I am excited, can't wait for the next one. :D

• Options
    GegeGege Posts: 2,548 Member
    I should have my Blanc et Noir Haute Couture up later today/night after work.
    mWC1gjz.gif
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited June 2016
    I'm working on it!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    edited June 2016

Challenge Mock - Blanc et Noir Haute Couture

Sabrina Walsh

HseXOsX.jpg

3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • Options
    gramatiquegramatique Posts: 526 Member
    Challenge 01 Mock: Blanc et Noir Haute Couture
    Chae-won Lee

QpirEtr.png

If I could I would totally submit a desaturated version instead (x), I feel like it's so much better than the black and white haha.

• Options
    GegeGege Posts: 2,548 Member
    Blanc et Noir Haute Couture
    ONO SING
    2n682mh.jpg
    mWC1gjz.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Model Application:
    Preferred name: pammiechick
    What editing program do you think you will use?: GIMP
    Model’s name: Kasey Lionne

Headshot:
    Screenshot_1_5.jpg

Bodyshot:

Screenshot_82.jpg
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Mock SPLISH SPLASH

Model: Kasey Lionne

beachfinal.jpg
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Mock BLACK WHITE NOIR

noir.jpg
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    (I will update the thread later with the official signup closure announcement, our new judge, and whatever else I remember because I just forgot them. xD

If you would like to reserve still, hurry, because right now it is technically 12 am, but I have shows to watch so will be back later. I am still taking late posts for last-minute signups.)
  • Options
    PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    gramatique wrote: »
    Challenge 01 Mock: Blanc et Noir Haute Couture
    Chae-won Lee

QpirEtr.png

If I could I would totally submit a desaturated version instead (x), I feel like it's so much better than the black and white haha.
    I <3 this entry :)

Mock BLACK WHITE NOIR

noir.jpg

Love your style @pammiechick! And the background is sooo pretty :)
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
  • Options
    @Pebblycat I loved Chae Won Lee too! I'm glad you liked my background. When I saw it, I had to use it! Yours is one of my favorites. Loved the use of the stripes and the bars.

I thought this was for beginners...yipes!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg