Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Keeps Closing Out

So, to try and keep a long story short, I was having issues with my origin where it refused to let me online. I ended up having to uninstall, then reinstall it. I got Origin to work fine, but then I had to update my sims game. After updating I opened the game and it got as far as the title screen before I get the "Stopped Working" error message. I don't know what to do. I really don't want to have to uninstall and reinstall the game. Is there anything else I can do?

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then try to start the game, and if you can do that a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" and "ReticulatedSplinesView" files and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated files/ folders with the old files/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder .

If the issue remains, try switching back to 32 bit mode and see if that helps. To do that :
    Right click on The Sims 4 tile in Origin.
    Select “Game Properties”
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”