Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Restaurant Challenge!

Comments

• Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    WOW. I have to give this a try. I haven't yet played with the pack although I purchased it when it first came out. I might merge it with my disney legacy challenge for Tiana Generation.

Yay! Try it. It’s not easy, but it’s fun!
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    Has anyone noticed customers not getting served food after disallowing new customers?
  • Options
    VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    Has anyone noticed customers not getting served food after disallowing new customers?

No but I have noticed that when you open a restaurant it takes 3 hours for customers to come meanwhile you are paying out the wazoo for wages!! eerrg
  • Options
    VIRTUALEE wrote: »
    No but I have noticed that when you open a restaurant it takes 3 hours for customers to come meanwhile you are paying out the wazoo for wages!! eerrg

It seems to have only happened that day. The next day I had the glitch where disallow new customers doesn't work. The fact that like 10 sims all show up as soon as it opens and then stand around watching Brody garden is annoying as heck. Add to all of that my waiter, Tonya's boyfriend, just quit. Ugh! :/
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member

Yes, this happens in my game too. :(
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    Maladi777 wrote: »

All of the little glitches drive me crazy. I think that's why I keep getting distracted and not paying much attention to the actual restaurant part of this challenge today! LOL
  • Options
    Maladi777 wrote: »

All of the little glitches drive me crazy. I think that's why I keep getting distracted and not paying much attention to the actual restaurant part of this challenge today! LOL

Well add to that - my menu is glitched - I have to change menu to more expensive items as now i am paying way more in wages than profit for food. But when I open my menu to edit it stalls the game out. I finally got the menu changes after a ton of restarting and now it refuses to sell the new items the restaurant is stuck on selling the level 1 ans 2 foods UGH...I will never get another rest this way - I may have to pause this for a little bit until all the glitches are fixed.
  • Options
    Well add to that - my menu is glitched - I have to change menu to more expensive items as now i am paying way more in wages than profit for food. But when I open my menu to edit it stalls the game out. I finally got the menu changes after a ton of restarting and now it refuses to sell the new items the restaurant is stuck on selling the level 1 ans 2 foods UGH...I will never get another rest this way - I may have to pause this for a little bit until all the glitches are fixed.

Oh man, I haven't had that happen! I removed all the level 1 stuff and added level 2 and 3 with no problem.
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    I came across this challenge this morning. And I've begun. I could not resist.
  • Options

Yes! I always have at least one customer who doesn’t get served and leaves with a red one.
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Rawla wrote: »

Hey stranger! ;) Glad you’re joining in on the fun.
    forum_final.png

• Options

YAY!!
  • Options

Oh man, I haven't had that happen! I removed all the level 1 stuff and added level 2 and 3 with no problem.

OK I shut down my comp and restarted - its all good now :) FORGIVE my RANT Lol!
  • Options
    Jes2G wrote: »

Hey stranger! ;) Glad you’re joining in on the fun.

Hi *hugs* :smiley:
  • Options
    cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    WOW. I have to give this a try. I haven't yet played with the pack although I purchased it when it first came out. I might merge it with my disney legacy challenge for Tiana Generation.

ooooh, I'd love to read that. Are you writing out that story?
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Uh oh! The food critic is here and there was a family in line before him. All the tables are taken. Hopefully I can distract him by friendly chat for a while. lol Do any of you have Food Critic stories to tell? Good or bad.

Edit to add: Oh no! My Sim had to use the bathroom. The food Critic just walked in on her. *dies* lol

Another edit: I must have done something right because he gave me a 4 Star Review! :smiley:
  • Options
    Uh oh! The food critic is here and there was a family in line before him. All the tables are taken. Hopefully I can distract him by friendly chat for a while. lol Do any of you have Food Critic stories to tell? Good or bad.

Edit to add: Oh no! My Sim had to use the bathroom. The food Critic just walked in on her. *dies* lol

Another edit: I must have done something right because he gave me a 4 Star Review! :smiley:

HA! Nice save lol. I’ve had two critics, but they both went well. Womp womp.
    forum_final.png

• Options
    @Rawla The first time the food critic showed up my tables were all full too but luckily I had enough money to buy more. So far, every time they come, they don't sit and eat, they roam around and then leave. It's very annoying.
  • Options
    @Jes2G - That's great! Glad it went well for you both times.

@Rainydayz179 - It's good that you could buy more tables. Silly critics don't know when to sit. lol I have 0 simoleons in my home account and -51 (negative) in my restaurant account. I'm hoping I can turn things around soon.
  • Options
    @Rainydayz179 - It's good that you could buy more tables. Silly critics don't know when to sit. lol I have 0 simoleons in my home account and -51 (negative) in my restaurant account. I'm hoping I can turn things around soon.

Holy cow, I didn't know you could be negative! Are you doing something extra to make money? My sims are gardening and painting. I would have been almost ready to open the 2nd restaurant if it wasn't for the waiter quitting. Now I have to get the new guy's skill all the way up first.
  • Options

Holy cow, I didn't know you could be negative! Are you doing something extra to make money? My sims are gardening and painting. I would have been almost ready to open the 2nd restaurant if it wasn't for the waiter quitting. Now I have to get the new guy's skill all the way up first.

This was day one in the game. So things were very tight. I'm taking Monday off to collect things and relax. We can open the restaurant again on Tuesday I think and be better for it.

• Options
    @Jes2G - That's great! Glad it went well for you both times.

Negative?? Whoa.

The restaurant I downloaded has a bar in it, so Jonathan tends it when it’s busy. That keeps some people occupied and they don’t get impatient.
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Tuesday went very well. I made profits. But then I lost them again when I gave a much deserved raise to my waiter. I'm in the negative again but not by much. lol Having collected and fished the day before allowed me to extend the walls by one, on one side. This allowed for more room in the kitchen and a little more room in the dining area. I was able to add seating for three more. I'm now up to 3.5 stars on my first restaurant!
  • Options
    Oh YAY Rest number 2!!!! Holy heck that was a trip to get - now it will be interesting to see how it fairs managing the first one long distance!