Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Closing the Restaurant for the Day

Is there a way to close the restaurant for the day and allow those who are seated to finish their meals or order? I want to close at a certain time but when I do, everyone ups and leaves at once, even if they're still looking at the menu. I think it would be more realistic to be able to close the doors, but let the current diners have their meals.

I thought I saw an option that said something like "allow no more new customers, but I don't know where that was or what it does.

Comments

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    If you find it, is sounds like what you are looking for.
  • Options
    mattytudemattytude Posts: 212 Member
    You can click on the welcome stand and click "Dissallow visitors" - this will allow your visitors to finish up without welcoming new guests :)
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    mattytude wrote: »
    You can click on the welcome stand and click "Dissallow visitors" - this will allow your visitors to finish up without welcoming new guests :)

Wish I would have found that sooner! Definitely using this
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    edited June 2016
    Ahh. Thank you @Mattydude. I knew I saw something like that. It will help a lot. I just wish we could set specific hours, but this works well enough.

*Update: I just tried doing that and the customers just kept coming in. Not sure how to fix that.
    Post edited by KatsKats on
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    KatsKats wrote: »
    Ahh. Thank you @Mattydude. I knew I saw something like that. It will help a lot. I just wish we could set specific hours, but this works well enough.

*Update: I just tried doing that and the customers just kept coming in. Not sure how to fix that.

Hello.
    It may have been a glitch at that time that it didn't work.

Try testing again when you are going to close the restaurant and see if the same thing occurs,
  • Options
    ST7_MTNMANST7_MTNMAN Posts: 172 Member
    KatsKats wrote: »
    Is there a way to close the restaurant for the day and allow those who are seated to finish their meals or order? I want to close at a certain time but when I do, everyone ups and leaves at once, even if they're still looking at the menu. I think it would be more realistic to be able to close the doors, but let the current diners have their meals.

I thought I saw an option that said something like "allow no more new customers, but I don't know where that was or what it does.

The Host station is where that option is! :) and yes this will allow the ones that are eating to continue and yes no new customers will come in! Hope this helps
  • Options
    MajorTroubleMajorTrouble Posts: 44 Member
    I have a similar question... I've disallowed new customers and yet hours later I still have 2 who've been sitting there for ages, just talking to each other. It's 7 am (opened the day before at 3 pm) and they both have 4 stars over their heads so I don't want to close and lose those reviews but they won't 🐸🐸🐸🐸 leave!
  • Options
    MajorTroubleMajorTrouble Posts: 44 Member
    The "question" part would have been helpful haha. Any idea how to make them leave?!
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    edited June 2016
    I think the only way you can get them to leave is to close. I don't know if it will affect the review or not. I just got back so I'm going to try again to disallow before closing and see what happens like Rose suggested.

And it's still not working for me. I disallow new customers, but they still keep coming. So I tried to disallow and then close immediately, even with patrons still eating and they still got up and left before finishing.
    Post edited by KatsKats on