Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What did you think of the broadcast?

I'm at work so I couldn't see it yet. But for everyone who could, what did you think? Were you impressed by the gameplay?

Comments

• Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    It looked okay, I guess. Not as impressive as it looked in the trailer though imo
    As for the stream itself I had a hard time hearing them and it was hard to keep up with the sheer amount of questions being asked in chat, some which I really wanted to know (though thankfully Twitch has chat replay now)
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2016
    @SimGuruMegan "Look at that microwave dinner" *waves eyebrows* :smirk:

To be honest I only watched the replay and I was focusing more on @SimGuruHolms 's eyes than anything else :p But it was cool, exited for the pack I am.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ariesbabe80ariesbabe80 Posts: 56 Member
    I thought the broadcast was insightful, to see some actual gameplay help me know what to expect. It reminded me of owning a Retail store but you can customize your menu, pay for training for your employee, comp meals etc.
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain." - Vivian Greene
  • Options
    ST7_MTNMANST7_MTNMAN Posts: 172 Member
    I'm at work so I couldn't see it yet. But for everyone who could, what did you think? Were you impressed by the gameplay?

The pack looks great! Alot to be excited about! Taller tables so you can now have barstools at the tables!

The booths have low back and High back as well as being sectional!

Alot of customization oppurtunities,carpets,outdoor walls, window coverings

so many to mention it looks like as far as content goes i would say Outdoor retreat and spa day and throw in a little bit of stuff from GTW and this pack is gonna be well worth the 20 dollars they are asking!
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    I actually like the pack more than I thought I would after seeing the stream. It feels like a feature I'll be using forever, I loved how everything was setup. I'm bummed they're not bringing back the nectar making skill though.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    Amiutza wrote: »
    I actually like the pack more than I thought I would after seeing the stream. It feels like a feature I'll be using forever, I loved how everything was setup. I'm bummed they're not bringing back the nectar making skill though.

I am new to sims not sure what that consists of?
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited June 2016
    I'm excited. I'm glad we do get a few new food options besides the experimental ones. Clam chowder, Italian meatball, fruit salad, ministrone soup, and some others. I think at this point, I'm more concerned about space.
  • Options
    IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    Is there a link to rewatch it...I missed it due to work :'(
  • Options
    Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    Yea, if you go to TheSims profile on twitch you can find it there..,

They mentioned play testers a few times.... I'd love to know how I can sign up to be a play tester for them, lol
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    ariesbabe80ariesbabe80 Posts: 56 Member
    I'm excited. I'm glad we do get a few new food options besides the experimental ones. Clam chowder, Italian meatball, fruit salad, ministrone soup, and some others. I think at this point, I'm more concerned about space.

Me too! I was too excited when I saw that! I like how you can choose hot or cold drinks, fruity to bar drinks.
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain." - Vivian Greene
  • Options
    AtalantaNemesisAtalantaNemesis Posts: 33 Member
    Couldn't see everything but it seems like something I would actually make a new game for, so yeah, I'm excited ^-^
  • Options
    Did anyone notice the last restaurant they showed was in the water? So a new option to build in water? Or did i not see that right?
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    edited June 2016
    I missed it. Can someone tell me the new game play objects? New aspirations or traits? Thank you
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited June 2016
    imhappy wrote: »
    I missed it. Can someone tell me the new game play objects? Thank you

Required items -
    • Host podium.
    • Waitress station.
    • Cooking station - L-shaped - for hidden kitchens.
    • Cooking station - Wall version - for open kitchens.
    • Dining spots consisting of eating surface and attached seating.
    • Probably toilet facilities, sink/dishwasher and bin too, forgot to ask/look.

Other useful/interesting items -
    • Customisable signs in flat wall, protruding wall and standing versions. Can be used on any lot type.
    • 3 new patterned carpets.
    • Large aquariums.
    • Patio heater.
    • Tall tables that need bar stools. (1, 2 and 3 tile versions. Bolted to floor style - perfect for fast food places)
    • Decorative translucent wall deco and bubble panes that can be placed on walls or over windows. (Fun ways to play with lighting)
    • Booth sections in low and high-backed versions. (Corner piece/straight piece, not connecting modular like counters)

Other info -
    • All household members share ownership and can help out in several ways (Just not chef/waiter/host).
    • Because of shared ownership you can pass the business down to the next gen without losing perks/rating (I assume they have to stay in the household though).
    • Restaurants run without being there, but standards decline unless you visit occasionally. You could run franchises and cycle through them to keep standards high. You could also divide your household up and have someone running each one.
    • You can set a daily special that will be cheaper than normal for that day.
    • Meal price mark-up ranges from 100% to 300% - Though sims won't be happy paying a lot if the food is bad, so work towards higher prices.
    • You can buy perks for better ingredients. These cut into your profit, but increase your rating, so again choose carefully.
    • Sims will use activities on the lot while waiting for the food, but will head back to their table once the food arrives - I see potential for lots of restaurant/venue combos.
    • Sims will wait to be seated, and will be happier if they are occupied while they wait. Bars/entertainment/other things to occupy them may help.
    • You don't earn revenue from drinks purchased at the bar (mixologist is freelance), but you do on drinks bought from the menu. (Not sure on profit if you get an active sim to tend the bar, but I believe sell price is higher than cost to make). - Rewatched the stream and apparently a mixologist is generated automatically even in owned restaurants, so you can't man the bar (unless you can kick them off and take over?)
    • You can own restaurants and retail lots simultaneously. Retail lots don't work while off lot like restaurants do.
    • You can ask to be seated for the host to seat you, or click on a table first to request a specific table from them.
    • You can order 1 drink and 1 food item per sim, but can order again for another course. All orders done in one go per course, but you can choose differently for everyone.
    • Maximum of 8 sims at a dining spot (3-tile table + 8 seats). Parties with more than 8 sims will take up several tables but will still order together.
    • Colouring available to both kids and adults. Only Childish/Insane adults will colour autonomously.
    • No new traits or aspirations.
    • Experimental dishes are learned by eating them, once you have at least level 5 cooking (or might have been level 5 gourmet, I forget).
    • Once sims claim their table and their group is seated, nobody else can join the group. This prevents randoms from joining your sims if there are empty chairs. It also prevents sims swapping to other chairs as they are classed as occupied.
    Post edited by EmmaVane on
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    imhappy wrote: »
    I missed it. Can someone tell me the new game play objects? Thank you

Required items -
    • Host podium.
    • Waitress station.
    • Cooking station - L-shaped - for - hidden kitchens.
    • Cooking station - Wall version - for open kitchens.
    • Dining spots consisting of eating surface and attached seating.

Other useful/interesting items -
    • Customisable signs in flat wall, protruding wall and standing versions. Can be used on any lot type.
    • 3 new patterned carpets.
    • Large aquariums.
    • Patio heater.
    • Tall tables that need bar stools. (1,2 and 3 tile versions. Bolted to floor style - perfect for fast food places)
    • Decorative translucent wall deco and bubble panes that can be placed on walls or over windows. (Fun ways to play with lighting)
    • Booth sections in low and high-backed versions. (Corner piece/straight piece, not connecting modular like counters)

Other info -
    • All household members share ownership and can help out in several ways (Just not chef/waiter/host).
    • Because of shared ownership you can pass the business down to the next gen without losing perks/rating (I assume they have to stay in the household though).
    • Restaurants run without being there, but standards decline unless you visit occasionally. You could run franchises and cycle through them to keep standards high. You could also divide your household up and have someone running each one.
    • You can set a daily special that will be cheaper than normal for that day.
    • Meal price mark-up ranges from 100% to 300% - Though sims won't be happy paying a lot if the food is bad, so work towards higher prices.
    • You can buy perks for better ingredients. These cut into your profit, but increase your rating, so again choose carefully.
    • Sims will can activities on the lot while waiting for the food, but will head back to their table once the food arrives - I see potential for lots of restaurant/venue combos.
    • You can own restaurants and retail lots simultaneously. Retail lots don't work while off lot like restaurants do.

I believe they said there was 2 new types of brick for walls and I think some new stone for the ground if I am not mistaken!
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Thank you!!
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I loved seeing the game play. The customization runs a lot deeper that I originally thought. Lots of details.
    Seems challenging.
    I was really watching to see how the employees worked, since retail employees dont' always do their jobs. I was happy to see there was a 'send to training' option so your employees get better. It also seemed to be a variety of Sims dining at each restaurant they went to & not the same Sims we see over and over in our retail stores. & my all-time favorite was opening your restaurant and not being on the lot. Yes, the restaurant can run without my Sim being there and you will see the money made or loss when you close it!

I'm super excited to play after watching!!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    ST7_MTNMAN wrote: »
    Did anyone notice the last restaurant they showed was in the water? So a new option to build in water? Or did i not see that right?

The water is a pool around the restaurant.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

I was. I hope this is the direction that future livestreams take. They showed the premade restaurants,how restaurants worked,the new items and it was over an hour long.

• Options
    Edit:

[*] You don't earn revenue from drinks purchased at the bar (mixologist is freelance), but you do on drinks bought from the menu. (Not sure on profit if you get an active sim to tend the bar, but I believe sell price is higher than cost to make). - Rewatched the stream and apparently a mixologist is generated automatically even in owned restaurants, so you can't man the bar (unless you can kick them off and take over?)
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited June 2016
    I wasn't able to make the live stream today, so I'm watching it now courtesy of SimsVip upload on youtube. I'm totally spazzing out with excited glee/joy over those awesome industrial brick wallpapers. I've been begging for more "imperfect" wallpaper, and I'm staring at it right now... only days from possible access.

Definitely excited for the new objects, editable signs, etc. The versatility of the assets is pleasing to see too! I liked the live stream, as it was relatively informative and it was neat to see how the ordering works/restaurant customizations. I was happy to see that kids could order, and cracked up laughing (and was also happy to see) that they can't order any "adult" beverages/meals. Adds a nice sense of realism. It was a relief to see and hear the musical chairs issue would not be present in restaurants. (Sweet!) The fact that adults can also draw on the placements cracked me up, and I really like that little addition.

The experimental foods just make my heart happy. They look really fun, and I think that will be all my sims will be eating at home from here out. (So nice to know we can make them at home!)

The Flare shirt... oh man rofl! Totally awesome and comical addition.

Side note: SimGuruNinja is ROCKING that beard. Holy man-scape of hunky glory!!! :swoons: Totally makes me realize I should be utilizing some facial hair on my sims in game. lol I'm missing out!

Oh! I forgot. I also really like that the Gurus said restaurants will be a very profitable and lucrative way to make money in the game. I like it!
    Post edited by Ceres_Meiriona on
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member
    edited June 2016
    The lifestream had a huge Sim2 feeling, but that might be the seats. I was startled at first because of the difference to the trailer, then I realized that the focus wasn't on the individual Sims but on the lot. If they adjusted the camera and had the walls up, especially the posh restaurant would have looked and felt very similar to Chez Zuzu in the video.

What I noticed is that seating might not be totally free to place. All customer seating was in defined areas and I wonder how good this will work with, just an example, private dining rooms on another floor. Customers outside the rooms/raised basement might not be noticed by the staff. I have to rewatch but I think I remember that 16 is the highest number of customers that can be dealt with simultaniously.

Edit: unrelated to the information about the pack, I thought it was very well done to have the Devs play and show without a strict script. It was clear that they had a plan they followed but it didn't feel staged.
  • Options
    @Ceres_Meiriona Oh yes... The beard. *Resists stroking the beard* - I have a thing for well-suited beards.
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    felt sorry for the poor tired sims.
  • Options
    FluffyStrawberryFluffyStrawberry Posts: 113 Member
    I loved everything but then they said you can´t be the chef , host or waitress so kinda super disappointed. I specially liked the menu thing ( that you can choose your own menu) pretty cool