Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build/Buy Glitch after Patch While Placing a Lot

I think something is amiss with build/buy from the newest patch yesterday.

I tried to place a Spa lot I have used multiple times without issue since January in a new save and when I placed it in build mode, I got a message that 8 build items had been removed. Message was something to the effect the items weren't owned, at least not by the user logged in. I am the only user and own all DLC issued to date.

This is on a fresh install of Origin, the game and all DLC, since I got a new computer. First time I got the message I thought perhaps it was a mistake, bulldozed the lot, which is in Newcrest, and tried again but still got the message. I bulldozed again, exited and did a repair game in case something had not installed properly. That didn't do any good, same message when I went back into game.

After that I thought perhaps something glitched when I replaced the new tray folder with the one saved for transfer to the new machine, so I deleted the lot from my library and redownladed it through the Gallery. That hasn't worked either and I'm now stumped. I'm not even sure what was removed to determine what content is missing since I didn't build the lot. It is The Lotus Spa lot built by KRIINT.

I just can't imagine what's going on since I've placed that lot at least 10 times prior to yesterday's patch and never gotten a removed items message. I have a vanilla game and that spa is a cc free build.

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello,
    Could you try starting a new save game and see if the same thing occurs when placing the lot in that new save game?
  • Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Hi @rosemow , I started a new game as you wanted me to and no change. I still get the message that one or more items may not be installed, or not owned by the user name and 8 build items removed.

Since the game is shown in my Origin game library, along with all DLC, and all are showing as installed, it isn't something on my end, I don't believe. Especially so since I've even done a repair game. I feel it's behaving as if build items were deleted when the patch was installed since I haven't encountered the problem in the past. I guess something changed in build mode could have overridden some objects but what they are, I don't have a clue.

Since the exterior of the build looks okay, I'm leaning towards something like wallpaper. When I next visit the lot, I will be sure to put the walls completely up and look around. I took a cursory look through the build and nothing obvious jumped out at me.
  • Options
    Is this the only build that the mesage is appearing on when placing in the world?
    It would be good to see if you can notice if any items are missing when you visit the spa lot.
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    @DOLLDRMS1 I downloaded and placed the spa and did not receive the message about missing objects. I have all DLC except for Cool Kitchen. If you haven't already, I would try clearing your cache and repairing the game via Origin.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @rosemow and @BryonyRae so far this is the only lot I've tried to place in the new save that gives me that message.

I realized in his/her? comment section it's indicated to activate MOO. I had not noticed that before and have not done it in the past. I tried again tonight after repairing game files for the second time today, and also had cleared cache files and removed slot 1 save folders before starting the game. I still got the same message. BTW, FWIW, this is the only lot I've tried to place that is supposed to have MOO activated when placed.

In looking through the lot, I don't see anything gone. In the front of it, there are two squares that were empty. They may have had plants in them but I can't recall for sure. If you still have the lot installed @BryonyRae , look in the front of the build to see them. One is to the left of the fountains and one to the right. If yours have flowers in them, then that's probably what's missing. I feel pretty sure vegetation would have been placed with MOO.

As mentioned in my OP, this is a new install of both Origin and the game on a new system. Consequently, I'm not playing with the install I had when I started playing TS4 and when I started using that lot. I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not.

This is just so bizarre.

Edited to add: Thank you so very much @BryonyRae for having taken the time to have looked at the lot. I appreciate it.
  • Options
    Hello
    Thankyou for letting us know what you have done. I am not sure why you are receiving this message.
    I am just checking that you have installed all the eps , game packs and stuff packs and any other packs that are available for the game?
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited June 2016
    How odd, if you haven't yet I would repair the game, close game open origin under my games right click in the sims 4 icon and select the option

If this doesn't help and if you know if the missing items are from a certain pack start the game by clicking on the pack

It's also possible there is a minor glitch with your programming game files running a hard drive cleaner like ccleaner could help, I'm not at my computer but if you need this step I can add later, good luck
  • Options
    No @DOLLDRMS1, you don't need to activate MOO (and these days, it's usually better if you don't). Yes, there are supposed to be trees in those squares, but if you aren't zoomed out a bit, you won't see them (trees are hidden at a pretty aggressive distance). The trees are base game and so shouldn't have been deleted...
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    Sorry for having to bail last night with people trying to help. Severe thunderstorm, so I ended up bringing down all computer equipment.

@rosemow , yes they were installed. Since I was putting programs on the new system, I actually was going to only install base game and come back later to install the rest of DLC. However, when I started the game just to be sure it would launch, it automatically started downloading all uninstalled packs.

@ceejay402 , thank you for trying to help. After reading your post, though, I decided to uninstall and reinstall the game. Fortunately, I am familiar with CCleaner. I've had and used the program for years.

@BryonyRae , I know what you mean by the trees hiding. This new graphic card is even more sensitive to the issue, I've discovered. They disappear faster than they did with my older one. Thanks, too, for the MOO observation. I've seen issues in your thread and at AHQ you and others have written but hadn't seen you indicate it's now better to avoid activating it when installing. Such a shame the cheat is causing some of the strange issues it does.

For good news, uninstalling and reinstalling has fixed the problem, thankfully. I hope I don't have to do that again anytime soon. For some reason I get mega-S-L-O-W download speed with the Origin Client. Don't have the download speed problem anywhere else but nothing I've tried has helped solve the Origin Client problem.

Thanks again to all 3 of you for trying to help.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    DOLLDRMS1 wrote: »
    Sorry for having to bail last night with people trying to help. Severe thunderstorm, so I ended up bringing down all computer equipment.

@rosemow , yes they were installed. Since I was putting programs on the new system, I actually was going to only install base game and come back later to install the rest of DLC. However, when I started the game just to be sure it would launch, it automatically started downloading all uninstalled packs.

@ceejay402 , thank you for trying to help. After reading your post, though, I decided to uninstall and reinstall the game. Fortunately, I am familiar with CCleaner. I've had and used the program for years.

@BryonyRae , I know what you mean by the trees hiding. This new graphic card is even more sensitive to the issue, I've discovered. They disappear faster than they did with my older one. Thanks, too, for the MOO observation. I've seen issues in your thread and at AHQ you and others have written but hadn't seen you indicate it's now better to avoid activating it when installing. Such a shame the cheat is causing some of the strange issues it does.

For good news, uninstalling and reinstalling has fixed the problem, thankfully. I hope I don't have to do that again anytime soon. For some reason I get mega-S-L-O-W download speed with the Origin Client. Don't have the download speed problem anywhere else but nothing I've tried has helped solve the Origin Client problem.

Thanks again to all 3 of you for trying to help.

Ok glad you were able to fix and if helpful know this type of issue can be common from uninstalling/reinstalling programs, ccleaner is are great but not perfect so do try to not reinstall the game, happy simming
  • Options
    I'm glad you were able to get it worked out. :)