Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will all clothes and hairs be unisex from here on out?

And will we be getting much longer hair in the future? Those are my questions since I really want my loner, sad starving artist sim to get some more long locks. Right now I have CC hair on him, but some longer hair would be much appreciated in the future along with more hoodies for my female sims.

Ugh, just realized I don't have pics on my laptop. :( I really need to kick my husband off our computer, haha.

Comments

• Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    I haven't been able to find any long "girlie" hairstyles for my dudes, besides dreads. But, I saw a long haired girly hair do on a "father" ("male" sim) in the Gallery and now I'm just confused? I guess it might just be a mod but idk.

But yeah, more long locks for the dude sims, please.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    I haven't been able to find any long "girlie" hairstyles for my dudes, besides dreads. But, I saw a long haired girly hair do on a "father" ("male" sim) in the Gallery and now I'm just confused? I guess it might just be a mod but idk.

well the new patched allow for males to have female hair dresses

6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member

Seriously? That was why I was most excited for this patch! I recreated the four kings of heaven from Sailor Moon and had to go download some long CC hair for males in order to do so. I guess I'll have to keep them for now.

The long ponytail isn't even in there?
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »

Which ones??? Cause like I've seen the short crop dyed hairdo from the "girls" available to the guys. Along with the former-ladies only dreads and the afros, but I can't find any longer hairstyles but I get all the other items? :/

The "girls" seem to have a large variety of formerly dudes-only hairdos (some which look REALLY nice on them, btw). But I'm ??? at the lack of variety for the dudes section.
  • Options
    The "girls" seem to have a large variety of formerly dudes-only hairdos (some which look REALLY nice on them, btw). But I'm ??? at the lack of variety for the dudes section.

EAs hate for males strikes again. Once again they get the short end of the stick even when they are updating almost everything in CAS to be unisex.
  • Options
    DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    Most likely.
    xo0yscju
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Which ones??? Cause like I've seen the short crop dyed hairdo from the "girls" available to the guys. Along with the former-ladies only dreads and the afros, but I can't find any longer hairstyles but I get all the other items? :/

Remove the filter that say's masculine and you will most of the female hairstyles there for males. Some look good on males and I could play medieval Sims from movies (because there is one particular one there that reminded me of something) if I choose to use some of them.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member
    Are you unchecking the filters? By default only a few of the female hairs are showing for males, but if you remove the masculine/feminine filter at the top (above the images of the hair below the outfit categories), then all the hairs should show! Same for the females - the filter seems separate for each category - so if you unchecked it in say shoes, you still have to uncheck it seperatly in hair, unless you have changed their clothing gender preferences.
  • Options
    CandyCadetCandyCadet Posts: 517 Member
    I would hope so. I'm also hoping they add longer hairs to the game. And by long, I mean past the shoulder long. Looooooong!
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

Remove the filter that say's masculine and you will most of the female hairstyles there for males. Some look good on males and I could play medieval Sims from movies (because there is one particular one there that reminded me of something) if I choose to use some of them.

omgggg thank you! I was looking all over for them. ;; <33
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    And will we be getting much longer hair in the future? Those are my questions since I really want my loner, sad starving artist sim to get some more long locks. Right now I have CC hair on him, but some longer hair would be much appreciated in the future along with more hoodies for my female sims.

Ugh, just realized I don't have pics on my laptop. :( I really need to kick my husband off our computer, haha.

I would assume so since they unisexed almost everything. Expect the new clothing and hats in Dine Out to be unisexed as well.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    CandyCadet wrote: »
    I would hope so. I'm also hoping they add longer hairs to the game. And by long, I mean past the shoulder long. Looooooong!

I would like that too, except there isn't really much in the way of hair animations - maybe if/when (please let it be when) seasons happens, on a windy day, maybe sims with hair beyond a certain length will find the wind makes their hair fly around in all directions. It's unlikely but it would be cool.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options

Yes! I mean they had it in the Sims 2 where the hairs would move a little, so I don't see why it would be a problem in this game. I have some long almost elbow length CC male hair in my game that looks great to me, even in it's current state. My only issue is that it sometimes clips the sim when he bends over or sits down somewhere. But other than that it just kinda molds to his body when he moves and looks pretty good.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I don't see why they wouldn't unisex everything from now on. Everyone gets more content that way, and saves batch converting it again at a later time.
  • Options
    Hopefully they can create it in mind of both genders so it doesn't end up funky looking like some of the clothes do. xP
  • Options
    ShuushiiShuushii Posts: 745 Member
    Imagine all the unisex options for Dine Out!! I'm excited.
    codxHiZ.jpg
    Disclaimer: He or Him! Not a girl!
  • Options
    Shuushii wrote: »
    Imagine all the unisex options for Dine Out!! I'm excited.

Speaking of which, it would be nice to get some pics of the new hairs and clothes like we have in previous EPs and GPs with the side by side pictures.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Yes, most probably. The kid's outfits were already like this since the beginning (minus full body outfits) so I don't see why not.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    -lHoneyz-lHoneyz Posts: 6 New Member

YEEEES, that's all I want!