Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The censorship needs to stop

If people are unhappy with the patch, EA needs to deal with the feedback instead of trying to bury it and make it seem like everyone is happy about the changes. I honestly don't care as long as random townies aren't running around my towns with men in ballgowns and women talking with men's voices and having men body types unless I tell them to do so. Although I know with EA that is bound to happen. Anyway, please stop with the censorship.

Comments

• Options
    lalalalanalalalalalanala Posts: 102 Member
    We are not suppose to talk about religious, political or blatantly controversial content. Those are the rules.
  • Options
    BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    The problem with a lot of people's complaints is that they come under a guise that is immediately resolved by the fact that the patch's new CAS feature is optional. Past that resolution, the threads devolve quickly into bigoted monologues.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    You don't have to tolerate it. You can ignore it, but why should those people be silenced for having something forced upon them that they didn't want? I honestly think EA should've made two patches. One with the CAS changes plus the other updates, and one with just the updates. This whole debacle could've been avoided that way.

Also I get called a freak by my family all the time, even though they don't know they are calling me that, because I'm in a closed poly V marriage which means my husband isn't monogamous but I am. However, I don't get hurt that everyone doesn't understand my lifestyle. I just accept it as being their opinion and go on with my life.
  • Options
    TetraFantasyTetraFantasy Posts: 3 New Member
    Present your opinions in a respectful matter and you won't have to worry about having your thread closed. It's that simple.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    Beanfoot wrote: »
    The problem with a lot of people's complaints is that they come under a guise that is immediately resolved by the fact that the patch's new CAS feature is optional. Past that resolution, the threads devolve quickly into bigoted monologues.

Trust me I already dealt with a simliar bigot about the "D" word. As well as people like Peppeajax about this issue they have their heads in a place they shouldn't be.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    We are not suppose to talk about religious, political or blatantly controversial content. Those are the rules.

Which is ironic because this patch is very controversial.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Not really. If your threads are going to produce hate then the gurus have every right to delete and ban you. If you have a problem with then leave.
  • Options
    BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Beanfoot wrote: »

Trust me I already dealt with a simliar bigot about the "D" word. As well as people like ... about this issue they have their heads in a place they shouldn't be.

It's best not to mention or talk about other people - it's also against the forum rules.

But I otherwise totally sympathize with you because I've never been so confused about others' anger than now.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    We have to mind ourselves, as this is a forum frequented by young and therefore, vulnerable people. We should be able to address these issues, but in a calm, rational manner. The way I see it, if you wouldn't say it in a room where children are present, don't say it here.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    You don't have to tolerate it. You can ignore it, but why should those people be silenced for having something forced upon them that they didn't want? I honestly think EA should've made two patches. One with the CAS changes plus the other updates, and one with just the updates. This whole debacle could've been avoided that way.

Also I get called a freak by my family all the time, even though they don't know they are calling me that, because I'm in a closed poly V marriage which means my husband isn't monogamous but I am. However, I don't get hurt that everyone doesn't understand my lifestyle. I just accept it as being their opinion and go on with my life.

Get over it. Simple as that. Your complaints are pathetic, and not worth listening to.
  • Options

Not really. If your threads are going to produce hate then the gurus have every right to delete and ban you.

Actually it is. Whether you agree with the patch or not, it's undeniable that the content of the patch is still controversial. Especially when you consider current events. I'm not saying it's a bad thing or a good thing, but let's be honest, it is definitely controversial.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Actually it is. Whether you agree with the patch or not, it's undeniable that the content of the patch is still controversial. Especially when you consider current events. I'm not saying it's a bad thing or a good thing, but let's be honest, it is definitely controversial.

Doesn't matter. The gurus do not want hateful speech on these boards. Everyone here agreed to those rules. If you have a problem with this then leave x2
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

I bolded the part in your statement that isn't true, because the FACT is that this Gender thing IS completely OPTIONAL. Happy Simming :)
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    The inflammatory, bigoted, and deragatory name calling is what needs to stop, and fortunately it's being worked on.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    aaronjc123 wrote: »

Get over it. Simple as that. Your complaints are pathetic, and not worth listening to.

Get over what? Also I'm pretty sure what you just stated is against the TOS.
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited June 2016
    aaronjc123 wrote: »

You're bellyaching for no reason - nothing is being forced on anyone. It is entirely optional. This is precisely what people want from this game - options.

The fact that you're here complaining about it despite it not affecting your game play in any way, shape or form reveals more about you than you'd care to admit.

So, get over it - as in to say, it isn't important, it doesn't affect you and you have no reason to complain. Okay? o:)
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Maybe we should ALL just step away from the forums for a few minutes to calm down?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options

And your OP is considered to be flame baiting. Reporting.
  • Options
    simsacesimsace Posts: 1,483 Member

Not really. If your threads are going to produce hate then the gurus have every right to delete and ban you. If you have a problem with then leave.

than maybe the dev's shouldn't have patched something in that would be controversial and create this kind of response. I personally don't have that much of a problem with the patch, I'm fine with the clothing stuff but I don't get the gender stuff and think it is time that would have been much better spent on other features.

And I can see why some are ticked off that EA will patch this in but discussion about adding any kind of religion is still off limits
  • Options

I bolded the part in your statement that isn't true, because the FACT is that this Gender thing IS completely OPTIONAL. Happy Simming :)

Well I don't have it in my game yet, but that's good to know because I read on here that someone had some random male townies running around in a dress in their game. Now to everyone who thinks I'm some LBGT hater, let me clear something up. I AM NOT. My husband is bi, so obviously I'm not against it. With that said, I don't think anyone should be forced on anyone if they don't want it and that is my main concern that EA didn't fully playtest this new feature and it will show up randomly with townies like the Tragic Clown hair did.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top