Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Think the worlds will EVER go on sale?

I'd really like some new-to-me worlds for my game; think they'll ever go on a big sale? My most recent world purchase was last year, a two-pack of Monte Vista and Hidden Springs at Wal-Mart for $10. That seemed like a good price since the game is older, $5 each. I'd like Roaring Heights, have seen pictures of Sunlit Tides and it's pretty.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,288 Member
    I can tell you that the standard version of Sunlit Tides is on the Daily Deals rotation since September of 2014. Sunlit Tides is set to come up on the DD on July 8th for 1127 simpoints.

This link here will tell you what time zones it will be on that day.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NIeS9yIMAw-fA7VhseLilqCOV5XfKoSJXwbyyKQLJP4/edit#gid=1286992794

The only world that I need now is Roaring Heights. I missed out on the big sale that they hade in 2014 for Black Friday when the world was $8 USD... :(
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    I'd really like some new-to-me worlds for my game; think they'll ever go on a big sale? My most recent world purchase was last year, a two-pack of Monte Vista and Hidden Springs at Wal-Mart for $10. That seemed like a good price since the game is older, $5 each. I'd like Roaring Heights, have seen pictures of Sunlit Tides and it's pretty.

Thanks!

Do you have a wishlist set up? There are a lot of players who love to gift. I know I occasionally do some drive by gifting on a couple of the gift threads and even though I say not to reciprocate they just don't listen. :)
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    Oh, a wishlist is a great idea but no, I don't have one. Someone gifted me a big set years ago and it made me feel oddly uncomfortable. I don't know why.

I need that SimShrink that dropped out of the sky in TS2. lol
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,288 Member
    Oh, a wishlist is a great idea but no, I don't have one. Someone gifted me a big set years ago and it made me feel oddly uncomfortable. I don't know why.

I was the same way when I would put the bigger items/sets on my wishlist. My intention for them being on the WL was for me to remind myself of the things that I wanted when I finally got me some simpoints and I could get them myself. But it is a nice feeling when someone does want to gift you the big ticketed items for no reason whatsoever but to be a good friend and to help other people out.

I now just put single items on my WL as I have most of the sets/worlds and all of the venues. I have 12 sets that I don't own yet but some of them I do have 1-2 items from some of those sets. The stuff that is now on my WL is stuff that isn't in any sets whatsoever... :)

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

People gift because they want to. It's not charity or anything resembling it. Go make up a wish list for all the store stuff you're missing and hang around some of the popular gift threads.

I used to use my wish list as a sort of book marking system for what I wanted to eventually buy and when I did some of my drive by ninja gifting I found my list being demolished by people in the threads. It's really lots of fun.

I know i do odd things like if something someone says makes me want to gift them and it's disappointing to find they don't have a wish list.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »

I was the same way when I would put the bigger items/sets on my wishlist. My intention for them being on the WL was for me to remind myself of the things that I wanted when I finally got me some simpoints and I could get them myself. But it is a nice feeling when someone does want to gift you the big ticketed items for no reason whatsoever but to be a good friend and to help other people out.

I now just put single items on my WL as I have most of the sets/worlds and all of the venues. I have 12 sets that I don't own yet but some of them I do have 1-2 items from some of those sets. The stuff that is now on my WL is stuff that isn't in any sets whatsoever... :)

this is me with venues, worlds and premium content and don't expect anyone to gift me single items let alone big items so i'm really grateful for anything I am gifted, there are so many lovely simmers around!.
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3