Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does Anyone Else Wonder...

why they're putting in heat lamps to "keep diners toasty" when they eat at an outdoor restaurant? I was just curious why we'd even want something like that since it always seems to be summer.

Comments

• Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    edited May 2016
    Maybe you are on the correct tract
    I figure Christmas if at all.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Why do we have fireplaces if that's the case?

I think the patio heaters will have similar buffs to fireplaces. Bonus points if they are a fire hazard (either normally or if not maintained).
  • Options
    SimulanceSimulance Posts: 313 Member
    Could it be...
    Eternal summer will soon be over? :o

Or maybe they're just a fireplace reskin like EmmaVane said above me. :p
  • Options
    SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member
    I kinda want to build a hole in the wall with patio dining (heaters in disrepair) and a terrible clumsy chef and see if I can get a tragic restaurant fire to happen! The critic will be all "I told them that place was a hazard!" Lol
  • Options
    SkyeChimes wrote: »
    I kinda want to build a hole in the wall with patio dining (heaters in disrepair) and a terrible clumsy chef and see if I can get a tragic restaurant fire to happen! The critic will be all "I told them that place was a hazard!" Lol

Best thing being restaurants don't normally have showers (unless you put one in the staff room) and if you don't add a deco pool they can jump into, sims can't extinguish themselves.

You also can't use sprinklers if there's no ceiling (I.E. Outside).
  • Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    Ahh, the Sim death by fire plans are happening already LOL
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Actually, sims can extinguish themselves, at least the ones under your control can. They apparently carry a fire extinguisher around with them. You just click on your sim, and you'll get the action "extinguish self."
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited May 2016
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    Actually, sims can extinguish themselves, at least the ones under your control can. They apparently carry a fire extinguisher around with them. You just click on your sim, and you'll get the action "extinguish self."

I love this.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Not really because the greater portion of CA is considered a desert. Where I am located in WA is also considered a desert and deserts do get COLD at night even in the summer. Some more than others.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    KatsKats wrote: »
    why they're putting in heat lamps to "keep diners toasty" when they eat at an outdoor restaurant? I was just curious why we'd even want something like that since it always seems to be summer.

I was wondering the same thing. I hope it's a hint for Seasons being the next expansion pack.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member

I love this.

I once knew someone who did this; he took a fire extinguisher to college with him everyday! He was a music student.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    And Gurus were worried about babies, when there are painful fire extinguishers Sims carry in their back pocket. :lol: What would happen if they sit on the fire extinguisher if it was real? XD Oh the stories we could create just with what Sims grab out of their back pocket. The glass out of the back pocket reminds me of the movie Sabrina in which David sat on glasses.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    CunninghamCunningham Posts: 1,310 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Hint seasons is coming lol

My theory exactly xD

'I'm Just Another Plum Faced Irishman, Am I Not?'
    "Dr Moose's daycare challenge "
    The Sims 3 - Wishlist/Top5
    oGh7KNi.gif
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    And Gurus were worried about babies, when there are painful fire extinguishers Sims carry in their back pocket. :lol: What would happen if they sit on the fire extinguisher if it was real? XD Oh the stories we could create just with what Sims grab out of their back pocket. The glass out of the back pocket reminds me of the movie Sabrina in which David sat on glasses.

:(:o:D

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    Yeah what he had to do for the recovery for it. XD
    Sabrina-3.jpg
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options

Well, that's just plain silly. It makes sense at home (to some extent, I pretend it's in a cupboard) but not when out and about.
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    Yeah what he had to do for the recovery for it. XD
    Sabrina-3.jpg

I just choked on my soda from laughing!!!! LOL

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I was wondering that as well, OP. I hope it's a hint that Seasons is coming, but I'm not going to read too much into it just yet. Right now I'll be thinking of them as mini fireplaces and bide my time to see if anything else comes of it. ;)
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options

I just choked on my soda from laughing!!!! LOL
    Yay my daily mission is accomplished. Made someone laugh. :smiley:
  • Options
    elmkec89elmkec89 Posts: 41 Member
    Maybe you are on the correct tract
    I figure Christmas if at all.

this is irrelevant but i like your image of a fox wearing a human lol, awesome'd u just for that :)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I would assume having these outside would raise the rating of your restaurant and not a hint at Seasons.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    KatsKats wrote: »

It's likely just decor. I live in Southern California, and most of the fireplaces and outdoor lamps in real life give off as much heat as the ones in this game. :D

"That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 572 Member
    edited May 2016
    While I doubt anyone thought this was a hint, heat lamps are needed even outdoors because the temperature of the heat lamp is more than the surrounding temperature and give a desirable temperature for humans to consume cooked food. Setting food out in the open on a regular hot day, even in Houston or Miami, will not give food that fresh and hot feeling that we prefer with cooked food. Think of crunching that french fry fresh from the fryer and how much more delicious it is than being left out for 20 minutes. Or that fresh pie out of the oven or that fresh soup ladled from the stove. Heat lamps are designed to keep this heat and "freshness" as long as possible.
    soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Why do we have fireplaces if that's the case?

Good point.

I think they're probably just a fun object that they thought up when thinking of 'restaurant things'. A lot of places have them now here in the UK because of the smoking law, which means people can't smoke indoors in public places, so bars and restaurants make an area outside with a heater. I guess the law had an unexpected benefit in that outside spaces have improved now! XD