Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rainy's Downpour- Chapter updates

Comments

• Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    Oooh! I always get ideas reading your stuff. I should learn to embrace the teenage years and have all the parties! And drama and friends....people have friends in hs don't they? Lol.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    ra3rei wrote: »
    Oooh! I always get ideas reading your stuff. I should learn to embrace the teenage years and have all the parties! And drama and friends....people have friends in hs don't they? Lol.

I use the teen years to develop their future personality and meet their future friends... hopefully set them up with their future mate. Lotta futures in that comment. *rolls eyes* The only one that I don't go into their personality as much in this generation is the heir because it would be too obvious who it is for one thing if you know the traits to look for and I had two of them with the same trait and didn't want to have them the same. Geeze it's hard talking about stuff and not giving anything away!
  • Options
    Hello all! I've just finished reading @lisabee2 's wonderful Insane Asylum Challenge which reminded me that I have an unpublished chapter of my own asylum challenge Riches to Rags. So here it is! I would be eternally grateful if anyone has any ideas to make this challenge more exciting. I don't like leaving challenges unfinished.

Chapter 3: Field Trip
  • Options
    3 updates in one day you ask?! Why yes that's right. I have 5 unpublished ISBI chapters and part of one unwritten. I have set my alarm on my phone to remind me to post the ISBI chapters. So here it is!

ISBI Challenge 2.7: End of the Second Generation
  • Options
    Right off the bat when you click on the link you're going to notice something different today. Thanks to the wonderful help of @Meggles & @ra3rei I have transferred most of my current stories to WordPress! The only ones that have the correct linkage are 'Till Death Do We Part and Heart & Soul. The rest I will start fixing today.

This chapter finally starts getting to the heart of Amira's gift/curse. After writing it I was annoyed with myself that I didn't have as much of the family in it but looking at it now I'm pretty happy how it turned out. You'll see more of the kids in the next Marx post. And yay you get to meet Gabe!

Chapter 1.13: Private Eye?
    imageedit_130_8809713616.jpg
  • Options
    The next Heart & Soul chapter is up! This one is a little bit of fun that gives everyone a peek into the kids personalities more and also might have their future mates. I'm not going to say which one but one of them ages up with a terrible trait that doesn't fit the others personality at all! They went bye bye.

Chapter 1.14: Date the Heir
    imageedit_133_9129317831.jpg
  • Options
    I set a timer on my phone so I wouldn't forget to post an ISBI update today. :D I also got the new WordPress blog sorted out. All of the links should go to the WordPress posts and pages now. I'm not sure when I'll be able to update the first post of this thread with the new links. It took hours to do the first time around. Another exciting piece of news is that I got the new Marx house today from a wonderful builder @equuest so you can look forward to seeing that starting in Gen 2. After watching the livestream today I am pumped for restaurants and have decided that Kristof will run one.

That's all the news for now. Enjoy this ISBI post starting out Gen 3:

Chapter 3.1: Tess Takes Charge
  • Options
    Hopping in for another H&S chapter! I've got the first few of gen 2 written in my head and one typed out but I'm trying to wait a bit longer to catch up more with where everyone else is in the story. I'd really like to get some feedback on the first generation before delving into the next.

In other news I've given in and started The Drifter Challenge. I've been wanting to do it for quite awhile now but was afraid it would take my attention from my other stuff. I just gave in and started last night. <shrug> Hopefully I won't get too hyper-focused on it. I'll try to have the first update posted today. Ya'll are gonna fall in love with this sim! <3

Chapter 1.15: Club Cosplay Returns!
    imageedit_136_6085934445.jpg
  • Options
    As promised I have my first Drifter Challenge update for you! I'm calling the series "Can't Buy Love". The challenge was created by @Vihisha and I've linked back to the forum post with the rules at the bottom of the chapter for anyone who's interested. ;)

Chapter 001.1: Brock Rover
    imageedit_139_4777723800.jpg
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    Hahah hahaha. I started a drifter challenge yesterday! I will read yours because right now I have no plans to write mine.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    ra3rei wrote: »
    Hahah hahaha. I started a drifter challenge yesterday! I will read yours because right now I have no plans to write mine.

Meh I have one save that I play without writing about and I wish I would have. I just love my screenies! <3 And Brock is hawt so there's a lot of him just being adorable.
  • Options
    Yet another Heart & Soul Chapter for ya'll. There are 8 unpublished chapters now. Whew! So in a week everyone will know exactly who the heirs are!

Chapter 1.16: Growing Pains
    imageedit_142_9375481616.jpg
  • Options
    I decided another Drifter update was in order 'cuz why not? :p

Chapter 001.2: Can't Buy Love
    imageedit_145_4320591766.jpg
  • Options
    Figured I'm posting this update everywhere else I might as well post it here too. It's the unpublished chapter of my neighborhood rotation. Enjoy!

Chapter 66: Surprise Baby
  • Options
    The countdown has begun! Well, technically I've been counting down in practically every post but ya know what I mean. So place your bets on who the Marx and Holt heirs are! The Holt heir is revealed in the last chapter of gen one and the Marx is revealed in the first of gen two. When dine out comes out I'm planning to stop aging and play Kristof for a bit so he can start a restaurant. I figure this isn't cheaty because I've completed Kristof's half of the ambrosia challenge. :D

Chapter 1.17: Mostly Ghostly
    imageedit_148_9674765568.jpg
  • Options
    I decided to post an ISBI update instead of a Drifter update tonight. Sorry, no attached picture it's been a long day. Thanks go out to @Munterbacon for the #boredomcutie that Van marries. :D

Chapter 3.2: Van Moves Out- Life Moves On
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    Yay! Siobhan aka Trisha looks happy with Van! :)
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    Yay! Siobhan aka Trisha looks happy with Van! :)

Haha! At first I was like who? Then I remembered I renamed her. I would have had to write Siobhan on a post-it note in order to write it correctly. ;)
  • Options
    Yay nooboo in this Heart & Soul chapter! Welcome to the world little Liza. <3

Chapter 1.18: The First Grandchild
    imageedit_151_6152290213.jpg
  • Options
    Another nooboo in the Drifter Challenge update as well! Enjoy.

Chapter 001.3: Bouncing Babies
  • Options
    To go along with today's Heart & Soul chapter I have a little bit of fun as well.

Dining Out with Kristof

Heart & Soul Chapter 1.19: The Contrary Family
    imageedit_154_7696107354.jpg
  • Options
    By the way I just realized that there are only 3 actual chapters left in the first gen of Heart & Soul! Holy cow. :o
  • Options
    I almost forgot that I was going to post a drifter update tonight! With this chapter you're caught up with me.

Chapter 001.4: Our Alien Visitor
  • Options
    Before I post my Heart & Soul update I have a chapter of my neighborhood rotation. I have set this up so that you can start off with this post if you want without having to read the previous 66 posts on my old blog.

Shutterbug Rotation: Lark
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Okay on to our latest Heart & Soul update! There are only 2 chapters and the bloopers, outtakes and review post left!

Chapter 20: Clouded Future
    imageedit_172_3924688015.jpg