Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Mods Folders?

YOLOxLOLxYOLOxLOLx Posts: 13 New Member
Hey!
I lost all my cc a few days ago and I dont have any time to redownload it all... Do any of you guys have any mod folders downloads suggestions? I could really use the help! Please and thank you!

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,605 Member
    Hello.
    It would be best to go to individual cc/mod sites and download the particular cc/mods that you would like to use in your game. By doing that, you will be able to read the instructions given by each of the creators about how to install the cc/mods items and where they are located in the game. You will also have the latest up to date versions, which can help to prevent game issues caused by broken/out of date cc/mods.
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Reuploading a creators' mod or cc is often against their TOU, so please do not download other peoples' mod folders and if you come across one please contact the person who posted it about taking it down. :)
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    Reuploading a creators' mod or cc is often against their TOU, so please do not download other peoples' mod folders and if you come across one please contact the person who posted it about taking it down. :)

That's the friendly way to handle it at least. In reality, all property and derivative works are the property of EA and the product developers therefore you can do whatever you please with user submissions since they can't claim it legally. I'd recommend establishing trust with the community rather than threatening them with pretentious terms.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    Pegasus143 wrote: »

That's the friendly way to handle it at least. In reality, all property and derivative works are the property of EA and the product developers therefore you can do whatever you please with user submissions since they can't claim it legally. I'd recommend establishing trust with the community rather than threatening them with pretentious terms.
    I understand where you come from, but at the same time I spend days working on one object and seeing it thrown in a massive folder, usually behind adfly really breaks my spirit and makes me not want to share anything I make. And a lot of other creators feel the same way. The reason we do is because so many people just want to profit of others, it's very disheartening.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color