Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just wanted to put this out here

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Maybe I could agree with greedy if people were demanding new content and wanted it for free. About the only content I've seen people ask for and think it should be patched in is a toddler patch.

Did you ever stop to think that people are constantly looking for new content is because the game is so lacking in so many areas? That isn't greedy it's closer to desperation of wanting their game to be what it should be.

And I agree with something I read here........if this forum falls silent and people no longer care about changes or new content it will be the end of the franchise. At this point I don't care about the content they have released but I do care very much about the franchise.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Maybe I could agree with greedy if people were demanding new content and wanted it for free. About the only content I've seen people ask for and think it should be patched in is a toddler patch.

Did you ever stop to think that people are constantly looking for new content is because the game is so lacking in so many areas? That isn't greedy it's closer to desperation of wanting their game to be what it should be.

Every time someone comes in and says this, other people explain that they're looking for new content because they're really enjoying the game, yet that seems never to get heard. There's no one reason people want new content: some want things-lacking to not be lacking; others find there's nothing lacking but want a favorite bit from previous add-ons added; and other are happy just to have a favorite game expanded. We have no way to know which dominates; all of the groups are plenty noisy enough - it could be any of them. A few in each of those categories might feel that desire for new content as a kind of desperation. I'm sure it can look, from a place where you don't like the game, like all the desire for new content is desperate need cause by problems in the original, but that's not what people are actually saying.

Count me in, by the way, with people who think toddlers should be a patch - though I think that mainly because otherwise, they'd be unlikely to get more CAS or gameplay later.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    edited May 2016
    *Not trying to start a forum war, just stating what I've seen*

I have seen so many other simmers complain about when the next expansion pack will come out. When will we get news on the next game pack, etc etc. I feel as each base game comes out; there are some simmers who are extremely greedy. The Sims 4 came out in September of 2014; hasn't even been out for two years. Yet people are complaining that they don't have seasons or pets or any other aspect seen in past Sims game. As always, it takes time for a game to be made definitely when The Sims 4 uses a different game engine as the previous three games. If you break everything up in the 1 year and 8 months The Sims 4 has been out, we've have gotten lots of content. It's just not the content that some simmers really want. In that time period, EA/Maxis has given us 6 stuff packs, 2 game packs and 2 expansion packs. In my book, that is a lot of content in that short of time compared to past games; we've been spoiled. Definitely with the content we have gotten for free in updates. I'm not going to mention anything about toddlers in my rant because it's low on my list of wants and if they plan on putting them back in game; it will happen on their terms. This pretty much ends my rant.

Happy simming everyone!

I can't see how we are greedy.... we are paying for the game. The only group that is greedy would be EA to be honest, there is content they could have added in the base game that were so simple to produce as a game developer but they are too lazy to add those content in. Basically they are the greedy ones as they are milking our money for just a few content which could have been in basic game.

Edited: They knew what we want in a game, this could have been added in the game months ago, I feel like the game isn't a life simulator, they kind of killed that generic. The sims 2 and sims 3 did a lot of effort at the very beginning of the first year, plus I feel like the sims 2/3 had more content in their base game only when it was released before updates existed.

Edited:

Also let me ask you this, have you seen this content in the sims 4 yet?

MTS_Aya20-1088248-weeds.jpg

latest?cb=20090415194922

4.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

latest?cb=20090727231830

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

Every time someone comes in and says this, other people explain that they're looking for new content because they're really enjoying the game, yet that seems never to get heard. There's no one reason people want new content: some want things-lacking to not be lacking; others find there's nothing lacking but want a favorite bit from previous add-ons added; and other are happy just to have a favorite game expanded. We have no way to know which dominates; all of the groups are plenty noisy enough - it could be any of them. A few in each of those categories might feel that desire for new content as a kind of desperation. I'm sure it can look, from a place where you don't like the game, like all the desire for new content is desperate need cause by problems in the original, but that's not what people are actually saying.

Count me in, by the way, with people who think toddlers should be a patch - though I think that mainly because otherwise, they'd be unlikely to get more CAS or gameplay later.

I guess when I post a reply I should be very careful to include everyone.....as in some people want this....some people want that.....others want this.

Oh wait...I didn't say everyone wants new content because they are dissatisfied.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    SimStaffBethelleSimStaffBethelle Posts: 1,748 SimGuru (retired)
    Good morning!

This thread appears to have been created to discuss people's attitudes toward the game, and not the game itself; we are therefore closing it at this time.

Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top